PDA

View Full Version : An Awesome No Cook Breakfast - The Crunch Breakfast Banana

BlueTang
05-01-2010, 10:29
Description

The "Crunch" Banana Breakfast is a great way for any backpacker to start their day. Trail food can be made from simple ingredients, in a practical way, and this is one of the results!
Ingredients

1 Banana
Peanut Butter (or any nut butter) to taste. We suggest 2 Tbsp.
1 Container of Yogurt (Boston Creme, Chocolate, etc.)
1/8 C. Grapenuts

Home Preparation

Package ingredients appropriately - Yogurt is usually good for a couple days as long as the weather is cool in nature.
Banana Transport - Laurie Ann March, author of A Fork in the Trail (http://www.aforkinthetrail.com/), suggests these containers by www.bananasaver.com (http://www.bananasaver.com/) - They really work!

Trail Preparation

Cut Banana in half, peel the half then slice in half down the middle so that you have 4 spears
Spread peanut butter on banana slices and place into bowl
Spoon out the container of yogurt onto the banana spears
Top with Grape Nuts cereal

Notes

This backpacking recipe for breakfast is well balanced, but the larger hiker might find two servings better to start the morning off with.

Old River Rat
07-15-2010, 02:14
I am going to start eating this at home. But I will replace the cereal with Mueslix.

ExosC3
07-15-2010, 19:51
sounds good, but a little messy. i agree tho, im gonna try this at home for sure lol

bikebum1975
07-16-2010, 23:36
Now that sounds yummy

charlie2008
07-19-2010, 03:24
HEY ! I just tried this. Tastes great. Thanks, BT. My wife is gonna go down with all the extra weight..... ok I'll pak my share.

Storm
07-19-2010, 12:40
Just did three days on the LHHT and had the following breakfast that worked real well.

2 cups of cheerios
1 small box of raisins
1 handfull of dehydrated banna chips
3 table spoons of powdered Ensure

I put this in a zip lock bag and just added some water each morning. Lots of nutrition, nothing to spoil and tasted pretty good.

I think you could use any dry cereal if you don't like cheerios.

Press
07-19-2010, 18:30
Add some bacon and you could feed Elvis with this.

coyote13
07-20-2010, 20:59
got to try that mmm

Aerynthesky
07-22-2010, 17:18
sounds like a great breakfast. I am gonna try it.