PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot sightings

Heavy G
04-26-2010, 23:39
Ok, I just got done watching numerous programs on sasquatch/bigfoot on the History Channel. Although I think there is a lot more going on in the remote forests of the world. I have to think that if such creatures existed, we would have more tangible evidence, pics, remains, ect.. So since we all spend a lot of time in those remote areas, I figured I'd pose this to the
Whiteblaze community. There is some degree of hesitation, but humorous curiosity, that I pose this. So feel free to take it serious or make us all laugh with a response.. Here we go!

Tin Man
04-26-2010, 23:49
I took this shot of bigfoot asking ronald, 'billions of what served'?

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/BigfootRonaldsm.jpg

Father Dragon
04-27-2010, 00:00
It was a few years ago when I was hiking in the sweltering heat of August, in the wild woods of Tennessee. After many long hours of climb and decent, over difficult terrain I arrived at a shelter totally exhausted but it was still a few hours before sunset. I decided that as I was the only one at the shelter that I would just go ahead and go to sleep. Later I awoke in the pitch black of night to the most horrid of smells that I have ever inhaled. Terrified I flicked on my light and looked around. Next to me was the grimiest, smelliest, biggest foot I have ever seen. Ever since then I always make sure to stay awake long enough to ensure that no one falls asleep next to me with their feet in my face.

Gray Blazer
04-27-2010, 07:21
I didn't believe in Big Foot. My report can be found on this site and BFRO's. While walking on the FT late one afternoon, I started back the way I had come and came upon the hugest Human looking footprints I have ever seen. I still kick myself for not getting a pic (I always keep my camera in my front pocket) but I was naturally freaked out, the foot prints being very fresh and deep.

I take my dog with me now when I go hiking alone.

Old Grouse
04-27-2010, 07:28
Lots of sightings in the Pawling area.

sasquatch2014
04-27-2010, 07:50
Oh sure now here come the paparazzi.:D

Lilred
04-27-2010, 09:13
The arguement that since we never find remains, it doesn't exist, doesn't wash. In all your hikings, has anyone ever come across a bear carcass???
A deer carcass??

Spokes
04-27-2010, 09:26
Didn't we have a recent thread titled-

"What happens when you put a lawyer, an ivy grad, Big Foot, and a city chick on the AT"?

h. hastings
04-27-2010, 09:58
The arguement that since we never find remains, it doesn't exist, doesn't wash. In all your hikings, has anyone ever come across a bear carcass???
A deer carcass??

I come across deer carcasses all the time. No bear carcasses yet but seen plenty of scat, tracks and other sign. And just because I haven't found a bear carcass, there are plenty of other people who can and have produced physical proof of a bear's existence.

I think the point was with all the "sightings" over the years you'd think there would be more physical evidence to lend credence the existence of bigfoot.

scope
04-27-2010, 10:11
Doesn't exist until its found. Stories are just stories until its found. I like to watch River Monsters which goes a long way towards explaining some of the big fish myths that exist. Known animals in certain conditions don't look or act like we know them to be. I have to believe that something like "Bigfoot" (and hosts of similar mythical creatures) should have been found by now, but, never say never. There is plenty that we don't know, but I think that we mostly know what is out there, we just don't know everything about what is out there.

Gray Blazer
04-27-2010, 10:50
I think the point was with all the "sightings" over the years you'd think there would be more physical evidence to lend credence the existence of bigfoot.

You would think so. Man, like I said, I wish I had stopped and taken a pic of the many deep prints in the sandy jeep road. They were really clear, too, cuz it had rained the day before and I had seen no tracks of any kind on the way in and the only tracks I saw on the way back, besides Big Footprints, were mine.

The BFRO guys believe it and have taken many casts of footprints. They estimate there are between 2000 to 5000 Big Foots.The interesting thing about my report on there is the admission of a guy who lives kinda close to there and he told them he was the Bardin Booger. He had an old fur coat that was his grandmothers and an ape mask. He said he would stand around his friends get-togethers or stand by the road if he knew someone who was coming.

I heard another report from a local son of a well known FL cowboy. He said that a cowboy had Big Foot type stilts and he would walk on them around cowboys who were passed out drunk way back in the scrub.

As far as my encounter, I don't know why someone would wait all day for someone to pass (The FT has about one hiker a month around here) and then put fake footprints down. I guess it's possible.

My son and I came up with a theory that Big Foot (possibly neanderthal or missing link if you will) developed alongside of man but learned to hide and LNT if you will as man became really good at hunting.

I know this is one of my longest post ever and I myself never read more than a 2 line post, but I have a lot to say on the subject.

BTW, Chief Duffy and his friends and Rocket and Grinder and I had a Big Foot Vigil in the Bardin Booger Woods back in Jan. Grinder saw some Otter playing in Etoniah Creek, but no Big Foot sightings this time.

Jonnycat
04-27-2010, 10:54
Spend enough time in the PNW and you can't help but run into them from time to time. We take a "let them be" approach, and make funny grins at the "researchers" who come up empty handed whenever they mount an "expedition".

Adayak
04-27-2010, 10:56
I believe there is still a lot out there we don't know, especially in the oceans... but to have some 10 ft tall bigfoot walking around all over the country is a little too far fetched to me. We have skeletal bones of thousands and thousands of species of animals (extinct and living) yet how come in hundreds of years humans have never found skeletal remains of bigfoot? All we have are big feet impressions in the ground.

Besides, I thought bigfoot lived in the Pacific Northwest.

Fiddleback
04-27-2010, 11:01
I've not given much creedence to such stories but I admit they hold my interest. What also fascinates me is how, as the stories spread, the creature itself seems to emigrate. From the clearwater of the Northwest and now to the opposite corner in the Southeast, the Big Foot seems to be experiencing a revival.

So...as part of the story, i.e., does Big Foot exist, are we now facing the question, has/have it/they colonized most of the U.S..? Are we all going to be lookin' out our back door to see 'something' running through the jungle?

FB;)

Gray Blazer
04-27-2010, 11:12
Read some reports on BFRO.

McPick
04-27-2010, 11:40
The argument that since we never find remains, it doesn't exist, doesn't wash. In all your hikings, has anyone ever come across a bear carcass???
A deer carcass??

Ms Red... While hiking the CT last fall, I took a wrong turn (oops) and spent the better part of the next day climbing a very rugged trail (reminded me more of the AT than any other part of the CT) which intersected other trails that eventually led me to CT again. That rugged trail followed a beautiful, pristine, cascading stream. The trail crossed the stream several times.

Near the top of the mountain, and at one of the trail crossings there was a badly deteriorated elk carcass right in the stream. These animals are about the size of a horse. It was not beautiful or pristine.

This discussion could easily become one about the need to filter/purify drinking water, but that would digress from the topic.

Incidental, I did not see any signs of Big Foot... Only Big Hoofs, still attached to the leg bones, still attached to the hip bones, sticking up in the air.

