PDA

View Full Version : Giving a dog a shave

drifters quest
04-15-2010, 23:24
The days have been warmer and my dog has a pretty good coat. When I get to Damascus (in about 5 days) I was considering finding someone to give my dog a bit of a shave to keep her cooler on the hot days. should I wait a little longer? Does anyone know of anywhere I can take her that could do the job around Damascus?

CrumbSnatcher
04-16-2010, 07:47
i use to have my dog shaved too on our long hikes, not to sure where around there? posibly abingdon va. I shaved her once in roanoke VA. back when i was planning hikes, i used to hear, carry your warm weather clothes til you get past the Mt. Rogers area/ VA. highlands. could get cold again, maybe? your dog might need that coat just a little longer? good luck in the search. have them trim the toenails good too, i know the rocks can wear them down, but why take a chance. its usually part of the cost of the shave,so no extra charge, and have them clean the ears out good too.

drifters quest
04-16-2010, 09:07
Thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for. I'll wait till after the highlands then and if anyone can refer me to someone I would be very grateful! we have had some unusually warm weather since I got out of the Smokies, but we are supposed to have some cooler weather this weekend.

K2
04-16-2010, 13:13
Be careful not to cut your dog's coat too short; dogs can get sunburned too. K2