PDA

View Full Version : Threads disappearing?

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 08:30
Yesterday there was a thread discussing politics here in the OFF TOPIC section of the Forum, and this morning I notice it's gone without a trace or an explanation. Anyone care to shed a little light on what happened? Did it devolve into personal attacks or something?

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 08:38
It's simple. The very few on here who are choosing Bush next Tuesday were being harassed and ridiculed by the majority of leftist liberals. :)
Bush/Cheney 04

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 08:40
It's simple. The very few on here who are choosing Bush next Tuesday were being harassed and ridiculed by the majority of leftist liberals. :)
Bush/Cheney 04

Geez, and I though it was the other way around. :D

Ya know, you're not paranoid if they are really after you. I find that thought comforting.

bailyrosco
10-27-2004, 08:41
I don't believe it is as few as you might think. :-?

Israel
10-27-2004, 08:49
Bush/Cheney 04

Lone Wolf,
You don't like Kerry???!!! He's great.
The good thing about voting for John Kerry is that you can vote
for him b/c he is great. You can also vote for him because he is evil.
You can ALSO vote for him because he is great but before he was evil.
That is what is so good about John Kerry, you can vote for him for any
reason you want because he is for every side of every issue. Really
though, he was against some sides of some issues before he decided to
be for both sides of every issue but now, thankfully, he is for every
side of every issue.

It's not easy to defend every side of every issue Lone Wolf. I think if you follow this link and see this ad, you WILL agree, John Kerry is our man!

http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/

Hahaha. Be sure to have your speakers on before clicking the link or you will miss it.

The Eleven
10-27-2004, 08:52
Probably became too heated....webmaster might have removed it.

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 08:53
Geez, and I though it was the other way around. :D

Ya know, you're not paranoid if they are really after you. I find that thought comforting.

Just because your a PARANOID doeasn't mean that THEY are NOT after you!

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 09:01
For the record I deleted my own posts in that thread before the whole thing got whacked. Discussing politics and religion brings out the best in folks. :D

Alligator
10-27-2004, 09:20
For the record I deleted my own posts in that thread before the whole thing got whacked. Discussing politics and religion brings out the best in folks. :D
I saw that, you softening up;) ?

MOWGLI
For the record I deleted my own posts in that thread before the whole thing got whacked.

And its a good thing 'cause A-Train was getting the better of you. :D

Lone Wolf
At least this site isn't like that prissy AMC site that recently shut down one of it's forums for discussing "indian summer" :)

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 09:22
I saw that, you softening up;) ?

he's sobering up, he'll eventually become a LIBERAL, more sober he gets :D

Bolo
10-27-2004, 09:25
Probably became too heated....webmaster might have removed it.
Didn't become 'too heated;' became grossly sexual.

-MYST-
10-27-2004, 09:44
We are the Appalachian Trail community. We all love the trail. We all the love and want to protect the enviroment. Bush is deffinately a problem when it comes to the enviroment and we need a solution, an answer to that problem, Unfortunately the democratic party needs to get it's head out of the ground and pick someoone we can proudly vote for. So this year as in every other year it comes down to picking the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately I feel, it is not who the democratic party has given us to vote on. John Kerry is not the answer and John Kerry is not getting my vote.The web link that Israel put up this morning is worth checking out, please don't miss it. I will paste it below.

http://www.wabcradio.com/listingsentryheadline.asp?ID=259078&PT=WABC+News
:banana

SavageLlama
10-27-2004, 10:40
That's lame. Threads shouldn't be deleted.

Anyone that wants censorship can go over to wingfoot's site.

minnesotasmith
10-27-2004, 10:42
I've twice tried to post a poll in the "Polls" section, and it just won't take.

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 10:58

Anyone that wants censorship can go over to wingfoot's site.

while I agree about censorship, I 'll have to say that ATTROLL is very slow about taking away a thread. He allows POVs and Issues to be discussed here even ones he is personally opposed to, I suspect that anything that TROLL "censors" was probably pretty gross. not saying he is perfect but he does a damn good job and is slow on the draw as far as it come to making a decision to 'censor". thanks ATTROLL, great open site.

Skyline
10-27-2004, 11:00
I am under no illusion that John Kerry would be the best president of my lifetime, though we could be happily surprised. But there is no doubt at all in my mind that Bush has been the worst.

