PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues with getting thru to the BRO?

DirtyJ78
04-12-2010, 13:57
I keep dialing the number and only getting the busy signal, every time!:mad:

Rain Man
04-12-2010, 14:13
If you say who your BRO is, we might be able to answer your question. Until then, you are just jerking us around.

Rain Man

sidebackside
04-12-2010, 14:37
If you say who your BRO is, we might be able to answer your question. Until then, you are just jerking us around.

Rain Man

I'm gonna take a guess Rain Man and say he's talking about the Backcountry Reservation Office. If indeed that's what it is...That's normal for them. They get sooo many calls. It's taken me up to a couple days of consistently calling to finally get a hold of them.

sidebackside
04-12-2010, 14:38
I keep dialing the number and only getting the busy signal, every time!:mad:

If you are talking about the Backcountry Reservation Office...try calling the Backcountry "Information" Office @ 865-436-1297. They can help you or take your reservation too.

DirtyJ78
04-12-2010, 14:50
The info office number is only until noon- it's even harder to get thru too, busy signals as well. I think they are just leaving the phone off the hook.

No wonder people hate this shelter reservation system.:rolleyes:

sidebackside
04-12-2010, 14:54
I've had some luck at getting through on the BC Info line but your right, it is hard. Not sure that this will help you but it definitely won't hurt. Here's the number for the Volunteer Office. 436-1265

DirtyJ78
04-12-2010, 14:56
I've had some luck at getting through on the BC Info line but your right, it is hard. Not sure that this will help you but it definitely won't hurt. Here's the number for the Volunteer Office. 436-1265
thanks I'll try it!

DirtyJ78
04-12-2010, 17:12
thanks I'll try it!

Well it's a good thing I didn't get a hold of them. Plans look like they are changing. At first wanted to go SOBO from Clingmans Dome to Fontana Dam, but Clingmans is closed until 5/28/10 and US 129 is also closed projected until July!!! That totally screws the shuttle from Knoxville side up. So now looks like we are going to shoot for NOBO from Newfound Gap to Davenport Gap. Hope to make it to Pecks shelter for the first night, then travel to Cosby Knob for a second night. Hoping to do this the 2/3 week on May (13-15) is the plan just got to see if we can get the reservations...wish us luck! and good weather:banana

sidebackside
04-12-2010, 17:18
Good Luck! I've done that section before, NFG to DPG. I really enjoyed it. It's about 35 miles, so you can do it 3 days. I suppose you could do it in less or more depending on how many miles a day you want to hike. There's a good possibility I'll be up that way in about 2wks. Anyway, best of luck with making your reservations. Enjoy your hike!

white_russian
04-12-2010, 17:44
I tried several times this past Friday and Saturday and got nowhere. Sunday morning I got in on the first call.

sidebackside
04-12-2010, 19:12
I tried several times this past Friday and Saturday and got nowhere. Sunday morning I got in on the first call.

That's about how it goes.

Ox97GaMe
04-12-2010, 20:00
I havent had much trouble getting in touch with them when I need to head to the woods. I will let them know that you have been having problems getting through.

I also know that they have been extremely busy answering questions for folks in regards to the road closings due to repaving and rock slides in the area. It has been a mess out there this spring. It should get a lot better after May 1.

chelko
04-13-2010, 16:24
A few weeks ago I was having a hard time getting through to the Reservation line and I called 865-436-1231. A ranger answered and I told him the line had been busy for hours, he said they were on the phone all day. I asked if he could have the reservations guy call me back. Five minutes later he called and i got my reservations.

Try that.

SGT Rock
04-13-2010, 16:27
I've had the same problems during this time of year.