PDA

View Full Version : Betty Creek Gap

BevH
05-23-2010, 17:35
Is there parking at Betty CreekGap?

Rain Man
05-23-2010, 21:34
Is there parking at Betty CreekGap?

Hmmmm... I don't even remember a road at Betty Creek Gap. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place, since you don't specify?

Rain:sunMan

BevH
05-23-2010, 21:56
According to the AT Parking site there is a .2 mile Betty Creek Trail that leads to the AT south of Mooney Gap

BR549
05-23-2010, 22:00
From Betty Creek Gap take Betty Creek Trail .2 miles to FS 67 and a parking area. I was there just last month when I did a day hike from Deep Gap to there. The parking area had no sign to let you know BC Trail was there, just a wood post where maybe a sign used to be. Also when I got to Betty Creek Gap, the only sign there was on a tree off to the left (northbound) with a tree limb hanging in front of it that said Betty Creek Trail. You could easily miss it. Fortunately the day before my hike I went to BC Trail and walked the .2 miles to BC Gap and the AT to make sure I knew where my turn off was. I sure was glad I did. I thought most of the signs were where you couldn 't miss them but this one wasn"t.

Bulldawg
05-23-2010, 22:01
Betty Creek Gap on the AT north of Standing Indian doesn't have road access really. It is about a mile or so from Mooney Gap, which has parking and about half a mile down a side trail to a FS road, can't remember if there is parking there or not.