PDA

View Full Version : Room available in beautiful VT cofarmhouse

Sue_Bird
05-24-2010, 20:49
Hey folks,

We're looking for one or two like-minded souls to move in to our beautiful community farmhouse in Walden, Vermont. The home is situated on 42 acres of land, partially-wooded, some of which is cleared and is an operating organic farm. Walden is kind of in an ideal spot in Vermont for hiking, being smack-dab between the Green and White Mountains. Less than an hour's drive from Franconia; beautiful hiking much closer than that. Long Trail is about a half-hour drive. In addition the house is 10 minutes from 91/93, 10 minutes from Cabot VT, 13 minutes to Hardwick VT and several food coops.

The house itself is off the grid, passive solar design panels for energy and hooked up to a (mostly) gravity-fed springwater system for plumbing. There are two bedrooms open currently; we're also open to the right couple. We have four people and one child living here and are looking for people who appreciate simple, kind, community living. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to be close to great summer hiking up here and is also interested in learning about organic farming and nontraditional energy sources, and loves to contribute their heart and talents to communal living. Gardening space is available as well as the opportunity for cooperative farming produce-sharing. We aren't really into a lot of talk; we're more just interested in living well together, growing things, and creating positive energy in the time we spend. I thru-hiked last year (The Darkness 2009).

Rent is $400/month for singles, $500/month for couples. This includes all bills else than groceries you don't grow and long distance phone (and the occasional trash run). We are open to short or longterm and are happy to accomodate shorterm stays for $150 a week. Feel free to send me a pm, or give the farmhouse a call at 802-563-2542. We look forward to meeting you!

:welcome

Manwich
05-24-2010, 20:52
Do you have internet on the premises? Or Cell Phone Service in the area? Any pictures available?

East Coast Alex
05-24-2010, 22:07
Hey folks,

We're looking for one or two like-minded souls to move in to our beautiful community farmhouse in Walden, Vermont. The home is situated on 42 acres of land, partially-wooded, some of which is cleared and is an operating organic farm.

Get yourself a couple more people, and a few 'out' buildings or residences, and you just may have yourself what is known as an intentional community. :)

Sue_Bird
05-25-2010, 06:47
The house does have DSL, included in rent (although the price just got jacked up so everyone may need to chip in a couple bucks more/month).

Yah it isn't really an intentional community, but we do like to spend time together. We don't have some sort of unifying goal or mission except in general caring about the same kind of stuff (like farming, the outdoors, etc). Before I moved in the house had had problems with some people who had a whole lot to say about Community but then in practice didn't live well with people at all. So more than talking about all the ideas, we're looking for people who just want to live well with others and understand how to create welcoming space.

Happy to send pictures and more details; just PM me.

brotheral
05-25-2010, 07:30
Intriguing for sure :) My sweetheart and I live in the beautiful hills of southern WV. Our place is on the corner of a huge cattle farm. Very rural..Amazing views...Peaceful... We have cows strolling through our yard on occassion... My sister visited recently from Knoxville and said, " You can't help but relax here."
Best wishes to you all :sun !!

SamXp
05-25-2010, 08:34
Wow, that sounds lovely! I'm sure you'll find takers in no time!

chief
05-25-2010, 13:05
Is this it?

http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate/listings/Homes/VT/Walden/835600