PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Traildays

Sapa
05-23-2010, 16:31
I went to my first trail days this year. I have never been on the AT. But I joked with everyone that I guess I was a "section hiker" now ( Damascus ) and the best shelter was Quinceys! I just wanted to thank everyone I met. I had to leave very early Saturday Morn and missed what most say was the big day. But my best days where before the crowds. When we sat by the fire and just talked with the folks who volunteered, came early etc.
I must say like a lot of folks who may hike the trail that I went there with a loss of hope for humanity. But what I found in those days was the best of humanity. The kindness shown by all had me crying for the first two hours of my trip home. It was not sadness ......it was joy. I may never hike the trail. I do not know. BUT in just those few days it renewed my hope for us all. My Savior went into the wilderness of 30 days. I went to the edge of it for only 3 days. And in those days I saw the hope he had in us that he gave his life for. May God bless you and yours always........walk on!:sun