Lilred
04-27-2010, 12:46
Maybe Bigfoot bury their dead? then have a huge party with kegs and pretzels.....oh, and naked bigfoots, of course....

ardeaitch
04-27-2010, 14:43
I found him! And there's pictures too! From www.lnt.org:

THE LEAVE NO TRACE BIGFOOT CHALLENGE

The elusive Bigfoot leaves no trace of his passing through the wild. Bigfoot’s back and wants you to take his challenge. From teaching a kid the importance of not feeding wildlife to picking up trash on the trail, Bigfoot is asking you to complete and report a single Leave No Trace challenge from the list below.
It’s easy. Just choose from the challenges below which rotate every month and you’ll have the opportunity to win great outdoor gear prizes every time you participate. Double your chances of winning by capturing your Bigfoot Challenge in a photo or story and sending it to: [email protected].
The Bigfoot Challenge’s goal is to encourage simple acts of environmental activism and teach Leave No Trace principles. By taking the challenge, you are not only joining a nationwide conservation movement, you are also Leaving No Trace where it matters most — the places you play.
LEAVE NO TRACE: BIGFOOT'S BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS!

Pedaling Fool
04-27-2010, 17:21
Ok, I just got done watching numerous programs on sasquatch/bigfoot on the History Channel...
I think I've watched all those bigfoot shows on the History/Discovery/National Geo. channels.

It's easy to just say "No" to BF, because of all the common reasons already listed in various posts. And I can't really argue those points, they are hard to refute.

However, I also find it difficult to dismiss some of the evidence, so I'm kind of on the fence about this issue. I find it particularly interesting that recent analysis of the Patterson film shows very detailed muscle movement in the subject, including muscle movement in the face.

The problem with this issue is that it attracts many idiots running around in cammies.

gregp
04-27-2010, 17:55
I hope I never run into a bigfoot on the trail. I believe that might end my hiking career. :-?

Jeez, it's bad enough to think about a bear outside your tent... :eek:

Father Dragon
04-28-2010, 02:51
A deer carcass??

Yes

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_8e94475230cf4de488d6800c264f72ee.jpg

Father Dragon
04-28-2010, 02:57
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45979&highlight=dead+bear

Same bear that was reported in the linked thread I believe.

Adayak
04-28-2010, 10:09
How come anyone snaps a picture or video of Bigfoot it's always grainy or the camera is shaking so hard you can't get a good view of it?

Alligator
04-28-2010, 10:17
How come anyone snaps a picture or video of Bigfoot it's always grainy or the camera is shaking so hard you can't get a good view of it?Because hikers know that Bigfeet like Snickers.

Heavy G
04-28-2010, 10:49
Bigfoot hate snickers, they love butterfinger and beef jerky.

Just like tigers love pepper, they hat cinnamon.

Gray Blazer
04-28-2010, 11:37
They like chocolate bars and they like to stand outside your window and watch your TV.

Fiddleback
04-28-2010, 12:16
And swamp rock by the Fogerty brothers...

FB

Monkeyboy
04-28-2010, 14:43
What do you mean Bigfoot doesn't exist???

http://www.ccgm.co.uk/4x4-bigfoot-5.jpg

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 15:02
How come anyone snaps a picture or video of Bigfoot it's always grainy or the camera is shaking so hard you can't get a good view of it?

Have you ever heard of adrenline rush?? Im sorry to bust this post, but if you see something like that, I dont think you will be all that calm either..

Graywolf

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 15:10
Even if someone did bring in a carcass or a live capture, (whos to say they havnt), the media and scientific communtiy would be all over it asking for more proof, before it is released to the general public. Once our society gets comfortable with their beliefs, they cannot go back.

Ok some of you say you do not in no way believe in Bigfoot..Ok, there you have it, Once it is found, you will still claim you do not believe so the proof will not be enough..You will still want more evidence.

Oh, by the way, the Washington Dept of Wildlife does claim the existanece of Sasquatch..It is listed in there endangered species list and they even have a law saying if one is shot, it is considered 3rd degree murder..So there you have it..

I have also seen in the U.S. Department of the Interior that unless a Mountain Lion carcass is found and brought in, that Mountain Lions do not exist..Even though we have them roaming our mountains as well..

Dosnt matter how much evidence there is, Bigfoot could never be provin..

Period..

But for me, leave the little guy alone..He loves his wilderness..

Graywolf

Monkeyboy
04-28-2010, 15:47
Yes

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_8e94475230cf4de488d6800c264f72ee.jpg

Looks like he died because someone built a step on his head.

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 16:10
Looks like he died because someone built a step on his head.

No, He walked up and smelt all the bare feet...Cheeze, that would kill me too..

TD55
04-28-2010, 16:33
Bigfoots learned long ago how to disguise themselves and only come out at night. Only their horrible smell gave them away. That is why they always dress up like long distance hikers. Only the drunk ones come out in the daytime or without their hiker disguises.

Rick500
04-28-2010, 16:38
lookin' out our back door to see 'something' running through the jungle?

FB;)

Wow, two Creedence lyrics in one sentence! :sun

General Fireball
04-28-2010, 17:25
A deer carcass??

I have come across both. Lots and lots of deer carcasses, and one bear skull.

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 17:55
A deer carcass??

OK, Now we are talking a bout an intelligent animal, not a bear or a deer, so let me rephrase this,

How many human remains have you come across in all your hiking??

Pedaling Fool
04-28-2010, 17:58
Didn't Jack come across one in Pennsylvania:D

10-K
04-28-2010, 18:01
OK, Now we are talking a bout an intelligent animal, not a bear or a deer, so let me rephrase this,

Actually, they've recovered skeletal remains of people around here a few times in the last year alone.

Personally, the reason we don't see BF is because they're so good at hiding after they make crop circles.

Pedaling Fool
04-28-2010, 18:04

On a serious note it has happened, here's one account http://www.traditionalmountaineering.org/Report_Lost_TwoHikers.htm

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 18:06
Actually, they've recovered skeletal remains of people around here a few times in the last year alone.

Personally, the reason we don't see BF is because they're so good at hiding after they make crop circles.

Best post yet....

Graywolf

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 18:11
Another serious note:

Several years ago I was on an outing with the Texas Bigfoot Research Center, (now, Conservancy). We did an experiment on a somewhat busy trail to see just how many hikers would see us..Soooo., we got off the trail then each one of us stood close to a tree, not leaning up against, but just next to the tree, still and quiet..But within easy site of every hiker who passed by..Yes, two of us were wearing gorilla outfits just to see what would happen..

Not one single hiker saw any of us..(we know this because we had someone at the end of the trail asking the hikers if they saw anyone).Now we understand how Bigfoot gets away with stealth...They are pretty smart..

