PDA

View Full Version : March 2011 Nobo Partners?

MJKwote
05-25-2010, 17:07
hey everyone I am 20 years old going to be 21 in june! Can't wait pretty excited! I've been planning on trying the trail for years now and I think I finally have the time to do so! I am looking for anyone who wants to trail with! I've heard it's not good to have a partner and to go alone and you'll meet people on the way, on the trail, ect. but I prefer to have someone to actually start with. I've also had a lot of criticism about asking complete strangers but nobody that I actually know is willing to go. if your interested let me know and we can facebook, chat for the next few months and maybe end up going together next spring!

thanks
Mike

FritztheCat
05-25-2010, 17:18
Mike,

One of our WB members started a Facebook page for AT NOBO 2011 folks. Several people are starting in March as well. Here's a link (if it works): http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=127798373902293

Or you can probably search for AT NOBO class of 2011.

I'm starting in April so you'll be ahead of me. Be sure and leave some entertaining journal entries! :D

Mountain Wildman
05-25-2010, 18:48
Hey Mike,
I am planning on heading out on March 19th from Springer, I may move the date up or back either way, I would not mind starting with a partner but I am fine alone, So if I get left in the dust that's cool too. From what I've read, We both may have plenty of company heading out if it is around the traditional date which I think is the weekend of the 21st.
I hear ya about no one I know wanting to go, My family is all wrapped up in their own lives and my best friend(who's idea it was to do this in the first place)says "Don't be surprised if I end up going with you". Which would be a huge surprise since I don't expect him to go.
Anyway, Probably meet you on the trail at some point either way.

SerenitySeeker
05-25-2010, 19:31
Hey, great facebook page for this...i have tentative plans march 1st but much to do before then if i am going to make that mark and way too many variables still that can fail...no set date to complete, and am still open to start date depending on weather and such...

MJKwote
05-26-2010, 17:14
Hey Mike,
I am planning on heading out on March 19th from Springer, I may move the date up or back either way, I would not mind starting with a partner but I am fine alone, So if I get left in the dust that's cool too. From what I've read, We both may have plenty of company heading out if it is around the traditional date which I think is the weekend of the 21st.
I hear ya about no one I know wanting to go, My family is all wrapped up in their own lives and my best friend(who's idea it was to do this in the first place)says "Don't be surprised if I end up going with you". Which would be a huge surprise since I don't expect him to go.
Anyway, Probably meet you on the trail at some point either way.

yea buddy maybe we can leave at the same time? I wanted to start at spinger also but I'm not sure how to get there? I'm willing to throw some gas money in anyones direction if I could ride with them. or greyhound bus I suppose. Maybe if you want to leave togather bro add me on facebook... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/MikeOJenkins

MJKwote
05-26-2010, 17:15
Mike,

One of our WB members started a Facebook page for AT NOBO 2011 folks. Several people are starting in March as well. Here's a link (if it works): http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=127798373902293 (http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#%21/group.php?gid=127798373902293)

Or you can probably search for AT NOBO class of 2011.

I'm starting in April so you'll be ahead of me. Be sure and leave some entertaining journal entries! :D

thanks this is great fb group

Mountain Wildman
05-26-2010, 18:41
yea buddy maybe we can leave at the same time? I wanted to start at spinger also but I'm not sure how to get there? I'm willing to throw some gas money in anyones direction if I could ride with them. or greyhound bus I suppose. Maybe if you want to leave togather bro add me on facebook... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/MikeOJenkins

Haven't spent much time on Facebook but I did the friend request thing.
Joseph

MisterChris
01-27-2011, 01:10
I'm also trying to plan a NoBo trip around then.. I JUST started planning though.. So we'll see.. I would definitely at least want to start with someone too... completely understandable.. Granted we will undoubtedly meet tons of people along the way!

DebbieinNH
01-30-2011, 17:38
Hi,
I am NOBO in Mid March from the hostel. Not sure what else ta say except let's go hike! I have a lot of resources in the northern part so if we get past VA we should be able to look for some trail angel work in PA, CN, MA< NH, and ME!

Billy Bill
01-30-2011, 18:00
Hello Mike,
I am planning on a March 1st (+/- a day or so) start. I live in FL and will be getting dropped off at Springer.

Yoder1221
02-01-2011, 16:35
Hello there Mike, 24 years of age from detroit getting dropped off at Springer on the 20th if everything goes as planned. I had the same trouble finding no one to accompany me on this trip. It seemed all my friends couldnt leave their X-box controlers alone for more than a couple days so solo I decided to go! Like Wildman said, I would like to start out with a partner or group but if it comes down to it solo hiking would be no problem for me. Get at my email account if anyone is interested.

[email protected]

qwerty
02-03-2011, 15:27
Hello. Just joined the FB group (name is Steven R). I will be starting NOBO at Damascus mid-late April. Lots of you who start in March will catch up to me in Southern Virginia, and then likely pass me right on by as you'll be doing 15-20 miles a day whereas I'll be struggling hard to get in 10-12 :)

I hiked Springer to Damascus in 1994 and ran out of money so pretty excited to pick up where I left off! Since then have done some long distance hikes in the Colorado Rockies and the Nepalese Himalaya but the Appalachians are my first love.

See you on the trail! I'll be the guy wearing long pants and gaiters on hot days because he's afraid of snakes.

QWERTY

Special-K
02-03-2011, 16:25
Hey Mike, I'm 20 and will be leaving march 1st. if you want to meet down there im totally for it, also have no problem going solo. let me know!

eddiemontana
02-15-2011, 17:01
so its looks as though partner or no partner i'll be running into people all the time.