PDA

View Full Version : custom sizing on sleeping bag?

colgado
10-19-2004, 01:21
I'm in need of a sleeping bag but can't buy any right now because none fit me. I'm an oddity on sizing and not the slimmest of men. I can fit in regular length bags but girth wise I'm pretty big. Let's just say zipping up the bag is a no-can-do. :( With that said, are there any makers that will customize a lightweight bag with your measurements? This would make life much easier.

verber
10-19-2004, 02:36
nunatakusa.com does custom bags. Downworks in Santa Cruz 831-423-9078 also does a nice job with custom bags. You might also want to check out premade bags by BigAgnes since they are making bags with more girth than most mass produced bags.

colgado
10-19-2004, 08:30
nunatakusa.com does custom bags. Downworks in Santa Cruz 831-423-9078 also does a nice job with custom bags. You might also want to check out premade bags by BigAgnes since they are making bags with more girth than most mass produced bags.
Thanks for the link verber. I really like the Akula half bag. That would give me enough upper body space. Using a jacket to keep my upper body warm is a nice idea I never thought about. I'll look more into the items. :clap

ndwoods
10-23-2004, 15:18
No experience with Nunatuk, but I can vouch for Downworks. They have done several custom bags and draft collars etc over the years for me. Very nice folks to deal with! dee

U-BOLT
10-23-2004, 17:29
Just watch out for roach eggs that can get dropped into the down during the customizing process. More than feathers can come out those bags.