Graywolf

Pedaling Fool
04-28-2010, 18:25
Another serious note:

Several years ago I was on an outing with the Texas Bigfoot Research Center, (now, Conservancy). We did an experiment on a somewhat busy trail to see just how many hikers would see us..Soooo., we got off the trail then each one of us stood close to a tree, not leaning up against, but just next to the tree, still and quiet..But within easy site of every hiker who passed by..Yes, two of us were wearing gorilla outfits just to see what would happen..

Not one single hiker saw any of us..(we know this because we had someone at the end of the trail asking the hikers if they saw anyone).Now we understand how Bigfoot gets away with stealth...They are pretty smart..

Graywolf
That doesn't prove a thing. This is assuming a bigfoot exists and he has the intelligence to hide. Too much speculation.

Like I said before I'm not against the idea of a bigfoot creature, but rather see a discussion not based too much on speculation.

Plenty of interesting info http://www.isu.edu/~meldd/fxnlmorph.html

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 18:28
That doesn't prove a thing. This is assuming a bigfoot exists and he has the intelligence to hide. Too much speculation.

Like I said before I'm not against the idea of a bigfoot creature, but rather see a discussion not based too much on speculation.

It was just an experiment to just what would happen..But then, its all speculation..I speculate I am going hiking in August.. Its just a speculation but I do proceed it to be true, for now..Remember, it's only speculation..

Graywolf

DAJA
04-28-2010, 18:30
Hell, our entire economy is based on speculation... At least speculating on Bigfoot doesn't harm us...

Pedaling Fool
04-28-2010, 18:37

I didn't say "no speculation", I just said "too much..." We all have to speculate and even assume at times, but there's also a lot of interesting evidence out there that can be reviewed.

Tin Man
04-28-2010, 18:46

Yep, pretty smart of them. They must figure people will be more interested in chasing crop circling aliens and less interested in following their big foot prints. Come to think of it, betcha big foot also invented the lock ness monster . . .

Heavy G
04-28-2010, 19:16
10-k's post is by far the best.

"Personally, the reason we don't see BF is because they're so good at hiding after they make crop circles."

Thats great!

Roche
04-28-2010, 21:14
Wow, two Creedence lyrics in one sentence! :sunBigFoot only comes out when there's a bad moon arising to go to the bathroom on the right.:sun

Graywolf
04-28-2010, 21:53
10-k's post is by far the best.

"Personally, the reason we don't see BF is because they're so good at hiding after they make crop circles."

Thats great!

I agreed but I guess that part was missed.Must have been speculation..

Actually the reason I left TBRC is because IT WAS getting into areas that were fantistical..i.e. "Bigfoot is from Mars"..That was a joke..Thats why I liked the crop circle post..That had me laughing...

Graywolf

10-K
04-29-2010, 05:25
There was also a rumor that Bigfeet built Stonehenge... :)

Gray Blazer
04-29-2010, 07:25
BigFoot only comes out when there's a bad moon arising to go to the bathroom on the right.:sun

You could be centerfield.

The Big Foot that my two sons saw at Buck Lake on the FT was just standing there watching them.

nox
04-29-2010, 10:05
yet another grainy, night time, shot of sasquatch... http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=39242&c=member&imageuser=13750

Fiddleback
04-29-2010, 10:16
Wow, two Creedence lyrics in one sentence! :sun

I've not given much creedence to such stories but I admit they hold my interest. What also fascinates me is how, as the stories spread, the creature itself seems to emigrate. From the clearwater of the Northwest and now to the opposite corner in the Southeast, the Big Foot seems to be experiencing a revival.

So...as part of the story, i.e., does Big Foot exist, are we now facing the question, has/have it/they colonized most of the U.S..? Are we all going to be lookin' out our back door to see 'something' running through the jungle?

FB;)

.........:rolleyes:

Gray Blazer
04-29-2010, 10:22
.........:rolleyes:

I think I get it ... DOH!!

Lilred
04-29-2010, 10:45
Oh, by the way, the Washington Dept of Wildlife does claim the existanece of Sasquatch..It is listed in there endangered species list and they even have a law saying if one is shot, it is considered 3rd degree murder..So there you have it..

Graywolf

Got a link? Cause I was just on that site and couldn't find a listing for sasquatch anywhere.

zelph
04-29-2010, 11:26
Something more to speculate on:)

Cain, son of Adam committed the unpardonable sin of murder. A mark was placed upon him so that all will know him/identify him. We learn from the Free Masons that the "mark' was that his skin color was to be black/dark and that he was to become a wanderer and a vagabond.(speculate here that he may have been covered with hair as is Bigfoot) I have not been able to find anywhere that Cain died. Was part of his "mark" to remain alive and wander the earth in misery. North American archeology shows that skeletal remains of some ancient inhabitants were very tall (7 feet). Cain could be of the linage of ancient peoples that archeologists find remains of. Is it possible that Cain is still alive and is wandering in the woodlands.......yes.......he survived the flood, maybe became a stowaway on the Arc:) we have to speculate here how he survived (divine intervention?). He's been walking the earth in misery. Because he is the Father of Perdition, his purpose is not to hurt us physically but mentally influence us.

There is a story that floats around on the internet about Cain appearing to a guy on a mule back in the 1800's The guy on the mule relates that this creature that came along side of him had dark skin, covered with hair and his head came level to the guys shoulder. The creature identified himself as Cain and was not able to end his life and was to wander the earth in misery. His purpose was to cause men to do evil.The guy on the mule dispatched the creature verbally. .....That's a short version of the story.;)

That's something to think about when you see a hairy,dark skinned creature known as Bigfoot wandering around the hills of the AT or in any other part of the country.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Gray Blazer
04-29-2010, 12:00
That's very interesting, Zelph. Glad you were Able to come up with that. Keep on chooglin' back to Green River and Susie Q.

Graywolf
04-29-2010, 12:31
Got a link? Cause I was just on that site and couldn't find a listing for sasquatch anywhere.

The Washington Enviromental Atlas 1975, Army Corps of Engineers..

Just google it..You will get several sites..

Graywolf

Graywolf
04-29-2010, 13:01
I didn't say "no speculation", I just said "too much..." We all have to speculate and even assume at times, but there's also a lot of interesting evidence out there that can be reviewed.

Thats true John,, and the evidence, to me is interesting, but there are also a lot of spoofs out there too.. You just have to weed them out..

Graywolf
04-29-2010, 13:17

Here is another link:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/forums/hunting/big-game-hunting/can-you-hunt-big-game-such-big-footis-there-season

Graywolf

Gray Blazer
04-29-2010, 14:04
How do you link to a website? I'd like to link some BFRO to this here thread.

Adayak
04-29-2010, 16:02
How do you link to a website? I'd like to link some BFRO to this here thread.

Use that little "insert link" icon when posting a reply or creating a new thread. It looks like a globe.

