PDA

View Full Version : Help save Craig...a fellow hiker and true friend

melissakelsey
05-11-2010, 00:54
As hikers and travelers, most of us have experienced moments in which a complete stranger helped us in a time of crisis.

Craig Dion is a 26-year-old native of Hudson, New Hampshire. For a long time now, it has been his dream to hike the Appalachian Trail. He had been planning on starting the trail this past March, and even purchased his equipment and finalized preparations. A few weeks before he was scheduled to start the trail, he was diagnosed with alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a very rare form of cancer, that had already spread to his bone marrow. Because he was not working as a result of starting the hike, he had no health insurance at the time of diagnosis. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy, but his medical bills are growing astronomically every day.

Just a little bit about him and his family. His parents did not even know me;
I was a complete stranger to them, but they welcomed me into their home and fed me. Craig is an incredible musician. Even though he has been diagnosed with cancer, he continues to write music to comfort others. He is the kind of person who is completely honest, a true friend.

I know that as hikers and travelers, none of us have any money, but I wanted to alert the AT community to the situation. Even a $5 or $10 donation would help his family pay his medical bills.

At the following site, you can download Craig's music for free (it is awesome!), read more about his condition and make financial donations if you wish:

www.savecraig.org

Also, more music is available at:
www.myspace.com/craighickdion

Nean
05-11-2010, 03:15
I hope your friend can beat this- cancer sucks.:(