PDA

View Full Version : What can I do???

sidebackside
04-24-2010, 23:03
I met a guy on a weekend trip to the Smokies who said you could put your sleeping bag in the dryer with some tennis balls to get it to "fluff" up. I've got a Eddie Bauer mummy bag I've been using for the past couple of years. I've noticed it's gotten flat (not as fluffy). Is there anything I can do? Any tricks of the trade? Truth be told, it's time to invest in a newer/better one. But untill then what can I do?

ChrisFol
04-24-2010, 23:09
I met a guy on a weekend trip to the Smokies who said you could put your sleeping bag in the dryer with some tennis balls to get it to "fluff" up. I've got a Eddie Bauer mummy bag I've been using for the past couple of years. I've noticed it's gotten flat (not as fluffy). Is there anything I can do? Any tricks of the trade? Truth be told, it's time to invest in a newer/better one. But untill then what can I do?

Not familer with EB bags-- down or synthetic?

Wise Old Owl
04-24-2010, 23:11
This has a lot to do with storage and usage, if the bag was stored in the stuff bag it came with and not on a closet hook or in my case a basement couch... The bag is done...a No heat tumble with balls won't help it. Fyi just like "London Fog" Eddie didn't make it, its a marketing name.

You got some use out of it, when it gets too cold retire it and/or donate to scouting.

Now that you know more and enjoy Backpacking, time to save up for a Christmas present for a better one.

sidebackside
04-24-2010, 23:22
Not familer with EB bags-- down or synthetic?

It's down.

You got some use out of it, when it gets too cold retire it and/or donate to scouting.

Now that you know more and enjoy Backpacking, time to save up for a Christmas present for a better one.

I think you're right WOW. Plus, I have to admit...for example: several times after a few days out, when I returned home I would just throw it in the closet. To spare you of many other examples, bottom line is...I just didn't really take that good of care of it when I wasn't using it.

Franco
04-25-2010, 02:50
If it is a down bag there is a pretty good chance that a wash will do wonders to it.
give it a try. Loads of info here (somewhere) about washing down bags.
Franco

Wise Old Owl
04-25-2010, 13:14
It's down.

I think you're right WOW. Plus, I have to admit...for example: several times after a few days out, when I returned home I would just throw it in the closet. To spare you of many other examples, bottom line is...I just didn't really take that good of care of it when I wasn't using it.

I love the confirmation, but it's from experience I wrote that. I will never ever buy from SlumberJack again because I had a simmilar situation and called Customer Service for help and got nowhere.