PDA

View Full Version : Hiking in Colorado

David@whiteblaze
04-26-2010, 20:56
My dad is taking a business trip to Denver and he wants to spend up to a week backpacking in the area. He doesn't have a lot of experience, and 10 miles a day would be about where he wouldn't like to be doing any more mileage unless it's some petty harsh terrain. He said he likeed Buena Vista though. Can anyone tell me a good 2-7 day easy, rewarding trail for July hiking within 2-3 hours of Denver?

Mags
04-26-2010, 21:18
Ask and you shall receive..

(My website went through a MAJOR upgrade that is still not 100% done yet. Some of the links are broken..and not all is easily found in menus. ALL the content is still there, though)

http://www.pmags.com/joomla1516/index.php/ramblings/20-backpacking-and-hiking-documents/110-backpacking-loops-in-colorado

Erin
04-26-2010, 21:48
Mags link just went into my favorites. I have done part of the Maroon Bells area. We went in at Gothic, outside of Crested Butte. It was in July and it was beautiful. I think the elevation at the one Maroon pass near Crater Lake is 11,00 feet. It was in 1993 and we had a snowball fight at some point on the trail. The elevation was hard and I was younger and in good shape. Beautiful though. Mu first backpack trip and I was hooked.

David@whiteblaze
04-26-2010, 22:01
...For everyone that asks it will be answered to him... You have not because you ask not...
Now I have my answer. thanks Mags.