PDA

View Full Version : MSR Base 2 pot set...

Yukon
04-15-2010, 15:11
Anyone have any experience with this set? I'm looking to go to a pot that has a lid that I don't have to use those pain in the butt clamp handles for. The MSR Base 2 pot set looks to be much easier to handle than what I have now, which is some GSI set, not sure of the model name. My concern with the MSR set is the vent on the lid. We tend to cook pasta sides a lot and with the set we have now we can boil the water, throw the pasta sides in, throw the lid on and let it sit and it will cook the pasta. I fear that with the vent, or "strainer lid" we won't be able to do this anymore, having to boil longer, thus using more fuel. Anyone got any advice?

Alligator
04-15-2010, 15:28
Use a cozy with the new pot if it is an issue. If that is too much, use a small piece of blue foam over the holes.

Alligator
04-15-2010, 15:31
That's a bit big and heavy set though, 17 ounces?

Yukon
04-15-2010, 15:32
That's a bit big and heavy set though, 17 ounces?

17 ounces is a lot? We would only be using the bigger of the two pots and the lid...

Alligator
04-15-2010, 15:39
17 ounces is a lot? We would only be using the bigger of the two pots and the lid...If you are just using one of the two that's different.

I have one similar to this setup. (http://www.antigravitygear.com/evernew-titanium-non-stick-1900ml-pot-set-eca419.html) You'd have two at 8.8oz and a 1.9l pot. Mine was part of a set (two pots and two fry pan lids), and is a little smaller and weighs 7.7 oz for the two pieces (pot fry pan). It depends on your cooking style.