Despite attempts by the Matt Drudges & Sean Hannitys of our media to paint Kerry in a box, I believe Kerry's policies and thoughtful weighing of options/building partnerships with allies like Daddy Bush did in '90-'91 will keep us safer than Dubya has with his rogue cowboy, go-it-alone, arrogant ways when it comes to international issues and terrorism. I don't believe for one minute that Kerry (or Al Gore, for that matter) would have taken his focus off the big prize, Osama Bin Laden and the rest of Al Queda, in favor of $200 billion, 1,000 American lives (and still counting) to start a war with the already-contained and impotent Saddam Hussein. The Dubya/Cheney/Rumsfeld ineptness has allowed Al Queda to regroup, multiply all over the world, and the next big attack on the U.S. (likely coming no matter who wins the election) can be laid directly at Bush's feet. I don't want this crowd making the NEXT Big Decisions.

And of course, for 95% of the issues we as hikers, backpackers, and friends of the wilderness/environment care about--Bush has been the most evil president we've ever had. In less than four years, he has undone almost everything good and substituted much bad.

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 11:06

Sure, but allowing the discourse to sink to the subject of intercourse is pretty lame too. AFter all, most of us are adults here.

max patch
10-27-2004, 11:57
But there is no doubt at all in my mind that Bush has been the worst.
You must be too young to remember Jimmy Carter.

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 12:06

I'm not to young to remember Jimmy, as a matter of fact I bought and paid for my first property during the Carter years.

If we as a nation had listened to Jimmy, we would not be in the quagmire mess in the middle east today.

Jimmy unlike the present adminstration understood the need to conserve and start developing alternative energy, if we had done so then we would not be in the crisis now. but folks want big houses and cars, and lots of toys, so they don't want to hear about things like conservation and lifestyle changes.

GIMME JIMMY... :banana

we should have listened to Jimmy..if we had the world would be a safer palce today...WWJD what would Jimmy do!

Alligator
10-27-2004, 12:17
You must be too young to remember Jimmy Carter.Carter did not explode the federal deficit anywhere near the level this president has, did not have a net loss of jobs under his administration, and helped broker peace in the Middle East between Egypt and Israel.

Oh, and he went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize. Somehow I don't see that in Bush's future.

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 12:23
Won't be long before this thread disappears too. :D
Bush/Cheney 04

Chappy
10-27-2004, 12:24
My oldest son's wife is from Plains, GA. I'm very familiar with Prez Jimmy. When I was in Desert Storm my wife sat with him at the church homecoming for the Plains Methodist Church. didn't go into the Army until shortly after his tenure as Commander in Chief, but effects of his decisions were still lingering. They say familiarity breeds contempt. Maybe that's why I detest his politics. Nice man, but when it comes to politics he comes up short.

Read an interesting article today about a gift shop owner in Plains. He says he's probably the only one who hates to see the presidential political season come to a close. Says he's the largest "political" gift shop in GA. Also said Bush/Cheney giftware outsells Kerry/Edwards by 10 to 1. So...I guess that means Bush wins! :)

SavageLlama
10-27-2004, 12:28
Sure, but allowing the discourse to sink to the subject of intercourse is pretty lame too. AFter all, most of us are adults here.I missed the intercourse comments, but i thought the idea behind an off-topic forum was to let people discuss things that are "off topic" :-?

steve hiker
10-27-2004, 12:43
Jimmy Carter didn't go after the Constitution like Bush has. Remember the "Patriot" Act? It clothed the Justice Department with "secret police" powers to order warrantless searches -- without judicial review and in total secrecy. Under that Act, someone served with a search order was prohibited from consulting with an attorney or even challenging the order in court.

A federal judge in New York struck down the secrecy and warrantless searches provisions of the Act a couple months ago as unconstitutional, in a strongly worded opinion. But until then, hundreds or thousands of U.S. citizens were ordered to turn over their personal and business records in total silence, with an instruction that they could tell nobody and could not seek legal advise.

And don't forget, the Bush Administration will appeal the decision of the federal court in New York. We are not safe from this traitor yet. Get him out of there!

Blue Jay
10-27-2004, 12:44

Jimmy started a war for no reason?? Jimmy systematically gutted the EPA??
Jimmy bankrupted the Treasury?? Compared to Bush, Jimmy was Thomas Jefferson.

steve hiker
10-27-2004, 12:49
Jimmy unlike the present adminstration understood the need to conserve and start developing alternative energy, if we had done so then we would not be in the crisis now.
One of the first things Reagan did was to remove the solar panels that Jimmy Carter had installed on the White House.

