PDA

View Full Version : Moontrail.com

Matty427
04-30-2010, 16:51
Has anyone ordered from moontrail.com? They seem reputable and have a few reviews online. They claim to have the Montbell ULSS #3 in stock, which I can't find available anywhere else including montbell.com. I wanted some feedback before buying from them.

Thanks!

10-K
04-30-2010, 17:07
Before trying to order a discontinued item online I'd give them a call first - they have a toll free number.

Also note that it's a 1-800 number - the 800 prefix has been unavailable for some time so they've been around a while.

brooklynkayak
04-30-2010, 17:12
I have ordered a few items from them. Their web site shows you how many they have in stock and they keep it accurate.
They ship fast and have good sale prices.

I like the way they also include extra details that the manufacturers often leave out of their descriptions and if I remember correctly, they even give a more accurate weight rating.

MedicineMan
04-30-2010, 17:33
Yep they're a stand up company.

Mountain Wildman
04-30-2010, 17:41
Moontrail is my go to site for product info as stated by BrooklynKayak, They usually have better pictures of products as well.

mykl
04-30-2010, 17:53
Moontrail is my go to site for product info as stated by BrooklynKayak, They usually have better pictures of products as well.

Yea Moontrail actually sets up tents, has people in sleeping bags, hold items in their hands.... and take pix of it all. Its a great way to shop online with things you never saw in person.
If only more online stores did that....

Mountain Wildman
04-30-2010, 18:16
Yea Moontrail actually sets up tents, has people in sleeping bags, hold items in their hands.... and take pix of it all. Its a great way to shop online with things you never saw in person.
If only more online stores did that....

AMEN!!! Nice to see what you are buying before you buy it. Sometimes you need to see the product in someone's hand, They even tell you the person's height and weight on some of the items.

txag
04-30-2010, 19:28
I have ordered from them and their service was great. It would have to be to survive as an outdoor equipment store in San Antonio.

Matty427
04-30-2010, 20:48
Awesome - thanks for the input! Just placed my order for the UL Super Spiral #3! And with the bonus points I earned, it looks like I may even get a pocket rocket to replace my jetboil for free!

Tinker
05-01-2010, 00:34
I bought my Hilleberg Akto from them before they changed their name (I've forgotten what it used to be :D.
I ordered by phone to make sure that they had what I wanted in stock (I did not want a red one). I got a free windmill lighter with the tent. This was back in 2004, I believe.

Roland
05-02-2010, 05:35
I bought my Hilleberg Akto from them before they changed their name (I've forgotten what it used to be :D.
~

Backcountry Equipment

Of course, with backcountry.com and backcountrygear.com, that was just too confusing.

longhiker
05-06-2010, 18:46
I'm always very happy if something I want to buy is on Moontrail.. even if I dont buy it from them, their websites has the best stats on what they sell. You can compare packs , tents etc by weight, volume, head height, area etc.

They also have very helpful pictures of people inside the tents etc.. amazing.

Franco
05-06-2010, 19:46
I have recommended them for stuff we cannot get here in Australia, like Hilleberg. The response has always being good.
Franco

J-Fro
05-06-2010, 20:28
No Hesitations! Good customer service, good website.

flemdawg1
05-12-2010, 14:33
Great site, purchased afew things from there as well. I got a very good deal on Ti shepherd hook stakes.