PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Monson going north on 5-15

Invictus
05-11-2010, 20:36
Doing the 100 mile wilderness portion going north starting on saturday. was wondering if any of you have any advice on potential high water conditions at the crossings of the pleasant and big wilson stream.

warraghiyagey
05-11-2010, 20:43
Doing the 100 mile wilderness portion going north starting on saturday. was wondering if any of you have any advice on potential high water conditions at the crossings of the pleasant and big wilson stream.
Hey, We forded Big Wilson 2 weekends ago and it was quite low mor may. . . cold as heck, but quite low and the trails were dry. . . have a great hike. . . I'll be in Monson Friday night - stayin at Shaws, checkin out the Friday night jam again at the General Store. . . :sun:sun

Invictus
05-11-2010, 21:14
Hey, We forded Big Wilson 2 weekends ago and it was quite low mor may. . . cold as heck, but quite low and the trails were dry. . . have a great hike. . . I'll be in Monson Friday night - stayin at Shaws, checkin out the Friday night jam again at the General Store. . . :sun:sun
Hello Warraghiyagey, thanks for that info. Did you come all the way through from abol? I am really pumped to get on the trail. I will be driving in on saturday morning early. planning on leaving the trail head at 6 a.m.

warraghiyagey
05-12-2010, 08:24
No, we only had one night so we drove in by Bodfish, with a great view of the Barren Ledges and Slide and then hiked in to Wilson Valley, then out the other way the next morning, crossed Big Wilson and looped back around to the truck. . . :)

Lead Dog
05-12-2010, 09:56
Hey Invictus let me know how your trip goes. I'll be doing the 100 ml wilderness come Aug. Hope the fords aren't too bad and the weather is good for you.

Invictus
05-12-2010, 18:05
Hey Invictus let me know how your trip goes. I'll be doing the 100 ml wilderness come Aug. Hope the fords aren't too bad and the weather is good for you.
I certainly will Lead Dog. Very anxious to get on the trail. Looking forward to a good hike~

boarstone
05-13-2010, 06:23
Snow still on Whitecap/Chairback range in the dips and on the north sides. I just did the Little Boardman Mt over to Whitecap TH north side last weekend as an overnight. Lots of blowdowns, streams pretty normal for this time of year. Cold of course, trail dry, bugs are out, black flies and mosquitoes and it's COLD nights!

Invictus
05-13-2010, 07:01
Snow still on Whitecap/Chairback range in the dips and on the north sides. I just did the Little Boardman Mt over to Whitecap TH north side last weekend as an overnight. Lots of blowdowns, streams pretty normal for this time of year. Cold of course, trail dry, bugs are out, black flies and mosquitoes and it's COLD nights!
Thanks for that Boarstone! Sounds good.

Migrating Bird
05-13-2010, 07:09
Thanks Boarstone, I am starting SOBO from Katahdin on the 30th or 1st.