Reagan's vice president was Bush senior, and now we have junior in there with the same wasteful mentality but half the I.Q. 16 years of idiots is enough.

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 12:53
Jimmy might be a little short in the polyticks dept...he is an itelligent man that puts reason and real values above political agenda.

as much as I diagree with xian ideology/theology I can say that Jimmy is a man who not only believes IN Jesus but also tries to believe LIKE Jesus, Jimmy was born and raised a southern baptist, a life long sunday school teacher for them, until a few years ago when he 'resigned and renounced" the SBC ,

Jimmy is one of the MOST intelligent men that has ever held the office of President.

Dubya on the other hand. ;)

Jersey Bob
10-27-2004, 12:59
I missed the intercourse comments, but i thought the idea behind an off-topic forum was to let people discuss things that are "off topic" :-?......DITTO !

A-Train
10-27-2004, 13:03
Yeah, I don;t remember any intercourse comments...

lobster
10-27-2004, 13:18
I get a kick out of Kerry saying that Bush let Osama escape from Tora Bora. No one knows whether he was actually there or where he is now. Blanket statements like that are the realm of little minds.

As far as anybody knows, Osama could be dead.

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 13:21
I missed the intercourse comments, but i thought the idea behind an off-topic forum was to let people discuss things that are "off topic" :-?

Yeah, I don't remember any intercourse comments...

In posting # 13 of this thread, Bolo wrote:

Didn't become 'too heated;' became grossly sexual.

The intercourse word was mine, 'cause it rhymed with discourse.

steve hiker
10-27-2004, 13:42
I bet a big old b-b-b-bear showed up and everybody ran.

Blue Jay
10-27-2004, 13:51
Jimmy is one of the MOST intelligent men that has ever held the office of President.

No wonder Max Patch, and many other people who like Bush, believe him to be the worst president. Actually I think that is the main reason ANYONE votes for George. He makes it seem like anyone could be president. If he can do it, the debates sure brought out his lack of any intelligence, any one can.

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 13:51
I get a kick out of Kerry saying that Bush let Osama escape from Tora Bora. No one knows whether he was actually there or where he is now.

Actually, I remember quite clearly the headlines from December 2001, cause I was amazed at what I read. I think we sent a pretty clear message to the enemy that we were afraid to take casualties when we hesitated to send our troops into Tora Bora. Instead we used the Northern Alliance as our surrogate army, and it now seems that Bin Laden paid them more than the Pentagon did to let Al Qaeda flee into Pakistan.

Here are the headlines (verbatim) from the NY Times (at the time, I was living in NY and reading the paper nearly cover to cover every day), and all of this is based on the information released by the administration (Pentagon) during this period of time, so please don't blame liberal bias.

Dec 12, 2001 - BIN LADEN IS IN 'SHRINKING AREA'

Dec 13, 2001 - New Deadline Set for Qaeda After Deal on Surrender Fails

Dec 14, 2001 - ALLIED FORCES SAY THEY'VE CORNERED OSAMA BIN LADEN

Dec 16, 2001 - U.S. Bombing Continues as Al Qaeda Fighters Talk of Surrender

Dec 16, 2001 - U.S. Believes It Has Recorded Radio Messages From bin Laden

Dec 18, 2001 - AL QAEDA FLEEING TOWARD PAKISTAN, U.S. OFFICIALS SAY

Dec 19, 2001 - THE ESCAPE; QAEDA SURVIVORS BY THE HUNDREDS SAID TO DISAPPEAR

Dec 20, 2001 - THE HUNT; MARINES AND ARMY MAY SCOUR CAVES, U.S. GENERAL SAYS

Dec 22, 2001 - THE GROUND WAR; More American Troops Are Ordered to Join Cave-to-Cave Search for Al Qaeda

Dec 27, 2001 - THE MILITARY; U.S. PUTTING OFF PLAN TO USE G.I.'S IN AFGHAN CAVES

Dec 28, 2001 - THE FUGITIVE; Bin Laden Fled Into Pakistan, Afghans Report

Dec 29, 2001 - HUNTING FUGITIVES; Afghans and Pakistanis at Odds on Whereabouts of bin Laden; Bombing Is Waning

Dec 30, 2001 - NEW PRIORITIES; Hunt for bin Laden Loses Steam As Winter Grips Afghan Caves

Blue Jay
10-27-2004, 13:55
As far as anybody knows, Osama could be dead.

