PDA

View Full Version : Are mice trail angels?

LimpsAlong
05-03-2010, 13:52
Anyone ever woke up to find food in their pack that was not theirs? My son-in-law found a baggie of gorp (with M&M's!) in his pack that was partially eaten. Seemed a mouse carried it from another hikers bag in the loft at Gooch and delivered it to his pack.
Does this qualify as an act by a trail angel?

Ender
05-03-2010, 13:55
Ha! That's awesome.

Manwich
05-03-2010, 13:59
Sounds like someone is FOS

Blissful
05-03-2010, 14:13
I'm still wondering why the mouse chewed on my Ziploc containing my cell phone on my recent hike. Guess he wanted to make a call...

LimpsAlong
05-03-2010, 14:21
Sounds like someone is FOS
If you mean the story, well it's true. And if FOS means what I think it does you can KMA.

Appalachian Tater
05-03-2010, 14:23
I'm still wondering why the mouse chewed on my Ziploc containing my cell phone on my recent hike. Guess he wanted to make a call...Wash your hands between eating and using your cell phone.

Blissful
05-03-2010, 14:28
Wash your hands between eating and using your cell phone.

Ah, must have been the cheese I had for lunch. Interesting. I think he was bummed to to find just a phone.
:D

Puppy
05-03-2010, 16:31
I believe it.

One night I had a mouse take toilet paper from Jack Frost's belongings, rip it all up, then put it in my pack.

I do not give that mouse trail angel status because he put 3 holes in my pack to accomplish his mission. ha.

Alligator
05-03-2010, 16:43
They also leave bits of wild rice.

Rick500
05-03-2010, 18:27
High in fiber, I'm guessing. :)

Elder
05-03-2010, 20:22

:eek: Ancient Chinese Emperors?

(Mouse-E-Dung!) :rolleyes:

Adayak
05-04-2010, 09:54

Those mice we like to call trail demons !

Lilred
05-04-2010, 10:22
I find it highly unlikely that a mouse could drag a baggie full of gorp and put it in another's pack. More than likely, a hiker found his had gotten into and stashed it in someone else's pack so he wouldn't have to carry it out. OR, another hiker thought he was putting it in his pack in the middle of the night, OR another hiker forgot it was in his pack, so they put it in someone else's to keep the mice out of their pack.

Really, a little mouse can drag a bag of gorp up into someone else's pack? Doubt it.

LimpsAlong
05-04-2010, 11:30
I find it highly unlikely that a mouse could drag a baggie full of gorp and put it in another's pack. More than likely, a hiker found his had gotten into and stashed it in someone else's pack so he wouldn't have to carry it out. OR, another hiker thought he was putting it in his pack in the middle of the night, OR another hiker forgot it was in his pack, so they put it in someone else's to keep the mice out of their pack.

Really, a little mouse can drag a bag of gorp up into someone else's pack? Doubt it.
You had to have been there. It was a mouse. Don't care if you doubt it.

Lilred
05-04-2010, 14:14
You had to have been there. It was a mouse. Don't care if you doubt it.

Did you see the mouse dragging a bag of gorp? I don't have to be there to know that a mouse doesn't have the strength to move a bag of gorp into someone elses pack. And why would it? Doesn't make any logical sense, unless of course it was Mighty Mouse.

But you go ahead and believe what you want, that a little tiny mouse dragged a bag of gorp from somewhere and up into your backpack, instead of just chewing a hole in the plastic and eating it where it was.

LimpsAlong
05-04-2010, 15:08
Did you see the mouse dragging a bag of gorp? I don't have to be there to know that a mouse doesn't have the strength to move a bag of gorp into someone elses pack. And why would it? Doesn't make any logical sense, unless of course it was Mighty Mouse.

But you go ahead and believe what you want, that a little tiny mouse dragged a bag of gorp from somewhere and up into your backpack, instead of just chewing a hole in the plastic and eating it where it was.

1/2 cup of gorp is not real heavy. Don't think it'd take Mighty Mouse to move it. But you go ahead and believe what you want, that an evil hiker woke in the night and stashed his gorp in the pack so he would not have to pack it out. How many beers did it take to dream up that scenario?

Ender
05-04-2010, 15:20
I've seen mice move heavier things... doesn't surprise me at all.

IceAge
05-04-2010, 17:25
I've seen tiny field mice dragging an entire cob of field corn, has to be 8x their size, and they don't seem to have much trouble with it.

Lilred
05-04-2010, 22:32
Then I stand corrected.

LimpsAlong
05-05-2010, 07:20
Then I stand corrected.
Very honorable. Hats off to you. Please excuse my poorly worded responses.

mad4scrapping
05-05-2010, 08:25
I love coming here for the drama. Arguing over a mouse? Really?
LimpsAlong, I believe you.