PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days - 2005

The Scribe
10-25-2004, 21:09
Evening all

I am putting in my vacation days for the year (July to June for me), and would like to plan a trip to Trail Days. It is about 900 miles from where I am in Maine to Damascus.

Looking for advice on when I should arrive (Thursday, Friday, etc) and the same for when things wind down (Sunday? Monday?).

Right now I have asked for the Thursday and Friday before and the Monday and Tuesday after.

Want to experience all it has to offer so what do you think?

Thanks in advance

pcm

A-Train
10-25-2004, 21:19
PCM

Things usually kick off friday afternoon. I arrived friday, around noonish and it seems most non-hiking folks were starting to pull in all morning. Saturday is a major day because of the hiker parade. Sunday, most folks were either leaving to go home after breakfast, or going to Kincorra/elsewhere for Hardcore Trail Crew. So arriving thursday night or friday morn would be optimal. Rather than hang around till monday or tuesday, why not add in some hiking? You can either scope out the nearby Grayson Highlands or hit any number of trail crossings driving north. In fact I81 practically parallels the AT for a long time, and you can see many trail towns on the exit signs. I did this last yr and stopped at Catawba, Linden and Port Clinton en route to home. Got some short hikes in, an overnihgt and did a ton of trailmagic too. Gave lots of rides, a fun way to keep the spirit of TD's.

Maybe i'll see you there

fitz
10-26-2004, 15:48
I Am New To Whiteblaze And To The World Of Hiking. When Will Traildays Take Place In 2005.

Thanks
Fitz

Lone Wolf
10-26-2004, 15:53
May 12-15 2005

fitz
10-26-2004, 16:00
L.wolf Thanks For The Quick Reply. I Will Put The Date On My Calender.

Fitz

The Scribe
10-26-2004, 18:33
Found out today that three of the days through out the year I put in for are already holidays so maybe I will extend a couple of days after the TD weekend and do exactly what you suggest.

Thanks for the advice and it would be cool to see you there.

pcm