Then why are we still so scared. A few guys with boxcutters turn the greatest, most powerful nation on earth into BearScared.

ga>me>ak
10-27-2004, 14:08
Hush little George, don't you cry
Daddy's gonna buy you an alibi

And if that alibi don't work
Daddy's gonna bribe you a county clerk

And if that county clerk won't bribe
Don't you worry, daddy's got Congress on his side

An if Congress ain't on his side
Maybe it's time to kiss your ass goodbye :banana

Sorry, I couldn't resist

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 14:11
State Avg. IQ 2000
1 Connecticut 113 Gore
2 Massachusetts 111 Gore
3 New Jersey 111 Gore
4 New York 109 Gore
5 Rhode Island 107 Gore
6 Hawaii 106 Gore
7 Maryland 105 Gore
8 New Hampshire 105 Bush
9 Illinois 104 Gore
10 Delaware 103 Gore
11 Minnesota 102 Gore
12 Vermont 102 Gore
13 Washington 102 Gore
14 California 101 Gore
15 Pennsylvania 101 Gore
16 Maine 100 Gore
17 Virginia 100 Bush
18 Wisconsin 100 Gore
19 Colorado 99 Bush
20 Iowa 99 Gore
21 Michigan 99 Gore
22 Nevada 99 Bush
23 Ohio 99 Bush
24 Oregon 99 Gore
25 Alaska 98 Bush
26 Florida 98 Bush
27 Missouri 98 Bush
28 Kansas 96 Bush
29 Nebraska 95 Bush
30 Arizona 94 Bush
31 Indiana 94 Bush
32 Tennessee 94 Bush
33 North Carolina 93 Bush
34 West Virginia 93 Bush
35 Arkansas 92 Bush
36 Georgia 92 Bush
37 Kentucky 92 Bush
38 New Mexico 92 Gore
39 North Dakota 92 Bush
40 Texas 92 Bush
41 Alabama 90 Bush
42 Louisiana 90 Bush
43 Montana 90 Bush
44 Oklahoma 90 Bush
45 South Dakota 90 Bush
46 South Carolina 89 Bush
47 Wyoming 89 Bush
48 Idaho 87 Bush
49 Utah 87 Bush
50 Mississippi 85 Bush

Alligator
10-27-2004, 14:35
Sorry SMS, I see a pattern, HOAX!
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/bush_iq/

Jack Tarlin
10-27-2004, 14:41
Wiping out an entire thread because of a few objectionable posts seems like overkill to me......why not just remove those few posts instead of the whole shebang?

I think it's important to have a separate "Off-Topic" section as it helps keep this sort of stuff from seeping into other categories and discussions; it's also a good way for people who wish to avoid these non-Trail dialogues to easily do so.

To sum up: I think that with the exception of extremely inappropriate posts, there should be a fairly open-handed treatment of the OT threads and posts, and if things get out of hand, then the individual post should be dealt with. If it's a persistent problem, then the individual poster can be dealt with. But to arbitrarily wipe out a whole thread because of a few unpleasant or off-color remarks seems a bit much; I also hope that in future, when a thread is wiped out like that, there's an immediate explanation from site administration on why this is being done.

I sure hope this doesn't start happening often.

Skyline
10-27-2004, 14:57

First president I recall was Eisenhower, tho I was born when Truman was in the White House.

Until Shrub, I thought the worst president (in my lifetime) was Nixon. He now looks good compared to Dubya.

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 15:10
www.kerrysucks.com :D
Go Bush!

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 15:20
Sign seen in Chattanooga, TN today (really):

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5472/password/0/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Jack Tarlin
10-27-2004, 15:36
Very amusing, but I kinda preferred the one I saw on Main Street in Erwin last week, which almost made us go off the road we were laughing so hard. I didn't have a camera with me, but here's another version:

www.nrapvf.org/media/pdf/doghunt.htm

Jersey Bob
10-27-2004, 15:41
I also hope that in future, when a thread is wiped out like that, there's an immediate explanation from site administration on why this is being done.

I sure hope this doesn't start happening often.I saved admin the trouble of deleting any more of my posts. I deleted the remaining 190 myself... not that I contributed much anyway.

It's been nice gang. Happy Hiking!

