PDA

View Full Version : lion king - yellowblazing again....

juma
04-09-2010, 20:15
I was heading south on the AT in the shenandoah and caught up with Lion King at the base of neighbor mountain about 5pm. He was headed to damascus for trail days. My car was parked there and he begged me to take him to the ranger checkpoint to get a backcountry permit and then up to the fire road for birdhouse 3. I said "What about the integrity of your hike?" He said he'd do anything for a hamburger but would settle for MH stroganoff. So, I took him where he wanted to go. Bur everyone should know, he is not going by every blaze!

juma

Lugnut
04-09-2010, 20:34
So what? He's hiked more miles than most people in the country. He's got nothing he has to prove.

Nest
04-09-2010, 20:46
Even if he's only hikes 30 feet of the trail before, who gives a flip what he is doing. For some of us the trail isn't there to walk on every inch and feel like we are better because we walked every step of the trail. Some of us just go out there to be out there. To experience the lifestlye, friendships and simplicity of the trail life. So in other words, mind your own business.

Panzer1
04-09-2010, 20:51
Bur everyone should know, he is not going by every blaze!juma

so what...

Panzer

rambunny
04-09-2010, 22:13
I like your style Nest!

ed bell
04-09-2010, 22:22
So, I took him where he wanted to go. Bur everyone should know, he is not going by every blaze!

jumaEveryone, I just want you to know, I don't care how you go where you go, just don't go on me.:sun

elray
04-09-2010, 22:24
Well thanks for giving a "brother" a ride just the same.

Roche
04-09-2010, 22:25
He was obviously delusional - settling for a MH Stroganoff meal. The poor man needed rest.

Panzer1
04-10-2010, 00:34
He was headed to damascus for trail days.

trail days isn't until mid May?

Panzer

jesse
04-10-2010, 00:41
I was heading south on the AT in the shenandoah and caught up with Lion King at the base of neighbor mountain about 5pm. He was headed to damascus for trail days. My car was parked there and he begged me to take him to the ranger checkpoint to get a backcountry permit and then up to the fire road for birdhouse 3. I said "What about the integrity of your hike?" He said he'd do anything for a hamburger but would settle for MH stroganoff. So, I took him where he wanted to go. Bur everyone should know, he is not going by every blaze!

juma

Is this for real? Surely it was meant to be funny/sarcastic? Shouldn't you put the little smiley faces there so everybody knows you were kidding.

TACKLE
04-10-2010, 02:52
Juma Nobody likes a tattletale!

horicon
04-10-2010, 07:16
He's marching by a different drumer.

juma
04-10-2010, 07:24
Is this for real? Surely it was meant to be funny/sarcastic? Shouldn't you put the little smiley faces there so everybody knows you were kidding.

yeah, should have. he told me to post his yellowblazing but maybe i should have just let people fume:D

Blue Jay
04-10-2010, 10:48
This is soooo sad. In the old days you would have had several sanctimonious purist posts. It appears they've all died out. Please donate to the Save The Purist Foundation today.:banana

TD55
04-10-2010, 15:38
Ain't nothin wrong with yellowblazing if thats what make ya smile and be happy.

juma
04-10-2010, 18:49
trail days isn't until mid May?

Panzer

Lion King said if he saw time was getting tight, he would immediately yellow blaze to damascus from wherever the was.

juma
04-10-2010, 18:51
This is soooo sad. In the old days you would have had several sanctimonious purist posts. It appears they've all died out. Please donate to the Save The Purist Foundation today.:banana

They see it as a "honeypot" for yellow blazers so they are keeping quiet for now and making a list....

Mags
04-12-2010, 09:12
yeah, should have. he told me to post his yellowblazing but maybe i should have just let people fume:D

Rather than being out hiking, you are posting anon on the internet about another person's hike?

Who gives two ****s.

Get a life. Go hike.

twosticks
04-12-2010, 13:09
Rather than being out hiking, you are posting anon on the internet about another person's hike?

Who gives two ****s.

Get a life. Go hike.

Mags,
As the creator of HMHD, you of all people should care who does what, when and where. Isn't someone keeping a listing of every yellow blazed mile done?

Whatever happened to integrity?

;)

juma
04-12-2010, 14:04

Who gives two ****s.

Get a life. Go hike.

wow, that new job ain't going so great? he asked me to post about it. take yourself on a hike.

juma
04-12-2010, 14:05
wow, that new job ain't going so great? he asked me to post about it. take yourself on a hike.

