PDA

View Full Version : So why carry plain old gorp?

Mrs Baggins
05-01-2010, 07:06
http://www.theredheadnyc.com/products/bacon-peanut-brittle :banana

Tractor
05-01-2010, 08:16
Ummm. Might have to try some.

garlic08
05-01-2010, 09:18
$22 a pound is why!

I once resupplied at a health food store in Flagstaff, AZ and was shocked at the trial mix prices there (no bacon, though, obviously), being around $14/pound. I thought that was high.

Mrs Baggins
05-01-2010, 11:35
$22 a pound is why!

I once resupplied at a health food store in Flagstaff, AZ and was shocked at the trial mix prices there (no bacon, though, obviously), being around $14/pound. I thought that was high.

Life is short. I'd buy it once at least.

Mags
05-01-2010, 18:52
The dirty little secret of trail mix is how easy it is to make.

Ever read the ingredients on store bought trail mix? Egads...I can't pronounce half the names.

I made some homemade gorp with brown sugar, oatmeal, apple butter, cranberries, walnuts, and apples a couple of weeks back (Make the trail bars, crumble them up) Quick and easy to make; tasty too. All started when I had to use up some apples.... :)

Bacon bits trail mix looks pretty easy to make. I'll have to try it. Something different. :)

mudhead
05-01-2010, 19:23
Tell the truth. She ain't impressed with waxy dried out Snickers.

Gone all yupster, haven't you. Probably have a picnic basket with stemware that you drag around.

Mrs Baggins
05-01-2010, 20:40

Gone all yupster, haven't you. Probably have a picnic basket with stemware that you drag around.

No to the basket and I love Snickers. I just have a very open mind and I'm willing to try new things.

Mags
05-02-2010, 00:00

Mrs B, I am sure you are nice and all..but Mudhead is referring to a certain German/Polish (what used to be called Prussian!) lady in my life currently and it is not you. :)

Luckily I can cook and quite well. Legacy of Grandma Mags that I am forever grateful for..... :D

ed bell
05-02-2010, 00:27
I always wanted to utilize roasted pine nuts in a gorp mash-up. I LOVE roasted pine nuts. Maybe bacon in there as well? Sounds promising.

mudhead
05-02-2010, 05:43
Mrs B, I am sure you are nice and all..but Mudhead is referring to a certain German/Polish (what used to be called Prussian!) lady in my life currently and it is not you. :)

Luckily I can cook and quite well. Legacy of Grandma Mags that I am forever grateful for..... :D

I see you have a future in politics. Answered the question, without answering the question.

No harm in being domesticated. Or house broken in your case.:)

Mrs Baggins
05-02-2010, 07:19

Ooops! Sorry! :o But I do love Snickers! :D

Mags
05-02-2010, 12:38
I see you have a future in politics. Answered the question, without answering the question.

No harm in being domesticated. Or house broken in your case.:)

She's playing in Utah all week. Think I may get wild and leave the toliet seat up...

ps. I love Snickers too Mrs. B. :D

mudhead
05-03-2010, 12:07
You are a rebel. Double dog dare you to drink out of the carton. I sure hope she is drinking bottled water in Utah. Have to wonder what the Mormons put in the water. They are a prolific bunch.:eek:

Mags
05-04-2010, 00:25
You are a rebel. Double dog dare you to drink out of the carton. I sure hope she is drinking bottled water in Utah. Have to wonder what the Mormons put in the water. They are a prolific bunch.:eek:

Just came back from climbing. Apres-climb with two (happy hour) beers. Rebel I know...