Bob

-MYST-
10-27-2004, 15:45
Here are the headlines (verbatim) from the NY Times (at the time, I was living in NY and reading the paper nearly cover to cover every day), and all of this is based on the information released by the administration (Pentagon) during this period of time, so please don't blame liberal bias.

Dec 12, 2001 - BIN LADEN IS IN 'SHRINKING AREA'

Dec 13, 2001 - New Deadline Set for Qaeda After Deal on Surrender Fails

Dec 14, 2001 - ALLIED FORCES SAY THEY'VE CORNERED OSAMA BIN LADEN

Dec 16, 2001 - U.S. Bombing Continues as Al Qaeda Fighters Talk of Surrender

Dec 16, 2001 - U.S. Believes It Has Recorded Radio Messages From bin Laden

Dec 18, 2001 - AL QAEDA FLEEING TOWARD PAKISTAN, U.S. OFFICIALS SAY

Dec 19, 2001 - THE ESCAPE; QAEDA SURVIVORS BY THE HUNDREDS SAID TO DISAPPEAR

Dec 20, 2001 - THE HUNT; MARINES AND ARMY MAY SCOUR CAVES, U.S. GENERAL SAYS

Dec 22, 2001 - THE GROUND WAR; More American Troops Are Ordered to Join Cave-to-Cave Search for Al Qaeda

Dec 27, 2001 - THE MILITARY; U.S. PUTTING OFF PLAN TO USE G.I.'S IN AFGHAN CAVES

Dec 28, 2001 - THE FUGITIVE; Bin Laden Fled Into Pakistan, Afghans Report

Dec 29, 2001 - HUNTING FUGITIVES; Afghans and Pakistanis at Odds on Whereabouts of bin Laden; Bombing Is Waning

Dec 30, 2001 - NEW PRIORITIES; Hunt for bin Laden Loses Steam As Winter Grips Afghan Caves[/QUOTE]

I guess there could be no chance at all of the NY times being a leftist controlled liberally biased newspaper as are most media sources in this nation.

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 15:47
Why you still lurking Bob?

robo
10-27-2004, 16:03
i was kicked off another site for asking if we could leave the election in the parking lot at springer & not carry it up the trail next year,
we did that 30 yrs. ago
i have my reasons for how i'll vote ,
it's the hate part of this election that gets on my nerves.
i hope on nov. 3 we can put it behind us
we'll survive whoever wins

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 16:22
I guess there could be no chance at all of the NY times being a leftist controlled liberally biased newspaper as are most media sources in this nation.

Well their editorial page certainly leans left, but to ANY objective individual, the NY Times is indisputably one of the best, if not THE best newspaper in America.

Also, December 2001 was a time (oh so long ago) when the nation was united in the war on terrorism. If the NY Times had been pedaling leftist propoganda at that time, we ALL would have heard about it. No one would have tolerated it. In fact, the paper won a Pulitzer Prize for its coverage of the war in 2001.

The fact is, that the headlines that I posted above were based on the information that the Pentagon was releasing at the time, and if you recall, information flow was VERY tightly controlled out of Afghanistan. In other words, if the Administration wants to spin this in 2004, they are spinning their own words.

Pencil Pusher
10-27-2004, 16:47
You sure the thread got deleted and not moved to the Non-AT forum?

Flash Hand
10-27-2004, 17:26
while I agree about censorship, I 'll have to say that ATTROLL is very slow about taking away a thread. He allows POVs and Issues to be discussed here even ones he is personally opposed to, I suspect that anything that TROLL "censors" was probably pretty gross. not saying he is perfect but he does a damn good job and is slow on the draw as far as it come to making a decision to 'censor". thanks ATTROLL, great open site.

I have to agree with you about this. This forum is one of my most favorite because it is very benefitical. I never have a problem letting everyone else know about this forum. Censorship is necessary if things goes other way or out of control. We need police to control the riots.

Job well done, ATTroll. :clap

Flash Hand :jump

SavageLlama
10-27-2004, 17:52
This ought to help everyone visualize the election..

http://www.clowntech.com/win04/vote.htm

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 18:27
seems like overkill to me......

words from an EXPERT on the subject :D

steve hiker
10-27-2004, 18:48
You sure the thread got deleted and not moved to the Non-AT forum?
The thread has not been deleted. :) It has been moved to the Non-AT Forums group, in the Politics subforum. You must subscribe to the Non-AT Forums group to even see it in the forums index. To subscribe:

Go to User CP in the control panel. Scroll down and, near the bottom you'll see a button for "Group Memberships" (right above the "Group Sex" group). Click on Group Memberships, then subscribe to Non-AT Forums. The Non-AT Forums group and its sub-forums will then appear in the main forum index, right above all the regular threads. The thread in question Maine newspaper: Bush is ruining Kennebec and AT is in the politics subforum.