Graywolf
04-29-2010, 16:22
http://www.bfro.net

vonfrick
04-29-2010, 17:14
Another serious note:

Graywolf

don't think he'd need to hide so much...if you look at some of the research done on cognition http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3322642/Did-you-see-the-gorilla.html

i mean, how many trail intersections have you walked right by cause you were lookin' at your feet...hell, kanga walked at least 2 miles uphill in the wrong direction recently iirc ;)

zelph
04-29-2010, 17:52
I was able to locate this:

from Lycurgus A. Wilson's book on the life of David W. Patten. From the book I quote an extract from a letter by Abraham O. Smoot giving his recollection of David Patten's account of meeting "a very remarkable person who had represented himself as being Cain."
As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange personage walking beside me…. His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight….*

We can do more speculating:-?

When you're out there on the trail you can do some deep :-?

Graywolf
04-29-2010, 17:55

from Lycurgus A. Wilson's book on the life of David W. Patten. From the book I quote an extract from a letter by Abraham O. Smoot giving his recollection of David Patten's account of meeting "a very remarkable person who had represented himself as being Cain."
As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange personage walking beside me…. His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight….*

Oh, YES, Zelph, the Trail can diffinitely give you some time to speculate..

:-?

Graywolf

Pedaling Fool
04-29-2010, 18:06
don't think he'd need to hide so much...if you look at some of the research done on cognition http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3322642/Did-you-see-the-gorilla.html

i mean, how many trail intersections have you walked right by cause you were lookin' at your feet...hell, kanga walked at least 2 miles uphill in the wrong direction recently iirc ;)
Thanks for that link, it makes me feel a little better. I think I may be a contender for the most times losing the trail -- I constantly wander off the trail... I've actually got lost in SNP a couple times.:o

kanga
04-29-2010, 19:16

you shut the hell up!

vonfrick
04-29-2010, 19:26
you shut the hell up!

yes ma'am :o

woodsy
04-29-2010, 19:40
Logging outfit just north of Monson Maine has been reporting seeing some strange Ape like critter darting through the roads early mornings before daybreak last few weeks.

vonfrick
04-29-2010, 19:44
Logging outfit just north of Monson Maine has been reporting seeing some strange Ape like critter darting through the roads early mornings before daybreak last few weeks.

that's just warrghy :)

woodsy
04-29-2010, 20:28
that's just warrghy :)

Whatever it is I hope it don't like the smell of fresh baked sourdough bread cause I'm gonna be carrying a loaf of it in my pack up there this weekend. :eek:

vonfrick
04-29-2010, 20:30
Whatever it is I hope it don't like the smell of fresh baked sourdough bread cause I'm gonna be carrying a loaf of it in my pack up there this weekend. :eek:

i also hope it doesn't like beer :sun

woodsy
04-29-2010, 20:38
i also hope it doesn't like beer :sun
I can see BFRO's next week report now:

Drunken sourdoughs stave off Bigfoot attack In the wilds of Maine

Dances with Mice
04-29-2010, 22:27
Another serious note:

Several years ago I was on an outing with the Texas Bigfoot Research Center, (now, Conservancy). We did an experiment on a somewhat busy trail to see just how many hikers would see us.Silly. There's no Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) in Texas.

If there were there'd be a hunting season for them.

Graywolf
04-29-2010, 22:31
Silly. There's no Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) in Texas.

If there were there'd be a hunting season for them.

Texas has had bigfoot sightings here for a long time..Ever hear of Legend of Boggy Creek? or Creature from Black Lake..Black Lake is the Lousianna side of Caddo Lake where a lot has happened..Also look at the website..Oh yes, there here..They are considered a little shorter then the NorthWestern counterparts, but oh, yes, they are here...Read the reports..

Graywolf

Dances with Mice
04-29-2010, 22:34
Texas has had bigfoot sightings here for a long time..Oh. So what's the bag limit?

Jester2000
04-29-2010, 23:50

I have also seen in the U.S. Department of the Interior that unless a Mountain Lion carcass is found and brought in, that Mountain Lions do not exist..Even though we have them roaming our mountains as well..

Dosnt matter how much evidence there is, Bigfoot could never be provin..

Period..

Graywolf

Actually, what Interior doubts the existence of is an existing historic population of Eastern Mountain Lions. So far the ones that have been found have been DNA typed to South American Mountain Lions, suggesting that they may have been pets.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife in no way, shape, or form recognizes the existence of Sasquatch, and it's certainly not in any category within their Species of Concern.

Here's what Rolf Johnson of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife tells people who call to report Sasquatch sightings:

"I just tell them the Department of Fish and Wildlife has no jurisdiction," Johnson said. "It's not classified as wildlife in this state."

The Washington Enviromental Atlas 1975, Army Corps of Engineers..

Just google it..You will get several sites..

Graywolf

Here is another link:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/forums/hunting/big-game-hunting/can-you-hunt-big-game-such-big-footis-there-season

Graywolf

So the answer, Red, is that he doesn't have a link to an official site saying so. 'Cause there isn't one. Period.

Father Dragon
04-30-2010, 00:02
Okay so I was doing a little google on what big foot researchers do, and apparently one tactic they use to try and locate big foot is to blast play- backs of audio form alleged big foot recordings. So of course I naturally wondered just what these recordings sounded like.

So go here and listen to this one http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/sounds/ORBF_OH_howl_94.mp3 and this one http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/sounds/ORBF_sierragrowl.mp3 and just imagine hearing something like that blaring through the woods at night while you are trying to sleep alone in your shelter.

Graywolf
04-30-2010, 00:02
Actually, what Interior doubts the existence of is an existing historic population of Eastern Mountain Lions. So far the ones that have been found have been DNA typed to South American Mountain Lions, suggesting that they may have been pets.

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife in no way, shape, or form recognizes the existence of Sasquatch, and it's certainly not in any category within their Species of Concern.

Here's what Rolf Johnson of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife tells people who call to report Sasquatch sightings:

"I just tell them the Department of Fish and Wildlife has no jurisdiction," Johnson said. "It's not classified as wildlife in this state."

So the answer, Red, is that he doesn't have a link to an official site saying so. 'Cause there isn't one. Period.

You just dont want to do it your self..I just gave you the name..Google it..And Field and Stream is a very recognized magazine..I gave you that link as well..Did you look???

Graywolf
04-30-2010, 00:04
It amazes me how someone wanted to just have stories of Bigfoot sightings on the trail, and others decide to blow this up..Does it bother you that someone believes in Bigfoot and you don't??

Just answer the OP question without making a big deal out of it...

Jester2000
04-30-2010, 00:25
You just dont want to do it your self..I just gave you the name..Google it..And Field and Stream is a very recognized magazine..I gave you that link as well..Did you look???

Of course I looked it up. What you referenced was a message board posting by a guy in Mississippi (NOT Washington) on Field & Stream's website, not an article by Field & Stream.

