PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Shuttle

Graywolf
05-23-2010, 23:59
has anyone used Cherokee Shuttle for either Cherokee, N.C or Gatlynburg?? They have a stop at New Found Gap in the Smokes..I am planning on using Cherokee as a resupply instead of Gatlynburg, as I have personal business to attened to in Cherokee.. I plan on using this service..

Graywolf

turtle fast
05-24-2010, 01:32
The folks at the Cherokee transit are great to hikers, we have used them. They admit that not a lot of hikers know about them but they do have a web site with a hiker transit schedule at www.cherokeetransit.com. The town is a good alternative to the uber touristy Pigeon Forge.

Graywolf
05-24-2010, 01:43
The folks at the Cherokee transit are great to hikers, we have used them. They admit that not a lot of hikers know about them but they do have a web site with a hiker transit schedule at www.cherokeetransit.com (http://www.cherokeetransit.com). The town is a good alternative to the uber touristy Pigeon Forge.

I do have the schedule times for the departure/arrival shuttle.. I wrote the phone number down in my "trail guide" so I can call them once in Fontana..The site is really helpfull. I forgot to add that to the opening thread, thanks..Others may want to check into it.

Graywolf

Dogwood
05-24-2010, 10:14
I have used CherokeeTransit twice before, the last time about two yrs. ago. Yes, they are nice people, flexible, reasonably priced, and will work with hikers.

pafarmboy
05-24-2010, 17:56
Also used them. Cheapest shuttle that I know of to get to Gatlinburg (7 bucks one way if I recall correctly). Gotta be there for 1:30 pickup (towards Gatlinburg) or you'll be sitting there quite awhile. Pulls up right by the NC/TN line sign, so no need to go searching all over the parking lot.