PDA

View Full Version : REI 20% Member Coupon

rtfi
04-16-2010, 22:35
Just used my REI 20% off coupon on a new pair of boots and saved over $43! There is no way I could find these boots for that price locally, and the shipping was free. I stopped in the local REI store to get help on sizing, and the lady told me I could return them locally if it turns out I don't want the size I ordered. I know this sounds like a commercial, but I'm not associated with them in any way other than being a member for almost 40 years. (Man, I'm old.) You can join before Sunday and get the same coupon I just used.

Connie
04-16-2010, 22:40
Not only that, next month is the Anniversary Sale, April 22 or 23, and REI is having another 20% off sale.

Hikes with a stick
04-17-2010, 08:47
There will come a time when you walk into REI, and you can't find anything that you really want/need to buy. It happened to the wife and I last night. We went in and used our %20 off on a $30 REI flash pack. Didn't really need it, but we thought it might come in handy some day.

Is it sad that we feel compelled to buy something we don't need because we we can get a 20% savings on it?

double d
04-17-2010, 09:12
There will come a time when you walk into REI, and you can't find anything that you really want/need to buy. It happened to the wife and I last night. We went in and used our %20 off on a $30 REI flash pack. Didn't really need it, but we thought it might come in handy some day.

Is it sad that we feel compelled to buy something we don't need because we we can get a 20% savings on it?

Well....America is the world's largest consumer economy, just look at the size of Wal-Marts, Targets, etc., so having grown up in America, you are conditioned (like the rest of us) to shop and buy until you can't anymore and then you just use credit cards! But REI is a very good company, the best supplier of the outfitter industry in my opinion.

MelNino
04-17-2010, 09:48
Oh, REI, you are my catnip (well, REI and Newman's Own Ginger Sesame Dressing..)

I used my 20% and gift cards on stuff I could really use (not "need"), and got pants and some socks :) Then, alas, I went to the CT store, and bought stuff I really do not need, but have already gotten use out of.

Fun thing...use your REI credit card (yeah, they have me) at EMS. Always good for laughs....they always tease me.....good folks.

pattydivins
04-17-2010, 16:29
I just used my dividend and the discount to buy a Poncho/Packcover for free! Well, kin of. I am excited about it, can function as a multipurpose item (rain gear, shelter, tarp. etc..)

LIhikers
04-17-2010, 16:58
There will come a time when you walk into REI, and you can't find anything that you really want/need to buy.

That's what happened to me a couple of months ago, the first time I ever went into an REI. It was the new store in New Jersey and all I went out with was a pair of shoe laces, that I did need, and an REI membership. My wife found some clothes, at a deep discount, that she liked though.

TIDE-HSV
04-17-2010, 20:31

It's happened to me for a long time. Of course, my membership # is 270,xxx... :D

Egads
04-18-2010, 08:35
Today (Apr 18) is the last day the 20% off coupon is valid this year. Git-er-done

Jonnycat
04-18-2010, 08:49
There will come a time when you walk into REI, and you can't find anything that you really want/need to buy.

You know they sell socks, right?

double d
04-18-2010, 12:00
You know they sell socks, right?
And duct tape too!!!

K2
04-19-2010, 12:42
Got my Big Agnes insulated core with the discount. Looooove it! K2

Wise Old Owl
04-19-2010, 13:11

I am there already.:cool:

Alligator
04-19-2010, 13:18

Is it sad that we feel compelled to buy something we don't need because we we can get a 20% savings on it?Nice thing about REI is that they also sell cycling, canoeing, and fitness gear:sun.