PDA

View Full Version : Crocs make me bleed

Spot In The Sky
05-16-2010, 10:10
I got a pair of Crocs for my upcoming hike and they are SUPER comfortable and light but I find that they cut my skin on both feet on the petruding bone on the outside of each foot just below the ankle.

Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fix it? Im past my 30 day purchase so I cant return them- but I really like the way they fit and comfort and support they give, i just dont like bleeding.

Thanks!

Toolshed
05-16-2010, 10:21
Is it when the hell strap is up. down or doesn't matter?
You could sand down the edge of the croc a little (or the bones :) ) and see if that helps. Another thing is to get some bunion pads/foam or duct tape or both and place it on the offending spot on the crocs.

jlb2012
05-16-2010, 12:29
seems to me fairly easy just to cut off the part of the crocs that is causing the problem

STICK
05-16-2010, 12:36
Wow, I have never heard of that. I don't really see how it could happen after going through 4 pairs either. Is the heel strap lowered to the back of the heel? If so, just flip it towards the front of the Croc. This is how I have always wore mine, except for a few times when river crossing, or something like this.

Also, do you have the right size? The Crocs are supposed to fit very loose. Actually the side of your feet, or even the tips of your toes are not supposed to hit the edges of the inside of the Crocs.

I hope you can fix it. I love my Crocs. They are very comfy!

daddytwosticks
05-16-2010, 13:20
Sounds like the crocs are biting? :)

Spot In The Sky
05-16-2010, 16:25
Its the side of the Trailbreak, I cant really cut it off. Has anyone ever worn these??
file:///Users/Kevyn/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.pnghttp://www.crocs.com/crocs-trailbreak/10375,default,pd.html?cid=200&cgid=men-footwear&prefn1=use&prefv1=hiking

Kinda where the logo is, it only happens on the outside of the foot.
Maybe I should buy a different model? What do you guys use?

TheCheek
05-16-2010, 16:31
Crocs without socs is no good.

Pedaling Fool
05-16-2010, 16:31
When I first walked a mile barefoot on pavement my feet got bloodblisters, now that doesn't happen. Just keep wearing them and your feet will stop bleeding.

Spot In The Sky
05-16-2010, 16:36
Crocs without socs is no good.

Most people dont wear them barefoot? I know they feel great with socks on but i figured on the trail I wouldnt really have the low socks since im taking boots and hiking socks.

Pedaling Fool
05-16-2010, 16:41
Most people dont wear them barefoot?
Most do wear them barefoot; at least everyone I've seen.

STICK
05-16-2010, 17:25
I wear socks with them while at work, and on the trail I only use them for river crossings and at camp, which depending on time of year I sometimes wear them with socks at camp, but not for river crossings. I don't necessarily hike in them though.

I haven't used the Trailbreaks, I use the typical Crocs. My son has a pair that was donated to him and he loves them. They are almost too small for him now, but he has never complained of any pain with them. I actually just got him a pair of Teva's so he probably won't use the Trailbreaks anymore.

Anyway, those do fit closer and tighter than the other Crocs, so still make sure that you have the right size. You may could also use a small piece of duct tape on your foot where it is rubbing, and maybe you will get used to them. If they get worse, I wouldn't use them though.

Good luck.

TheCheek
05-17-2010, 07:09
Can't tell if John gault was serious, but that's a lol either way.
New slogan: Crocs: Your feet will bleed, suck it up.

I think your choices are:
don't wear crocs
wear crocs with socks
wear crocs without socks and learn to enjoy the blood and pain

jlb2012
05-17-2010, 07:52
looking at the pic - it still looks like you could cut a hole without compromising the structure but anyways - another option is the usual ducttape your feet option

Mags
05-17-2010, 09:15
I know the stock holders of crocs are bleeding a bit.. :D

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ul0&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=crocs+layoffs&aq=0&aqi=g1g-ms1&aql=&oq=crocs+lay&gs_rfai=

http://www.google.com/search?q=crocs+files+for+bankruptcy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

(They did not file for bankruptcy..but were/are darn close...)

Connie
05-17-2010, 15:34
I use Classic crocs for camp and for water crossings, if not my Speedo water shoes.

Those "trail" models, no way. But I do not hike in crocs or in sandals.

I hike in sturdy trail runners.

Maybe you would like Salomon Amphibians for water and for trail?