Just posted again in the thread. First post since last night when it was moved. It's alive and breathing well.

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 18:57
See that? Jersey Bob got in a big huff over nothing. :D

Jack Tarlin
10-27-2004, 19:06
Willk--

You are 100% correct; I just found the re-located thread. Those that wish to view it or take part in it can join the Non-AT Forums Group, as you pointed out. So thanks, Will, for sharing this information with us.

And my regrets to site administration for the tone of my above post; I still feel that if a post is killed, it should be done as a last resort, and should be accompanied with an announcement, but that is obviously NOT what has happened here. This was was a Non-AT thread and was quite rightly re-located to an appropriate location. My accusation of "overkill" or heavy-handedness on the part of WB administration was unjustified; on the contrary, I think that the site administrators are very restrained with editorial control on the website,and I'm sure this is appreciated by all of us.

smokymtnsteve
10-27-2004, 19:14
start your own forum Jack and run it as you please

steve hiker
10-27-2004, 19:15
It took 55 posts and 18 hours for us dumbasses to figure it out. :( :bse I wouldn't have known either if Pencil P hadn't posed the question, since I wasn't subscribed to the Non-AT forum until a few minutes ago. It took some searching to figure out how to even subscribe.

Jack Tarlin
10-27-2004, 19:30
Geez, Steve, what the hell's got your knickers in such a twist?

All I did was issue a retraction for the tone and content of one of my posts.

Maybe YOU should try it sometime.

Considering the witlessness of most of your contributions here, and their sheer volume---you have something like 400 more posts here than anyone else---it's a wonder that you DON'T spend more time retracting them.

Geez, enough of this, I gotta Ballgame to see.

P.S. And incidentally, Steve, if there's a more over-rated modern American novelist than Edward Abbey, I'll be damned to think of who it might be. Just outta curiousity, have you ever read anything by anyone else?

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 19:32
Not-so-modern Thoreau. He sucks.

weary
10-27-2004, 21:07
Steve, if there's a more over-rated modern American novelist than Edward Abbey, I'll be damned to think of who it might be. Just outta curiousity, have you ever read anything by anyone else?

Jack, most of us don't think of Abbey as a "novelist" though he sometimes used the novel as a way of emphasizing his points. Abbey remains an influence, not because of his stories, but because of his ideas. Ideas truly are important, Jack, you should try to encourage them in yourself.

Weary

Jersey Bob
10-27-2004, 21:13
Well I have to be the biggest a**hole here. My sincerest apologies to admin. Had I read the opening page to Whiteblaze I would have seen the advance advice re: the non-AT topics.

L. Wolf: yeah I was in a "big huff" and I regret it. The admin here does a great job and deserves a lot of credit for putting up with jerks like me. :o

Bob

Lone Wolf
10-27-2004, 21:18
Nah. You ain't a jerk. You and Jack show some class.

steve hiker
10-27-2004, 21:27
Like George Hayduke, right? An ass with class.

MOWGLI
10-27-2004, 21:35
Hey, sorry I started this mess, uh, I mean thread. I saw ATTROLL's posting about non-AT threads any number of times, but didn't put 2 & 2 together. I never was good at math anyway.

Jersey Bob
10-27-2004, 23:03
Hey, sorry I started this mess, uh, I mean thread. I saw ATTROLL's posting about non-AT threads any number of times, but didn't put 2 & 2 together. I never was good at math anyway.Yes, same here. I just didn't read.

Israel
10-27-2004, 23:39
You know, there are family reunions that have a lot less interal fighting, strife, and bickering going on than I see on these forums on a daily basis. It is surely evidence that kindness and "enlightenment" do not come from such external events such as walking a lot.