I could go on Field & Stream's website and speculate about the hunting season for jackalopes. It doesn't mean they exist, and it doesn't mean that Field & Stream endorses my view.

No, I did what anyone with sense would do. I looked at the actual list of endangered species on Washington's Department of Fish & Wildlife's website. I'm sorry if you think this is mean or inappropriate. But if you post what you posted and can't back it up, someone's going to call you on it.

Of course, you could always say, "I guess I was wrong about that." That might work. I don't have any problem with people who believe in Bigfoot. One of my best friends, Squatch, is, as you might imagine, a believer. He gets pretty upset when others make things up and make him look bad.

As for me, I'm skeptical. I had a very unusual encounter in California in 2008 that I still cannot explain. Too complicated to get into here, but if you see me in person I'll tell you about it. What I can say is that I don't have an explanation for what happened that involves known animals, and I've done my research on it. Might have been a Sasquatch, although Squatch tells me it was a bit farther South than where he would expect to have such a thing happen.

Graywolf
04-30-2010, 00:37
Of course I looked it up. What you referenced was a message board posting by a guy in Mississippi (NOT Washington) on Field & Stream's website, not an article by Field & Stream.

I could go on Field & Stream's website and speculate about the hunting season for jackalopes. It doesn't mean they exist, and it doesn't mean that Field & Stream endorses my view.

No, I did what anyone with sense would do. I looked at the actual list of endangered species on Washington's Department of Fish & Wildlife's website. I'm sorry if you think this is mean or inappropriate. But if you post what you posted and can't back it up, someone's going to call you on it.

Of course, you could always say, "I guess I was wrong about that." That might work. I don't have any problem with people who believe in Bigfoot. One of my best friends, Squatch, is, as you might imagine, a believer. He gets pretty upset when others make things up and make him look bad.

As for me, I'm skeptical. I had a very unusual encounter in California in 2008 that I still cannot explain. Too complicated to get into here, but if you see me in person I'll tell you about it. What I can say is that I don't have an explanation for what happened that involves known animals, and I've done my research on it. Might have been a Sasquatch, although Squatch tells me it was a bit farther South than where he would expect to have such a thing happen.

Ok, I understand you..I did look at the list that is up now and the list has changed..I have emailed the person who sent me the original list and waiting for a reply..I had it on the comp, but I had it cleand a while back and lost all documents..When I get the email, I will be happy to upload it here..More than happy...

Ok, lets get onto something more productive like hiking...

Jester2000
04-30-2010, 00:46
Ok, I understand you..I did look at the list that is up now and the list has changed..

Maybe they've made a comeback!

Graywolf
04-30-2010, 01:01
Maybe they've made a comeback!

Sasquatch is still on the Kings County, Washington, Endangered Species List...:

www.nationalcenter.org/ShatteredDreams07.pdf (http://www.nationalcenter.org/ShatteredDreams07.pdf)

Look on Page 100..They even list it with a scientific name, Bipedus giganticus..

Just thought you would like to read it..

Graywolf

Gray Blazer
04-30-2010, 07:38

Did it look like this?

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/9/0/7/5/im005015.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=24086&original=1&c=663)

Gray Blazer
04-30-2010, 07:42
Okay so I was doing a little google on what big foot researchers do, and apparently one tactic they use to try and locate big foot is to blast play- backs of audio form alleged big foot recordings. So of course I naturally wondered just what these recordings sounded like.

So go here and listen to this one http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/sounds/ORBF_OH_howl_94.mp3 and this one http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/sounds/ORBF_sierragrowl.mp3 and just imagine hearing something like that blaring through the woods at night while you are trying to sleep alone in your shelter.

The BFRO researchers that went out with me were pretty good at giving Big Foot howls and yelps. They said they have actually heard those calls before on at least one of their outings.

zelph
04-30-2010, 10:35

About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight….*

Keep that in mind in case you ever have an encounter with one.;)

Shooting one will only make it have more misery and pain but will not die.:-?

Pedaling Fool
04-30-2010, 10:50
Zelph, you're a strange pumpkin:sun

Gray Blazer
04-30-2010, 10:54
Apparently, according to some BFRO reports, some of the Big Feet are girls. So... if you thought some of the female apes in Planet of the Apes were hot, you might want to check out a female Big Foot.

or visa versa

Gray Blazer
04-30-2010, 10:56
About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight….*

Keep that in mind in case you ever have an encounter with one.;)

Shooting one will only make it have more misery and pain but will not die.:-?

Prolly a Mormon (the guy on the mule, that is).

David@whiteblaze
04-30-2010, 15:43
ya know, if Zelph's story was accurate, that would explain why nobody's bagged one yet... can't die, can't be killed, one logically follows the other...

David@whiteblaze
04-30-2010, 16:39
Hmm... I had a second theory based on Zelph's assumption, but then I went back and read gen. 4... not exactly a guy with unknown sons... u think a sasquatch could make the natiions build the tower of babel? unlikely...

Connie
04-30-2010, 19:05
For mountaineers, in Washington State, at least, I heard plenty of Sasquatch stories.

In all of the stories, Sasquatch was good: saving lives of mountaineers and "hapless skiers".

Of course, it wouldn't be "hapless mountaineers" and skiers. I heard the stories from mountaineers. Mountain climbers called ourselves mountaineers, because there is more to mountain travel and being in the mountains than only mountain climbing.

I have a Sasquatch story: I thought I told it here, already. Maybe not.

For years, I was first up Mt. Ruth summit and last up Mt. Ruth summit for the season.

I really like the hike in, the mountain and the North Cascades even before it was The North Cascades.

We were at our "high" base camp, setting up camp for the night. I was looking at the panorama view, and, yes, there wasn't that "big rock" over there a moment ago. I kept scanning, because I was concerned. The next glance, the "big rock" was gone, but I glimpsed something moving very fast just over and out of view down the snowfield.

And that, is my Sasquatch story.

Most of the "hapless skier" stories were, no kidding, Sasquatch kept them warm by sleeping next to them in open exposure to the elements. A rural legend? I think not!

There are living skiers, who have insisted those "hapless skier" stories are true.

If you see a Sasquatch, don't shoot it. Instead, have a Hi-def video cam and get us all some good video.

wcgornto
04-30-2010, 20:15
Here in South Georgia, we have Skunk Apes.

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x1612554511/Planet-of-the-Skunk-Apes

zelph
04-30-2010, 22:58
Prolly a Mormon (the guy on the mule, that is).

Where did you find that info? Got a link?

Great story to tell while sitting around a campfire;)

ERNMAN
04-30-2010, 23:39
YES I spotted the same one in The Poconos and again at the Del Water Gap....

TD55
05-01-2010, 00:17
Word has it that bigfoot has been doing some moonlight surfing down at the inlet, north side.

