PDA

View Full Version : Billville at Trail Days!

Jester2000
05-08-2010, 11:15
For those of you who aren't on the Billville Facebook page, some info and reminders about Billville at Trail Days:

The theme of Billville this year is "Prom." So go out to the local consignment shop and pick up a $2.00 jacket and a $1.00 tie. I know that all hikers own tuxes, but I can't vouch for the safety of your clothing -- whatever you wear could end up covered in mud and cheeseball dust. Just like at my actual Prom.

I also can't vouch for the safety of any hiker chick who shows up in a Prom dress. It's unclear whether the sight of a woman in a dress will leave male Billvillians simply flabbergasted, or if they will dedicate themselves to stalking that woman for the rest of her life. Why not wear a dress and take part in the experiment?

We will have the Billville Useless Gear Contest on Saturday night at 7pm -- so that there is still enough light to see by, and to ensure that most of us are at least capable of staying vertical. The prize box is fairly brimming over, so I'm hoping to see some great entries.

As this is our 10th anniversary, I'd like as many Billvillians as possible to walk in the parade, and if you have the old shirt (gray) or the new anniversary shirt (black), wear it! If you don't have an anniversary shirt, find me and I'll sell you one. I'll even throw in a free sticker!

warraghiyagey
05-08-2010, 11:22
Great. . . the mysgenistic overtones should ensure that the Billville gathering is a sausagefest. . . . :eek:

Jester2000
05-08-2010, 11:23
Oh, one more thing. I'm having a screening of a portion of my PCT movie "Wizards of the PCT" at the Laurel building at 5:30 on Saturday. I'd say that I hope to see you all there, but I think that would violate the maximum occupancy.

Jester2000
05-08-2010, 11:31
Great. . . the mysgenistic overtones should ensure that the Billville gathering is a sausagefest. . . . :eek:

The female members of Billville (and believe it or not they do exist) could better speak as to whether Billvillians are in any way misogynistic (which I think is what you meant to write).

In my experience people without testicles have, over the years, had a wonderful time in Billville. People without a sense of humor have not.

Thanks for the reminder.

warraghiyagey
05-08-2010, 11:36
The female members of Billville (and believe it or not they do exist) could better speak as to whether Billvillians are in any way misogynistic (which I think is what you meant to write).

In my experience people without testicles have, over the years, had a wonderful time in Billville. People without a sense of humor have not.

Thanks for the reminder.
I knew that spelling error was going to revisit me. . . :D

The Old Fhart
05-08-2010, 13:27
Jester2000-"In my experience people without testicles have, over the years, had a wonderful time in Billville."That would include both men and women! :eek:

Jester2000
05-08-2010, 14:32
That would include both men and women! :eek:

Yes, and that brings up a fair point. Some Billvillians are getting older -- and with their eyesight failing chances are that regardless of gender wearing a Prom dress will probably get you some attention.

As for the stalking thing, it's unlikely, really, if only because none of us have that kind of attention span. But even if it were to occur I'd like to think it would be more of the romantic comedy style stalking rather than the "I have a collection of frozen human hands in my basement freezer" variety.

I know, I know, I'm continuing to dig the hole. But there might be beer buried down there!

Anyone interested in sausage should make sure Trail Angel Mary adds it to the menu.

WalkinHome
05-08-2010, 15:24
From the Billville dictionary "stalking" sometimes a verb (depends on how many "lings" have been consumed) which means falling over on to someone not your primary choice" derived from the word "stalk" which is what you were before you fell.

Jack Tarlin
05-08-2010, 17:17
Hey, Jester, that remark about people with lousy eyesight was a bit out of line, especially to those of us who are older and somewhat visually challenged.

If I could only see and find you, we might have to take this one outside.

On another note, any truth to the rumor that the Prom dance is being catered by Sonic?

Certainly glad to hear that you've evidently pulled out the stops this year.

See you on Monday.

Panzer1
05-08-2010, 21:28
As this is our 10th anniversary, I'd like as many Billvillians as possible to walk in the parade, and if you have the old shirt (gray) or the new anniversary shirt (black), wear it!

I don't want to rain on your parade but I think its going to rain on your parade.

Panzer

Jester2000
05-08-2010, 22:10
I don't want to rain on your parade but I think its going to rain on your parade.

