PDA

View Full Version : Ortho-soles

Praha4
04-09-2010, 10:18
I've been using the green Superfeet inserts for hiking, but now I've been reading some good things about the Orthosoles. Anyone tried them yet? Recommendations?

Lellers
04-09-2010, 10:54
Just ordered a pair and expect them today or tomorrow. Will try them out on a Lehigh Gap day hike and post my thoughts.

Cool AT Breeze
04-11-2010, 13:55
I use them and highly recomednd them.

Lellers
04-12-2010, 15:24
Mine arrived this morning. Wore them in my trail runners for a short 3 mile walk around the neighborhood. They feel great, but I've changed out the arch supports, and will tinker with them a little bit to get the fit just the way I like them. So far, so good. Definitely comfortable.

Tuney
04-12-2010, 15:43
I'm using the Dr. Scholl's custom fit orthotics in my trail runners. I like them so well, I have 2 pairs, and use them in all my shoes.

Elder
04-12-2010, 20:47
I'm using the Dr. Scholl's custom fit orthotics in my trail runners. I like them so well, I have 2 pairs, and use them in all my shoes.
They are the same price (Wally World $49.96) as Orthosoles ($49.95) with out the adjustability, or the technology.
I see you are in Cleveland. Come up to Neels gap/ Mtn. Crossing and try on some.
The Drs. are good for standing, especially on cement, but the snapshot the machine takes, is not your foot in motion.

Lellers
04-13-2010, 13:56
I'm really liking my orthosoles, but in tweaking the fit to perfection, I'm finding that I'm actually more comfortable with a light arch support on my left foot and a medium on my right foot. Is it okay to have different supports on each foot, or will I end up with foot pain after a while?

Cool AT Breeze
04-13-2010, 14:44
Your feet are different. What ever works is right.

Elder
04-13-2010, 15:32
Your feet are different. What ever works is right.
Yeah, yeah, what he said!
They are made so you adjust them for your individual feet.
Carry the adjustments (for a while) so you can change if needed, or if you switch shoes.