Gray Blazer
05-06-2010, 10:16
Where did you find that info? Got a link?

Great story to tell while sitting around a campfire;)

No link. Just sounds Mormonish to me.

vonfrick
05-06-2010, 18:26
Did it look like this?

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/9/0/7/5/im005015.jpg (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=24086&original=1&c=663)

my god!!! yes it did!! ;):sun

warraghiyagey
05-06-2010, 20:55
my god!!! yes it did!! ;):sun
What a handsome fellow that Bigfoot is . . . . :sun:sun:sun

Tin Man
05-06-2010, 20:59
What a handsome fellow that Bigfoot is . . . . :sun:sun:sun

hmm, i thought handsome bigfoots always faced the camera?

warraghiyagey
05-06-2010, 21:13
Handsome bigfoots always face the Storm . . .

chiefduffy
05-07-2010, 14:04
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/3/7/8/4/pict0200_thumb.jpg

The one is the middle is the bigfoot, supposedly

IceAge
05-07-2010, 16:46
A couple of years ago, not too far from my house here in Wisconsin, there was a guy whose job it was to pick up the roadkill deer. He had just finished loading one into the back of his pickup when something big, hairy, and bipedal grabbed it and ran off.

He later recanted the story when he was accused of being drunk, on drugs, etc, he didn't want to put up with that crap. But his initial account was pretty interesting.

IceAge
05-07-2010, 16:50
As far as gov't recognition of critters, I saw a wolf in the Flat Tops wilderness of Colorado in 2002. I was with a guy who works for the Colorado fish and game, or whatever they call it. He saw it too, but refused to believe it was a wolf even as I was pointing out the reasons why it wasn't a dog or coyote.

He was sure it wasn't a wolf because "there are no wolves here"

Graywolf
05-08-2010, 00:58
As far as gov't recognition of critters, I saw a wolf in the Flat Tops wilderness of Colorado in 2002. I was with a guy who works for the Colorado fish and game, or whatever they call it. He saw it too, but refused to believe it was a wolf even as I was pointing out the reasons why it wasn't a dog or coyote.

He was sure it wasn't a wolf because "there are no wolves here"

Yeah, had this experiance with a forest ranger in Oklahoma , We were talking about the mountain lion I had an encounter with in 1986 at the Winding Stair Mountains.. He said "No way..Mountain Lions have been eradicated from here." 5 minutes later one walked out of the woods, across the parking lot and up the ridge on the opposite side, broad daylight.. I said,"Well, what was that??".. He actually said it was an over grown house cat...LOL

Pedaling Fool
10-25-2010, 20:24
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101009/lf_nm_life/us_china_bigfoot

Scientists to look for China's Bigfoot

BEIJING (Reuters) – A group of Chinese scientists and explorers is looking for international help to mount a new search for the country's answer to Bigfoot, known locally as the "Yeren," or "wild man."

Over the years, more than 400 people have claimed sightings of the half-man, half-ape Yeren in a remote, mountainous area of the central province of Hubei, state news agency Xinhua said on Saturday.

Expeditions in the 1970s and 1980s yielded hair, a footprint, excrement and a sleeping nest suspected of belonging to the Yeren, but there has been no conclusive proof, the report added.

Witnesses describe a creature that walks upright, is more than 2 meters (6 ft 7 in) tall and with grey, red or black hair all over its body, Xinhua said.

Now the Hubei Wild Man Research Association is looking for volunteers from around the world to join them on another expedition to look for the Yeren.

"We want the team members to be devoted, as there will be a lot a hard work in the process," Luo Baosheng, vice president of the group, told Xinhua.

But the team will have to come up with about 10 million yuan ($1.50 million) first, and is talking to companies and other bodies to secure the funding, so there is no timetable yet for when they may start, the report added.

China is no stranger to cryptozoology. Tales abound of mysterious, Loch Ness monster-like creatures living in lakes in remote parts of the country.

Tibetans have also long talked about the existence of the Yeti, or "Abominable Snowman," in the high mountains of their snowy homeland.

Oklahoma 98
10-25-2010, 22:40
There is a Bigfoot festival in Honobia,Ok. every October and he is always there.

mweinstone
10-25-2010, 23:13
bigfoots have watched me hike since i was a kid. ive never seen one or any evedince of one. but i know when their around. it starts with a mentle awareness that something is inside your thaughts. then it becomes a feeling of being aware of where it last stood but never where it is. that makes sence to me anyway. mostly it happens when im pushing the limits of hiking fast and strong. i belive ive caused them to evade me like a game. they feel im okay with them and they like that. several times ive thaught thaughts i wanted them to receive. thaughts like," if you need a liasion between humans and youselves ill be it."never got an answer. ive played out a fantasy many times while hiking where i get to introduce them to man formaly. they have nothing that can help us or they would. they can predict the near future useing nothing but senses. their awarness allows further sight into time than ours. one day one will be found alive. on pourpose. cause they hope it might jar us awake from our stumble into the abbyiss of extinktion witch they dont want for any animal.

Majortrauma
10-25-2010, 23:17
Too many sightings in North America going way back to pre-anglo arrival to be complete fiction.
For an interesting read try "Raincoast Sasquatch".
I've been hunting for over 30 years and have never found a deer carcass in the woods except for a day old kill during deer season.
And BFRO.net has a lot of interesting accounts there.
If the environment can sustain a bear, it can sustain a creature as large as sasquatch especially in Pacific Northwest.

mweinstone
10-25-2010, 23:32
how many who say they hunt all the time and never see stuff have added up the total time and miles hiked in wild places. i got 3 years liveing in wilderness and 7000 miles all but 600 from wyoming on the AT. and ive seen dozens of rangers. multipul deer carcasses at a time. dead bore. wild horses,donkeys and skunks and beavers and mountain lion and bobcat and snow hare and rattler and hawk and egale and possum and hedghog and turkey and mole and water moccasin and frog and songbirds and bear and wolf and elk and baltimore jack. and ive teased rattlers with sticks and fed wild horses and held turtles that made my stomach growel for snapper soup. ive squeezed the life out of trout by sticking my thum in their mouth and forefinger on their spine behind the head and pinching their backbone in half as their life forse vibrates one last time. ive killed with my hands and eaten raw warm fleash. my point? dont have one. just sayin.

Wise Old Owl
10-25-2010, 23:40
http://pictureschat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ugly-feet.jpg:eek:

mweinstone
10-25-2010, 23:45
let us reveiw that footshot.
a: the sandle suntan. wrong shoes.
b: blisters are for fools.
c: duct tape glue in inwashed blisters
d: tape touching nails pulling nails off.
c: skinny weak feet overused and under hardened
d:hiker not resting with clean feat up and airing. hike over.

Wise Old Owl
10-25-2010, 23:56
Well - the thread was supposed to be about big ugly feet... I wasn't going to post about a fictional character.

