PDA

View Full Version : Attention TN AT hikers

MedicineMan
10-26-2004, 23:13
I'm trying to get the ball rolling on a TN AT license plate.
If you know the ball is already rolling let me know and I'll stop pushing the ball.
If you know its not then send an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Dr. Patton is just one representative you can e-mail about this issue. I chose him because he is a former professor of mine many years ago (and I dont know or care if he is Dem or Rep.)

So if you have an interest in this let him know.

To see what they are doing in NC:

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/trailnews/nc_plate.html

The money goes to a good cause of course and the plate shows pride in the AT.

Thanks ahead of time.

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 10:45
The money goes to a good cause of course and the plate shows pride in the AT.

I'm a Tennessee resident with a Clemson University vanity plate.

You might want to double check about where the extra money actually goes in Tennessee. My understanding is that it does NOT go to whatever cause, but into the State's general fund. Someone else may know for sure and share that info with us.

Rain Man

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 11:21
my money is on da RAINMAN :sun

The Solemates
10-27-2004, 12:06
I would certainly be interested in a TN AT plate. If you could do a Clemson/AT plate combo, I would be all up on that. :)

Rain Man
10-27-2004, 14:18
... If you could do a Clemson/AT plate combo, I would be all up on that. :)

DANG... now THAT would be sumthin'!!!!!! Better'n a blaze orange bandana with a Tiger Paw on it. LOL
:banana
Rain Man

Jaybird
10-27-2004, 17:30
hey...i thought only the guys behind the BIG BARS could..." make those Tennessee Plates....." (John Hiatt song)....hehehehehehehe :D

count me in if we can get an A.T. style TN plate...but i do beleive the extra bucks goes into the states GENERAL TILL....to bad!

but, i'd even be willing to give up my "geeky" ham radio emergency call sign tags:

KC4ZPE

hey RainMan...didnt know you were a CLEMSON man!

Percival
10-27-2004, 20:35
How about VA?

Lilred
10-28-2004, 20:19
I have a Smoky Mountain tag, and a percentage of the profits goes to the organization, Friends of the Smokies. The rest goes in a general fund. I think the organization made around 100,000 dollars off the plates last year.