PDA

View Full Version : Heading out now. Follow me and my dog at onahike.com

dsims
04-17-2010, 08:18
Hey all, I've been lurking on these forums for a while and I want to thank you for the wealth of information that I used to prepare for my thru-hike.

I'm headed to Springer *now* with my dog Kooper.
You can follow us at http://onahike.com

On a side note, I'm using my hike to raise money for a needy family. I presented it like a race where giving $1 equals hiking one mile. Looks like I have some catching up to do!

Hope to see some of you on the trail!

Blissful
04-17-2010, 08:31
Have a good hike! One day at a time.

kolokolo
04-17-2010, 08:35
Have a great hike. I'll be watching your website. Good luck!

Phreak
04-17-2010, 09:48
Enjoy your hike!

HikerMom58
04-17-2010, 10:54
Have a great hike!!

dsims
04-20-2010, 14:42
Thanks, doin great so far.
My dog Kooper is loving it too and has been well received by fellow hikers.

I'm using the laptop at Mtn Crossings @ Neels Gap to post this. Weather jst got kinda nasty. Thick fog, misty, light rain. Gonna psh on tho.
(this keyboard is missing the u key)

sidebackside
04-20-2010, 15:28
I'm using... Weather jst... Gonna psh...
(this keyboard is missing the u key)

Pretty sure it's not.:-?

Hope all is well on the trail!:)

Hikingsasquatch
04-20-2010, 18:18
Best regards to you both on your journey, and kudos for the altruism.

Loneoak
04-20-2010, 23:13
Has anyone read todays journal for this guy. I see 9in his journal) where a bear has been shot, I believe on Blood Mt.

Just overheard a trail runner (guy that walks along the trail picking up trash and checking shelters) say that the bear on Blood Mtn was shot and killed. He and the employees here seemed really bummed about it. The bears mean no harm, they just want the food bags. I think the proper procedure is to capture the bear and move him elsewhere.

dragoro
04-23-2010, 14:39
I met dsims on the trail a couple days ago. Great Guy and a beautiful dog.

dragoro
04-23-2010, 14:43
A
Has anyone read todays journal for this guy. I see 9in his journal) where a bear has been shot, I believe on Blood Mt.

Just overheard a trail runner (guy that walks along the trail picking up trash and checking shelters) say that the bear on Blood Mtn was shot and killed. He and the employees here seemed really bummed about it. The bears mean no harm, they just want the food bags. I think the proper procedure is to capture the bear and move him elsewhere.

That's just a rumor. A guy shot a 22 but he didn't hit the bear. I was at Neal's gap and watched that rumor get started. The blood is at the entrance to the shelter and the bear never got close to the shelter.

dsims
05-14-2010, 17:16
I'm at Trail Days with my dog Kooper (red Vizsla). Sey hey if you see us. Headed back to the trail tomorrow afternoon (I'm about a day before Erwin, TN).