Dances with Mice
10-28-2004, 00:00
You know, there are family reunions that have a lot less interal fighting, strife, and bickering going on than I see on these forums on a daily basis. It is surely evidence that kindness and "enlightenment" do not come from such external events such as walking a lot.
Hmph. There's a lot less gunfire here than at my family reunions.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2004, 00:01
Well Israel, there's Wingfoot's caring and loving, heavily moderated site for you to hang out at. A place where posts are constantly deleted and folks are banned for life. Lotsa kindness and enlightenment there Grasshopper. :D

Israel
10-28-2004, 00:21
lol Lone Wolf. No thanks. Been there, done that...got booted for not going with the program some years ago.

I guess I was refering to Jack's and Steve's post but they are both big boys and can take of themselves. :D

I am not a big fan of abbey either so it makes no difference to me and you know, a forum by could be an interesting counterpart to WF. I want to see the L.W. forum though....

steve hiker
10-28-2004, 01:03
You know, there are family reunions that have a lot less interal fighting, strife, and bickering going on than I see on these forums on a daily basis.
Then again, it's much easier to sit in front of a screen and vent your spleen than to do the same with volitile flesh and blood in your face.

smokymtnsteve
10-28-2004, 09:34
P.S. And incidentally, Steve, if there's a more over-rated modern American novelist than Edward Abbey, I'll be damned to think of who it might be. Just outta curiousity, have you ever read anything by anyone else?

Abbey's strength was not in writting Novels, even though I really like the novel "BLACK SUN",

Abbey's essays and polemics, are where you will find the REAL Abbey.

PLEASE STAND FOR THE GOSPEL OF ABBEY!

"Some people write to please, to soothe, to console. Others to provoke, to challenge, to exasperate and infuriate. I've always found the second approach the more pleasing."

THANKS BE TO ABBEY!

I also enjoy reading Steinbeck, London ( recommend " THE PEOPLE OF THE ABYSS") , Leon Uris, and Sholem Asch.

Pencil Pusher
10-29-2004, 08:00
Well it's good to see everything worked out. I enjoyed seeing some people in a different light through some of these posts.

weary
11-07-2004, 12:54
Well it's good to see everything worked out. I enjoyed seeing some people in a different light through some of these posts.

Well, I'm still confused. Some stuff apparently has been removed to a "politics" forum, but no such forum shows up when I click on "Off Topics."

Bandana Man
11-07-2004, 13:49
Weary,

The name of the user group is “Non-AT discussion”. To join this user group, go to your USERCP, click on GROUP MEMBERSHIPS, and then select this group.

For more information, go to the WB home page and scroll down thru the list of messages from ATTroll. You will find a message from him about too much non-AT chatter. At the bottom of that message are the instructions.

grandview
11-09-2004, 03:15
State Avg. IQ 2000
1 Connecticut 113 Gore
2 Massachusetts 111 Gore
3 New Jersey 111 Gore
4 New York 109 Gore
5 Rhode Island 107 Gore
6 Hawaii 106 Gore
7 Maryland 105 Gore
8 New Hampshire 105 Bush
9 Illinois 104 Gore
10 Delaware 103 Gore
11 Minnesota 102 Gore
12 Vermont 102 Gore
13 Washington 102 Gore
14 California 101 Gore
15 Pennsylvania 101 Gore
16 Maine 100 Gore
17 Virginia 100 Bush
18 Wisconsin 100 Gore
19 Colorado 99 Bush
20 Iowa 99 Gore
21 Michigan 99 Gore
22 Nevada 99 Bush
23 Ohio 99 Bush
24 Oregon 99 Gore
25 Alaska 98 Bush
26 Florida 98 Bush
27 Missouri 98 Bush
28 Kansas 96 Bush
29 Nebraska 95 Bush
30 Arizona 94 Bush
31 Indiana 94 Bush
32 Tennessee 94 Bush
33 North Carolina 93 Bush
34 West Virginia 93 Bush
35 Arkansas 92 Bush
36 Georgia 92 Bush
37 Kentucky 92 Bush
38 New Mexico 92 Gore
39 North Dakota 92 Bush
40 Texas 92 Bush
41 Alabama 90 Bush
42 Louisiana 90 Bush
43 Montana 90 Bush
44 Oklahoma 90 Bush
45 South Dakota 90 Bush
46 South Carolina 89 Bush
47 Wyoming 89 Bush
48 Idaho 87 Bush
49 Utah 87 Bush
50 Mississippi 85 Bush
lookie dar at all dem yankees and thar fancy college learnin....maybe it has something to do with finicial centers and agricultural centers...you think?
i know we need both though.