PDA

View Full Version : Michigan's National Parks presentation

jrwiesz
04-13-2010, 07:39
Just a note of interest of an upcoming event. This is to be held at Grace A. Dow Memorial Library, Midland, Michigan.

Michigan’s National Parks: Jewels of the Great Lakes
Tuesday, April 20 7 PM in the Auditorium

Author Jim Dufresne provides a photographic journey of Michigan’s National Parks including Isle Royale, Sleeping Bear Dunes & Pictured Rocks.
Mr. DuFresne is a Michigan native and author of more than 20 wilderness, travel, and hiking guidebooks including Isle Royale National Park: Foot Trails and Water Routes and Backpacking in Michigan.

I am planning on attending. I hope to possibly meet some other Michigan WB members there? Google for map/directions.

Sheepdog, Lyle, Kerosene, Slosteppin, others?

I am planning another visit to the Isle this August/September. Anyone else interested? Perhaps if we meet at this presentation, we can make some plans for later this summer to visit the Isle.

See you all in Midland. :sun

ATsawyer
04-13-2010, 17:50
I too am a Michigan native, transplanted to Virginia. Though not a National Park, I hiked the Headlands last summer. Nice little day hike through some big mossy cedars with views of Big Mac:

http://landtrust.org/NaturePreserves/NewWebMap/preservemap.html

jrwiesz
04-15-2010, 23:48
Everybody out hiking? :sun

obscura
04-16-2010, 07:28
I'd be interested, but I live in Sault Ste. Marie and work until 6pm. Midland is nearly a 4 hour drive :(

sheepdog
04-20-2010, 22:02
Had to work today. Wish I could have made it.