PDA

View Full Version : GG Nimbus Meridian...help !!

springerfever
04-08-2010, 23:28
Had the pack for a couple of years now and extremely happy with the way it carries. Hiking over the last few days, the pack developed an annoying squeak (or actually multiple squeaks). I'm looking for a solution, not just quick fix that will be short-term.

I see where others have had similar squeak issues, but no suggestion on how to solve it. Any other GG owners out there that have eliminated this issue ? Thanks........

shoe
04-08-2010, 23:39
i had the same problem and put shelf liner (the rubber grippy kind) over the the top and bottom of the frame sheet. I still get the occasional squeak but most of the time nothing. I am on the trail at the moment but can take pics in a few days if needed

springerfever
04-08-2010, 23:58
Shoe, thanks for the quick reply. Pictures would be great. When you say top and bottom of framesheet, did you remove and then cover both top and bottom with the material? If so, did you glue it or is it adhesive backed shelf liner ? Might give it a try if it worked for you...thanks !!

Sailor (The other one)
04-09-2010, 04:32
i had the same problem and put shelf liner (the rubber grippy kind) over the the top and bottom of the frame sheet. I still get the occasional squeak but most of the time nothing. I am on the trail at the moment but can take pics in a few days if needed

Yes, please, pics.

Kerosene
04-09-2010, 13:33
I've had the same annoying squeak crop up with my Nimbus Ozone. I've always been able to get rid of it my tightening the two bolts that hold the shoulder straps to the framesheet, and then make sure the "flaps" of the shoulder straps are positioned correctly. I also applied a touch of lubricant to the screws but I'm not sure if that really helped or not, but it didn't hurt.

Sailor (The other one)
04-09-2010, 14:30
Thanks Kerosene. I'll give that a try too.

Sailor (The other one)
12-04-2010, 14:01
I tried using some rubbery shelf liner my wife Mudpie had and just recently had a chance to try it out. Worked great. No squeaks. Here are some pictures of what I did. I simply attached the stuff with Gorilla tape.

frisbeefreek
12-04-2010, 21:29
I had a squeak. Tightened the bolts and used a little grease (I used butter on the trail, then switched to some bike grease).

WILLIAM HAYES
12-05-2010, 18:14
lubricate the screws with a little WD40

Cool AT Breeze
12-05-2010, 21:25
If you hike long enough that squeak becomes music to your ears because it means you're on the trail.