PDA

View Full Version : Drop in Hanover

10-K
04-18-2010, 20:05
I'm going to be using esbit to cook with and I'm going to need to restock in Hanover.

Is there someplace in Hanover better than the PO to send a mail drop?

Tinker
04-18-2010, 22:48
PM Baltimore Jack. He lives in Hanover (though he travels quite a bit). He has also taken in hikers in the past.

Jack Tarlin
04-27-2010, 14:55
Baltimore Jack may well not be in town when you pass thru so don't count on it.

What's wrong with the Post Office anyway? It's right on the Trail, you can't miss it.

(There are a couple of outdoor stores in town; Hanover Outdoors may hold parcels, but I'd call them first to be sure).

10-K
04-27-2010, 15:42
Baltimore Jack may well not be in town when you pass thru so don't count on it.

What's wrong with the Post Office anyway? It's right on the Trail, you can't miss it.

(There are a couple of outdoor stores in town; Hanover Outdoors may hold parcels, but I'd call them first to be sure).

I called the outfitter. I'd rather use them than the PO... be my luck I hit town Saturday 10 minutes after the PO closed......

Nean
04-27-2010, 15:45
I called the outfitter. I'd rather use them than the PO... be my luck I hit town Saturday 10 minutes after the PO closed......

OR, you could skip the drop and hit Jacks most favorite store on the ENTIRE AT- also, right on the trail...:D

1azarus
04-27-2010, 16:42
i'm not sure, but if you can buy esbit in town, the food coop is an absolutely spectacular place to resupply food -- bulk goodies for sale which you can load into plastic bags in any quantity you want, and all sorts of exotic goodies as well as staples. you might be better off just buying what you actually need in Hanover and skipping the drop altogether.

10-K
04-27-2010, 16:59
i'm not sure, but if you can buy esbit in town, the food coop is an absolutely spectacular place to resupply food -- bulk goodies for sale which you can load into plastic bags in any quantity you want, and all sorts of exotic goodies as well as staples. you might be better off just buying what you actually need in Hanover and skipping the drop altogether.

My friend, one of the things I like best about WB is the diversity of opinions... :)

Nean
04-28-2010, 12:17

Even a specialized diet could be resupplied at the co-op. I too think its a great place... and ask Jack about it if you have the chance.:D:D