....and I was just getting ready to buy some wool on your site- hah!

sherrill
04-12-2010, 15:25
It's ok if it's van supported yellow blazing, right? *gasoline*

Mags
04-12-2010, 22:01

I was out climbing all weekend, eating food by the campfire and having a good time while you were being a pack sniffer posting on the internet about someone yellow blazing. Get a life.

(THe job, my life, my friendships and my girlfriend all going well. That's why I don't post about other people's yellow blazing.. :banana)

....and I was just getting ready to buy some wool on your site- hah!

Not that is matters anyway (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/03/amazon-kills-affiliate-program-in-colorado-thanks-to-taxes.ars)..but, well, see above about giving two ****s.

sheepdog
04-12-2010, 22:28
:D

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Lugnut
04-12-2010, 22:40
I think Lion King should get on here and admit putting Juma up to this so everyone would get off his back. I get it.

juma
04-13-2010, 08:20
I think Lion King should get on here and admit putting Juma up to this so everyone would get off his back. I get it.

he won't get on till he gets to waynesboro, probably in a few more days.

juma
04-13-2010, 08:33
I was out climbing all weekend, eating food by the campfire and having a good time while you were being a pack sniffer posting on the internet about someone yellow blazing. Get a life.

(THe job, my life, my friendships and my girlfriend all going well. That's why I don't post about other people's yellow blazing.. :banana)

Not that is matters anyway (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/03/amazon-kills-affiliate-program-in-colorado-thanks-to-taxes.ars)..but, well, see above about giving two ****s.

Hey, it was just walking that you were doing. I still think the bosslady must have laid into ya.

If your so busy walking and involved in high and mighty endeavors, why'd you bother to reply in the first place?

Your reading comprehension is a little questionable because you couldn't quite see that I WAS hiking when I ran into the King. FYI, I hike almost every weekend.

I was posting about the LK's yellow blazing because he asked me too, probably his way to let people know where he was and to joke a little. Its too much for you I guess but I think most got the picture just fine.

You are so tough on the internet that I shudder to think what you'd be like in person:sun

Mags
04-13-2010, 08:56
Juma you are absolutely right. You have the last word. :sun

Lion King
05-01-2010, 11:55
Glad I read this whole thread, I was about to go on a HYOH rant, but yeah, I did say he should mention I hitched up the 20 miles...and Ive done again since then.

Im out to chill, most of you know me, I could care less what anyone thinks about where and how I hike.

I just like to be out....and sometimes, if there is a car going towards a hamburger, all the better.

Drama....lol.

CrumbSnatcher
05-01-2010, 12:03
Glad I read this whole thread, I was about to go on a HYOH rant, but yeah, I did say he should mention I hitched up the 20 miles...and Ive done again since then.

Im out to chill, most of you know me, I could care less what anyone thinks about where and how I hike.

I just like to be out....and sometimes, if there is a car going towards a hamburger, all the better.

Drama....lol.blah,blah,blah!:D dude what happened to the bacon & cheese for that burger?
hope all is well my friend!!!

Jack Tarlin
05-01-2010, 12:16
Don't know whether or not Juma's original and subsequent posts were serious or lighthearted.

And don't particularly care.

A lot of hikers would skip a piece of trail for a cheeseburger.

At least Mike happily admits it, plus, in that he's not thru-hiking this year or claiming to be, who gives a fiddler's f____ what he's doing or skipping? :D

I just walked to Standing Bear Farm from Springer and here's the news, Juma: An awful lot of people have skipped a bunch of the Trail, and by the time they get to Maine, this figure will approach 97%.

If it doesn't matter to them, then why does it matter to you?

I'll be jumping up trail pretty soon to help some folks out in Damascus, i.e with the campground, maybe the Outfitters, etc.

I'm sure looking forward to it.

There will no doubt be folks who are shocked, just shocked, that I've blazed my way up the Trail and skipped some bits.

But in that I'm not thru-hiking this year this doesn't really faze me, tho it's always fascinating to see people with this pathological interest in what other folks are doing out here......these folks generally have one thing in common:

They don't hike much.

In short, hike where you like and like where you hike; pay more attention to your own journeys as opposed to other people's, and you'll smile more often.

King: Looking forward to a large burger with you in Damascus.

Alligator
05-01-2010, 13:13
This seems to have gotten off track, it appears to been started as a lighthearted.