PDA

View Full Version : Bear Near Max Patch area

Frog
04-21-2010, 18:38
Has anyone heard any reports of a bear near the section from Max Patch to Hot Springs this year. I know last year there was a pesky one coming into camp and trying to steal food.

The_Saint
04-21-2010, 18:46
My friends and I lost our food to that dumbass bear last year. We hung it up on the brand new bear cables and it still got the food. It isn't scared of people at all and attacked one of our tents. That bear needs to be shot before it mauls somebody.

Frog
04-21-2010, 18:54
I have read in some journals that one was over in the northern end of the smokies and thought that maybe it had left the max patch area and moved back into the smokies.

TIDE-HSV
04-21-2010, 19:55
There have always been bad actors (and actresses) in the NE end of the GSMNP. However, there are now so many more bears, I doubt that it's ranging that far. Their territories already overlap, and that tends to cut down on how far they can range without running into the furious territory owner. And no boar wants to tangle with an angry sow with cubs...

JJJ
04-21-2010, 21:03
..... lost our food to that dumbass bear last year. We hung it up on the brand new bear cables and it still got the food.......
:D
I sense a contradiction here.

fredmugs
04-22-2010, 07:34
:D
I sense a contradiction here.

Sounds Dumb Bassackward to me. :-?:-?:-?