PDA

View Full Version : Campsites on Bluff Mtn

koondog
05-18-2010, 21:46
Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone knows if there are any campsites with water around Bluff Mtn. Looking at my old map, I see a mention of Big Rock Spring but it is not mentioned in the book.

Anyone know if there is a decent campsite in the vicinity?

Thanks!

koondog

Hikes in Rain
05-19-2010, 08:41
The 2010 Companion indicates that Big Rock Spring still on the trail. No mention of a campsite, though. That being said, where there's water, there's generally a campsite around.

hikersc1
05-19-2010, 08:56
There is a nice one on the North side of the mountain just as your starting back down on the left with a spring. I saw some sites on the top, but no water. There are a few springs on either side of the mountain 1/4 to 1/2 mile away.

koondog
05-19-2010, 22:25
Thanks much. Will look for those.

koondog

Cabin Fever
05-19-2010, 22:32
I just hiked through here a couple of weeks ago. Big Spring looked to be a little off the Trail and I didn't go check it out, but I think I saw some viable campsites. Further north was a great spring with a campsite just off the trail next to the spring.

Chaco Taco
05-20-2010, 11:16
When hiking north, there is a spot on the right called Catpen Gap, there is a clearing and a field and just beyond that is a nice spot. i think there may be water just beyond the field. Also once you are at the top and start to decend, there is a nice spot on the right on the other side of the rocks. Best to camel up before the climb