Bucherm
10-26-2010, 00:56
Too many sightings in North America going way back to pre-anglo arrival to be complete fiction.
For an interesting read try "Raincoast Sasquatch".
I've been hunting for over 30 years and have never found a deer carcass in the woods except for a day old kill during deer season.
And BFRO.net has a lot of interesting accounts there.
If the environment can sustain a bear, it can sustain a creature as large as sasquatch especially in Pacific Northwest.

(1)There are tons of UFO sightings every year, that doesn't mean we're being visited by little green men. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

(2)I've ran into deer carcasses in the woods twice, both on national park land(Point Reyes and Shenandoah). That a mostly day-hiker/weekender such as myself finds large mammal carcasses and in several hundred years of European settlement no one has been able to produce a bigfoot corpse doesn't speak well to it's likelyhood.

(3)"If a enviroment can sustain a bear it can sustain a Bigfoot". That's great. You're assuming that the enviroment can sustain a large omnivore in addition to another large omnivore(more than that in areas with Grizzlies, more than that when the area was inhabited by American Indians who lived in woodland settlements). That isn't nessecarily true.

FWIW it would be totally awesome if Bigfoot existed(I'm a big X-files fan and my favorite episodes were always the "weird **** happening in the woods" ones vice the "alien conspiracy" ones). But the evidence(or rather lack of) trends towards the species not existing.

mweinstone
10-26-2010, 00:57
understand this . bigfoot can walk to my south philly apt and get in the door and into my apt and get in my bed and tap me on the shoulder and just lay there and stare at me if he wants. he has skills so cool you would study them and gain them and become more evil than now. thats what they dont allow. to observe one is to learn too much. to respect one is to begin learning what we are able.

Bucherm
10-26-2010, 01:01
understand this . bigfoot can walk to my south philly apt and get in the door and into my apt and get in my bed and tap me on the shoulder and just lay there and stare at me if he wants. he has skills so cool you would study them and gain them and become more evil than now. thats what they dont allow. to observe one is to learn too much. to respect one is to begin learning what we are able.

So you're saying Bigfoot is a Ninja?

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Beverly-Hills-Ninja-ps02.jpg

mweinstone
10-26-2010, 01:03
bigfoot does not kill. period. does not allow itself to be seen by things that kill.belives killing is death. we belive to kill an attacker is life. we are opposite them.i personaly belive in killing killers. and so will never meet a bigfoot. but with things were different.

dear bigfoot. i love you since i was a kid and you hiked around me. please let me be your helper. oxmat human.

Bucherm
10-26-2010, 01:04
bigfoot does not kill.

Everything kills.

mweinstone
10-26-2010, 01:40
correct. bigfoot kills. but only itself. so they arent captured old and weak to give up secrets. like an old woman who sleeps in the snow against a tree far from her home to save her people the burden of her old ages weakness. this , and stepping on stuff, are their only kills. so, in effect, as far as were concerned for this discussion , they kill alot less than most. almost gandi like non killing. lol.

Bucherm
10-26-2010, 05:04
Bigfoot doesn't exist.

Pedaling Fool
10-26-2010, 08:25
I don't like to get in the "is bigfoot real..." discussions, because I've got nothing new to add. And I agree with the skeptics that not finding a carcass of a given animal in the woods is not a good analogy and really doesn't have any merit in this topic.

However, on the issue of fossil remains there are almost no remains of gigantopithecus and the remains (molars) were found by accident in a traditional Chinese medical shop. Makes you wonder how many animals we just don't know about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

I understand the arguements against a large ape living undiscovered and personnally I can't argue against that reasoning, it just seems to be an overwhelming common-sense fact.

However, it's hard to ignore the evidence around the world. This is where people group this phenomenon with other things like Dracula, werewolves, etc... I personally see some important distinctions, but I don't like to argue it because it's all been aired before.

Not saying that bigfoot exists, but something is happening that really should be taken seriously. I have a hard time accepting the conventional wisdom of us "wanting (as if it's a need) to find a human-like creature..."

This reminds me of a quote by the historian John Keay, not a direct quote:
Myth is the Smoke of History. You may have to fan at it a good deal before you get a glimpse of the flame beneath; but when you see smoke, it is wisest not to pretend that it isn’t there.

There's a lot of smoke out there.

:sun

mweinstone
10-26-2010, 10:28
bigfoot is as mans good side. its there, but really shy.its seen but only glimpsis. its smelled and heard and hair and prints may bee seen but it aint easy to understand. we are mostly evil. as bigfoot is mostly good, the two repell. biggys seen us fight the civil war and watched vietnam and korea and world wars. they know not to hope for us. they see souls. and ours is dead.they see us leave our own to die. and they see crime in the wilds. mafia slayings and rapes. and they can understand much more than us. they simply see us as a live wire too dangerous to be near. and they are born sad for us and weary.

weary
10-26-2010, 10:54
I hope I never run into a bigfoot on the trail. I believe that might end my hiking career. :-?

Jeez, it's bad enough to think about a bear outside your tent... :eek:
What makes you think Big Foot is dangerous? Is there any evidence that it has ever harmed anyone?

mudhead
10-26-2010, 11:03
What makes you think Big Foot is dangerous? Is there any evidence that it has ever harmed anyone?

I see her at the local Walmart once in awhile.

I bet she cleans up good.

Fine lookin' Mainiac.

Mr. Clean
10-27-2010, 05:01
I think I've seen her there, too, Mudhead.

Gray Blazer
10-27-2010, 09:10
bigfoot is as mans good side. its there, but really shy.its seen but only glimpsis. its smelled and heard and hair and prints may bee seen but it aint easy to understand. we are mostly evil. as bigfoot is mostly good, the two repell. biggys seen us fight the civil war and watched vietnam and korea and world wars. they know not to hope for us. they see souls. and ours is dead.they see us leave our own to die. and they see crime in the wilds. mafia slayings and rapes. and they can understand much more than us. they simply see us as a live wire too dangerous to be near. and they are born sad for us and weary.

I think Mathroughski is closer than everyone thinks. My son has seen BF and I've seen his footprints. We theorize that as Cro-magnon and Homo Sapiens began to branch apart, the Homos became very good at hunting and the Crows became very good at hiding.