Panzer

What would Trail Days be without rain? Um, besides dry.

sasquatch2014
05-08-2010, 22:55
Well just like my real Prom I will not be able to attend this year unlike in High School it has nothing to do with having to reaming at least 1000' ft away from all school grounds or any of the other random restrictions that were placed on me for no deserved reason. I will have to try and catch what remains of all of you at the next gathering.

Heater
05-09-2010, 01:28
In my experience people without testicles have, over the years, had a wonderful time in Billville.

Well, I have a set, so...

Jester2000
05-09-2010, 09:56
Well just like my real Prom I will not be able to attend this year unlike in High School it has nothing to do with having to reaming at least 1000' ft away from all school grounds or any of the other random restrictions that were placed on me for no deserved reason. I will have to try and catch what remains of all of you at the next gathering.

No date. I understand.

SawnieRobertson
05-09-2010, 10:10
Y'all are so funny. It is delightful to enjoy a good laugh on a cool, windy morning the week prior to TD. Bless each and every one of you.--Kinnickinnic

Jester2000
05-09-2010, 17:53
Am heading down this evening with Matty. So if anyone needs to get in touch with me, um, it'll be difficult. But I'll probably be making a trip or two to Abingdon during the week, so leave a message on my cell & I'll get back to you when I get reception.

Hope to see everyone there!

Ron Haven
05-09-2010, 20:14
What would Trail Days be without rain? Um, besides dry. :dance If they'll let me lead the parade this year I'll wear a Billville Shirt

.Maybe let Bag O Tricks walk with me so I can talk him in to not pissin on Jacks tent during the night. :D

TOW
05-10-2010, 08:34
Billville is in the house now! Just spoke to Matty and Jester at Mojo's.........

Newb
05-10-2010, 11:12
I'm bummed that I wont' be able to make Trail Days this year. I hope everyone has a blast. I hate to miss prom :(

RedneckRye
05-10-2010, 11:49
Billville is in the house now! Just spoke to Matty and Jester at Mojo's.........
Who let them inside the house?
Don't you know they aren't trained, I feel bad for your carpet.

Panzer1
05-10-2010, 19:31
you know they are predicting 10 days of rain for Damascus.

Panzer :sun

warraghiyagey
05-10-2010, 19:32
It's the Rainpocalypse. . .

TOW
05-11-2010, 06:48
you know they are predicting 10 days of rain for Damascus.

Panzer :sunslightly, besides what is new for TD's? It always rains............it is going to be warm and muggy too

the goat
05-11-2010, 10:30
sorry to miss prom this year, i'll be on my honeymoon.

i will, however, toast a glass of magic red blaze 10-year reserve in billville's honor from a sandy beach where hopefully it isn't raining.

passinBYE
05-12-2010, 15:40
It was suppose to rain for the last 5 days and has only rained once here.

Local
05-13-2010, 06:55
http://www.traildays.us/images/hywaysign.jpg
A directional sign has been added in the campground for those who tend to get lost.

bfitz
05-13-2010, 07:30
The female members of Billville (and believe it or not they do exist) could better speak as to whether Billvillians are in any way misogynistic I'm pretty sure if any of us did go to medical school at all they certainly didn't graduate, so if you need a misogynist you will probably need a ride to the clinic about 20 miles away...

TOW
05-13-2010, 08:16
http://www.traildays.us/images/hywaysign.jpg
A directional sign has been added in the campground for those who tend to get lost.that should go into the AT museum when TD's is over with...........

bfitz
05-13-2010, 09:23
....unlike in High School it has nothing to do with having to reaming at least 1000' ft away from all school grounds or any of the other random restrictions that were placed on me...No reaming on school grounds huh? I think we had that rule at my prom too....

bfitz
05-13-2010, 09:28
Btw...anyone driving down from anywhere near the DC or Harpers Ferry area friday? I may need a ride!

BAG "o" TRICKS
05-26-2010, 13:44
:dance If they'll let me lead the parade this year I'll wear a Billville Shirt

.Maybe let Bag O Tricks walk with me so I can talk him in to not pissin on Jacks tent during the night. :D

Awh I wouldn't do nothin' like that Ron..,maybe dig a hole under it, but not p on it;)