PDA

View Full Version : nevados shoes/boots

juma
05-14-2010, 19:10
I saw these in sportsmansguide.com. they were 29 bux each and made in china like all the other stuff. I decided I'd order a set of the deluge trail shoe and the talus mid. looked pretty darn good. the shoe weighed 13.4 ounces for a size 11 and the mid was 1pound 4 ounces - not bad. the shoe has really wide open mesh and more like a sandle and should drain easily and be cool. the mid is tighter weave. both feel fairfy tight in the heel on my narrow foot. the front seems wider but I tightened it down nicely. the trail shoe probably needs a good footbed insert but the mid comes with what looks like a pretty solid footbed. neither has the thick stiff floor of the montrail hardrock but I think they'll work fine on most trail. I'm taking the shoes out to the shenandoah tomorrow for a 18 mile dayhike. anything notable, I'll report.

juma
07-21-2010, 09:20
I wore the mids over a 2-day hike of crawford gap to pinkham gap over mt. washington. they worked great in all the rock.

GrubbyJohn
07-21-2010, 10:03
found a pair of the talus mids at shoe carnval for the same price. for my section hike next month. great feeling boot but like your said not alot of thickness in the sole. but hell i got them for a section hike next month.and they feel great and cheeeeeep.

karo
07-21-2010, 15:06
Buyer Beware! The last time I broke my ankle was wearing a pair of these worthless shoes/boots. Get yourself a better pair of boots for safetys sake.

moon424
08-26-2010, 04:37
Thanks to everyone, I'm still undecided to choose the best nevados shoes/boots. Who can help me?