BAG "o" TRICKS
10-27-2010, 14:31

Maybe this should be in trail humor but here is my bigfoot story and I swear it on my Mother's grave. Weary you and others can check it out on the bigfoot website under PA bigfoot sightings. A few years back I went up to my cabin on a Friday night after work. The cabin is located approximately one mile West of R.B. Winter State Park just off Route 192. It had snowed approximately three inches during the Saturday early morning hours but had stopped just before dawn. I figured great, fresh snow, this is the time to head out on a hike and see just what type of critters are hanging out in the area. As I recall it was a wet heavy snow and the morning very windy and chilly but the sky was bright and clear. Now I stand about 6' and weigh in at about 285:-? last I checked;). For my hike, I dressed in black nylon wind pants, a black fleece and rain jacket, wearing a black Seirus ninja style balaclava, the kind with the drop down facemask, and black fleece gloves. What can I say I've been hanging out with B-Jack too long and besides I heard dressing in all black makes you look slimmer, yea fat chance:eek:. Anyway you probably already see where I'm going with this story. I walked down the road from our cabin to Route 192. Just as I was about to cross over to Yankee Run Trail I heard and then saw a car approaching on192 about a quarter of a mile away, coming from the direction of the park. I figured what the heck, in my best bigfoot 'impression and gait' with arms swinging I started across pausing in the middle just long enough to look back, eyes only thing showing, towards the approaching car, which was now about 300 yards away. I leaped over the guardrail in one quick bound (don't ask) and hid just far enough inside the woods to see them stop and stare towards where I had just disappeared. I'm assuming they were 'pondering' what they had just seen. I laughed like hell the first half of that hike just thinking about it. Unknown to me during the early part of that hike a 'big' payback was in order.
With the sun now well up, the temperature began climbing much faster than I as I past through a stand of pines. The snow was beginning to melting quickly and sounded like a hard rain falling in the woods. With the wind still blowing strong, heavy snow clumps fell on me indiscriminately from the limbs above. I remember thinking and laughing to myself, it’s as if there are monkey’s in the trees pelting me with snowballs. As I continued climbing Yankee Run trail I soon passed the Mid-State trail and a short time later the mountain summit at its intersection with Falling Timber trail. I decided this was a good place to take a break and have a snack. I placed my poles together on an angle in middle of both trails, took off, and placed my black rain jacket over them to dry in the sun. I walked a few step off Fallen Timber trail, dropped my daypack, and retrieved a small snickers bar from it. As I consumed it I noticed my breath was being carried due West, odd I thought, considering the wind usually blows Southeast. Anyway, I went back for seconds in the way of a Slim Jim beef stick. I took a few bites of it, stepped back into Falling Timber Trail and kneeled on one knee beside my poles and rain wind jacket. I was looking due East toward R.B. Winter Park, seeing nothing of interest in that direction I stood up and turned in the other and to my surprise saw the largest black bear I have ever seen.., and I’ve seen some big ones. I knew that even from that distance he had to be close to 700+pounds. He looked like a black VW Beetle in the middle of the trail. For those of you who have seen the mounted one at the Cabela’s in Hamburg PA, he was that big. He was about seventy yards away walking down Falling Timber trail straight towards me. I figured he must be near sighted or maybe he thought my black jacket hanging low in the middle of the trail was another bear feeding, who knows. In any case, I wasted little time grabbing my hiking poles, waving them in the air, all the while shouting at him. He stopped for a few seconds looked up as if he did not know what to make of me then casually jumped into a laurel thicket not more than fifty yards from me. I stood my ground and continued hollering for minute or so longer. I was hoping.., no praying, that when I stopped he would be heading in another direction. I didn’t hear or see him again so I guess he did and quickly so did I.., back to the cabin to change my shorts, for I had seen my bigfoot.

Adayak
10-27-2010, 16:47
You're best bet to avoid bigfoot is to hike on the weekends ... I heard he's big into fantasy football and never misses a game on DirecTV.

yari
10-27-2010, 18:20
I don't like to get in the "is bigfoot real..." discussions, because I've got nothing new to add. And I agree with the skeptics that not finding a carcass of a given animal in the woods is not a good analogy and really doesn't have any merit in this topic.

However, on the issue of fossil remains there are almost no remains of gigantopithecus and the remains (molars) were found by accident in a traditional Chinese medical shop. Makes you wonder how many animals we just don't know about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

I understand the arguements against a large ape living undiscovered and personnally I can't argue against that reasoning, it just seems to be an overwhelming common-sense fact.

However, it's hard to ignore the evidence around the world. This is where people group this phenomenon with other things like Dracula, werewolves, etc... I personally see some important distinctions, but I don't like to argue it because it's all been aired before.

Not saying that bigfoot exists, but something is happening that really should be taken seriously. I have a hard time accepting the conventional wisdom of us "wanting (as if it's a need) to find a human-like creature..."

This reminds me of a quote by the historian John Keay, not a direct quote:
Myth is the Smoke of History. You may have to fan at it a good deal before you get a glimpse of the flame beneath; but when you see smoke, it is wisest not to pretend that it isn’t there.

There's a lot of smoke out there.

:sun

Well said.

TheChop
10-27-2010, 19:29
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here." - Mitch Hedberg

Jonnycat
10-28-2010, 09:03
No, it's not the camera, he's just blurry!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4161/blurrywilliams.jpg

adlearned
09-11-2013, 08:08
I often go on the BFRO.NET website looking for experiences hikers may have had with bigfoot sightings. I feel there should be more cooperation regarding sightings on this forum. Don't believe they exist? Then don't bother us with your trolling. Count me in as someone who is genuinely interested.

adlearned
09-11-2013, 08:11
We don't need trolls like you cluttering a valid interest.

adlearned
09-11-2013, 08:15
Prove it. There is positively no proof they don't exist.

gypsy97
09-11-2013, 08:49
I believe in the possibility they may exist, but I hope we never find one - what would we do, kill & autopsy him, put him on display in a zoo, or what? It wouldn't be good for the Bigfoot, that's for sure.

Gray Blazer
09-11-2013, 10:04
Who's a troll?

Gray Blazer
09-11-2013, 10:14
Pic of BigFoot (Bardin Booger) on FT.

Namtrag
09-11-2013, 10:18
Report on the AT:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=36850

Madthrush
09-11-2013, 10:24
Dermal ridges showing up on footprint casts that are years old, and the subsequent matching of those ridge patterns on footprints left hundreds of miles away and several years later, is probably the best evidence proponents have. The Patterson film still leaves goosebumps in a way no other film can, or even comes close to doing which is to be expected if all subsquent videos are hoaxes. I have had hikers walk within 10 feet of me and not even know I was there so who knows? If he exists, it's only in the NW.

quasarr
09-11-2013, 10:48
LOL! I recently learned that Bigfoot hunting is quite popular in California. A man in a bar was going on about how he can't wait to retire and go "Squatcing" with his son. I though, well he's just a small town nut. But then in the Mojave I ran into a good ole boy who just couldn't shut up about how he would soon be independently wealthy from his Squatch pictures.

Maybe the sun just makes people crazy out there! How could Bigfoot live in the desert? He's too hairy, it would be WAY too hot for him!

Gray Blazer
09-11-2013, 13:09
My BFRO investigation. Interestingly, in the follow up investigation report, the researcher talks about hearing a penetrating frightening scream that was deep and could be felt just like the AT report on this thread p 7.

http://208.109.31.181/GDB/show_report.asp?id=25979