PDA

View Full Version : Where to get to a fuel canniter (for the MSR Pocket Rocket).

dan213
05-10-2010, 23:06
I can't seem to find a cannister online anywhere without getting hit with a $23 dollar shipping fee for hazardous material.

Where's the best place to get a cannister for this?

Thanks in advance.

RedneckRye
05-10-2010, 23:15
Go into store that sells hiking or camping equipment.
Canisters are interchangeable, so if they don't have MSR get one from JetBoil, SnowPeak, Primus, etc.

dan213
05-10-2010, 23:21
Canisters are interchangeable, so if they don't have MSR get one from JetBoil, SnowPeak, Primus, etc.

ah. thank you very much.

Cookerhiker
05-11-2010, 08:11

The "etc" also includes Coleman.

sizemj
05-11-2010, 09:36
The Coleman canisters are sold at Wally -World in my neck of the woods (KY). About 4.50 if I remember correct and they work fine with my pocket-rocket.

Old Hiker
05-11-2010, 09:52
The Coleman canisters are sold at Wally -World in my neck of the woods (KY). About 4.50 if I remember correct and they work fine with my pocket-rocket.

I've had 50/50 luck with the Coleman canisters and my Pocket Rocket. Some of the cans will work, others will not. I'm not sure why. I was glad I tried them out BEFORE hiking. Coleman has a slightly heavier version of the Pocket Rocket for $25+/- that works fine with the Coleman cans.

Cookerhiker
05-11-2010, 11:09
I've had 50/50 luck with the Coleman canisters and my Pocket Rocket. Some of the cans will work, others will not. I'm not sure why. I was glad I tried them out BEFORE hiking. Coleman has a slightly heavier version of the Pocket Rocket for $25+/- that works fine with the Coleman cans.

I have the Coleman Ultralight canister stove and didn't think it was heavier than the Pocket Rocket but mine was $49. The Coleman UL works with all canisters I've usd, not just Coleman.