PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail Video Blog

Lagging Behind
05-07-2010, 06:03
Anyone check out the videos being posted by these people?

http://appalachiantrail2010.blogspot.com/

They have a few videos up about their trip.

I think they sound pretty pretentious, but others may disagree.

commonwealth_hiker
05-07-2010, 10:51
Yeah, pretentious and completely negligent. They lost me when they hid a box of food in the woods and went back to get it in a week.

It actually worked, but that didn't make me any happier about it.

WalkinHome
05-07-2010, 12:48
Yeah, pretentious and completely negligent. They lost me when they hid a box of food in the woods and went back to get it in a week.

It actually worked, but that didn't make me any happier about it.

I am not sure what there is to be unhappy about using a food "cache". It is an old technique that is used by a variety of folks for a variety of reasons. In 2000 the Recycled Teenagers had a few caches along the trail. Saves money and eliminates maildrops. As to pretentions, I didn't get that from them. Although looking new to the trail community (nice bright colors on their clothing LOL) they looked normal to me.

RollingStone
05-07-2010, 14:32
It's illegal in almost all national forests, recreation areas etc. Not to mention, it can get bears killed. Period.

It was simply an irresponsible thing to do, done by "A Lawyer, An Ivy Grad, and a City Chick" who have no outdoor experience.

sidebackside
05-07-2010, 14:46
It's illegal in almost all national forests, recreation areas etc. Not to mention, it can get bears killed. Period.

It was simply an irresponsible thing to do...

I agree Stone.

Spokes
05-07-2010, 15:27

It was simply an irresponsible thing to do, done by "A Lawyer, An Ivy Grad, and a City Chick" who have no outdoor experience.

Yep. Sorta like digging tent trenches.......... it's so 1950's!