PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle from BWI to Harpers Ferry

stephen
04-20-2010, 00:19
I am flying from Austin, Tx on 4/29 and arrive at Baltimore International on Southwest flight 1915 at noon. Trying to get a quick ride out to Harpers Ferry to meet my son who is thru hiking. His name is Stiltz. Any ideas? Stephen

singing wind
04-20-2010, 00:47
Funny thing - I was looking at this earlier today, getting out of D.C. to Harpers Ferry but noticed some options from BWI.

Try checking out the MARC web site: www.maryland.gov/services/marc (http://www.maryland.gov/services/marc)
- looks like they connect from BWI to D.C. and then you can take the Brunswick line from D.C. to H.F.

Amtrak?? - haven't been able to get their web site to load but may be worth a look

Another option may be the Valley Connector - oops I'm on a public computer and out of time and gotta go.

Hope this helps and good luck!

singing wind
04-20-2010, 00:47
p.s. Union Station - METRO D.C. is where Amtrak connects.

dovecote
04-21-2010, 14:56
The quickest way to get to your destination is to rent a car at BWI. If you want to use mass transit buy an Amtrak ticket from BWI Rail station (free shuttle from the airport to the rail station) to Harpers Ferry. You will have to transfer in Washington and you will arrive in Harpers Ferry around 5:15 PM. You could also take the MARC commuter train if you are traveling during the week but you will not arrive in Harpers Ferry until 6:10 PM if the train is on time.

horicon
04-23-2010, 12:43
Take Amtrak from BWI to Union Station. There are servail the make the conection.

There is one (1) Train that goes from Union Station to Hapers Ferry. Late Afternoon.

stephen
04-27-2010, 23:45
Thanks! Taking Amtrak. $21!