PDA

View Full Version : Rei

thepokerkid227
04-27-2010, 23:52
I want to start checking out gear and trying on packs anyone been to REI in Hartford, CT is it a big store? Its the closest one to me or I was planning on taking a trip to the Framingham, MA one this weekend seeing as it looks bigger.

Yukon
04-28-2010, 07:10
I was just there two weeks ago, it's a pretty big place, two floors. They had a pretty good selection of packs...

MelNino
04-28-2010, 09:01
It's my home away from home :)

It's in a great area as well, so it's worth the trip to get to.

Now I want to go back....I think they are having their garage sale soon...

TheKO
04-28-2010, 10:16
Big caution flag goes up here! I made the mistake of visiting the San Diego REI before going to a wedding - just to look.
I ended up spending about $500 !!!!!!

Old Grouse
04-28-2010, 11:50
You should also consider a trip to Campmor in Paramus NJ if possible. From Derby, it's a 1.5 hour drive, but worth it for both variety and price.

LIhikers
04-28-2010, 11:56
You should also consider a trip to Campmor in Paramus NJ if possible. From Derby, it's a 1.5 hour drive, but worth it for both variety and price.

I agree with Old Grouse on that.
Just know that they are closed on Sundays.

Yukon
04-28-2010, 12:17
I love/hate trips to big outfitters. There is absolutely nothing that I need there but I always find something I want...

wystiria
04-28-2010, 12:53
I was there last week - looking for a neoair (they are out of stock but the Manchester EMS isn't)

they have a good selection - though right now they are out of the seriously popular light weight items (Neoair, the BA regular air core, some tents etc.)

I wouldn't bother going up the framington store, although it is bigger they wont have so much mroe to make it worth the trip. Pack wise REI is pretty well stocked. even had some go-light packs my last check.

enjoy!