PDA

View Full Version : Davenport gap to hot springs

G-WALK
04-11-2010, 20:32
Heading out with a friend for a few days. DAVENPORT GAP TO HOT SPRINGS. How's the water/springs along this streach? Are there Many blow downs after the winter? Where should i park in Hot Springs?? By The outfitter, across the street, or at the trail head on the edge of town?? Any other issues on this part of the trail?

Thanks all...

DAJA
04-11-2010, 21:07
Did it a week ago. Water was obtained easily. We filtered and averaged a source every 2 miles. Trail was in great shape. Footbead was dry. Some small sections of blow downs, but nothing difficult to manouver. Overall it has been well maintained. Lots of evidance of trail maintance. Good work to those responsible!

Temps were very very very hot for this northerner. Take sunscreen!

Enjoy your hike.

DAJA
04-11-2010, 21:09
Oh and just in case, IPhones have no service in Hot Springs. And both payphones are broken.

Rcarver
04-12-2010, 07:35
I parked in the gravel parking lot when I did DG to HS last weekend. As DAJA stated, water was plentiful. A few minor blowdowns along the way. The trail was in good shape.

Ham-Bone
04-12-2010, 11:02
Just hiked from Brown's Gap to Lemon Gap. I had heard that there were a lot of blow downs, but I didn't see many at all except on the access roads (and they were cleared already). Plenty of water between Max Patch and Lemon Gap for sure.

This is a wonderful section!

G-WALK
04-17-2010, 16:24
Are there trash cans at Max patch parking area???