PDA

View Full Version : Hostel coming at Village Truck Stop in Atkins, VA

VTS Shell
04-29-2010, 18:15
Hey guys,
I got great news for you all. I got a restaurant, shower, and resupply now at the Shell Station in Atkins, VA and soon I will have a hostel ready for you. I am working with the city to get it done. I have a house 5 feel from the A.T trail imagine that and I am going to turn that into a Hostel. But for now this season I got a restaurant ready to go with healthy and cheap meals, Pizza, beer and all your resupply gear. I am also working the storage place so If you guys want you can have your packages send here. Please advise me what else I can do for you to guys??? any comments opinion and suggestion???

10-K
04-29-2010, 18:38
Very good! I hope you do well.

Storm
04-29-2010, 20:57
To send packages we would need a mailing address.

A-Train
04-29-2010, 22:20
Hey guys,
I got great news for you all. I got a restaurant, shower, and resupply now at the Shell Station in Atkins, VA and soon I will have a hostel ready for you. I am working with the city to get it done. I have a house 5 feel from the A.T trail imagine that and I am going to turn that into a Hostel. But for now this season I got a restaurant ready to go with healthy and cheap meals, Pizza, beer and all your resupply gear. I am also working the storage place so If you guys want you can have your packages send here. Please advise me what else I can do for you to guys??? any comments opinion and suggestion???

Good luck.

I would stock: HEET (denatured alcohol), canister fuel, Coleman Fuel, duct tape, zip loc baggies, beer, Knorr sides, Mac n Cheese, dehydrated potatoes, stuffing, tortillas, bagels, cheese (blocks and string cheese), tuna in packets, salmon/chicken in packets, pepperoni, jerky, nuts, dried fruits, FRESH FRUIT, pb and J, granola bars, Cliff Bars, Chocolate bars, Candy, Chips (Fritos), Pop tarts and other assorted snacks. Cold drinks of every variety are always a hit too.

back home
05-04-2010, 15:10
That sounds great! Can you please provide your address as I will be sending my son a re-supply box next week and it would be great to send it to your place. Also, what are you business hours?

Sly
05-04-2010, 15:16
Village Truck Stop
7297 Lee Highway
Atkins, VA 24311
276-783-5775

Spokes
05-04-2010, 17:49
Sell denatured alcohol by the ounce. 20- 25 cents is the going rate.

Blissful
05-04-2010, 19:47
I was at the Shell station a week ago (if this is the one at Groseclose by I 81). Not too much there for resupply when I was there, esp dinner though it was the height of the thru hiker season (just ramen and tuna packet). I heard some hikers complain about the high prices, but of course that's why its "convenient." The lady there was very nice.

Rain Man
05-04-2010, 21:04
I think I would add batteries to the list of supplies.

Rain:sunMan

HikerMom58
05-04-2010, 22:01
I'm thrilled to hear this news!! :)