PDA

View Full Version : finding thru hike partners

longhiker
05-27-2010, 09:47
is it too late to find people to thru-hike the CT with, starting late July?

Is it possible to not make prior arrangements and just meet people on the trail, so I'm (almost) always hiking with someone on the CT? When is the best time to start my thru-hike to meet people like that?

I'm coming to planning this CT a bit late.. want to start the hike in 2 months from now. I do have all my gear planned, used and weighed.. familiar with food for hikes of up to 2 weeks.

My main concern now is finding hiking partners for almost all sections -- otherwise my girlfriend and family are not going to sleep for a month and I don't think I can do this hike.

Sly
05-27-2010, 14:09
Seems there are several people hiking the CT from this forum. have you tried hooking up with them, or contacting the CT Foundation? Regardless, it's well marked blah, blah, blah, I wouldn't let not having a partner stop me.

longhiker
05-27-2010, 15:06
thanks sly.. so far, I've identified only a couple of people who seem to be planning a thru-hike on this forum and most of them were posting about partners many months ago. Surprisingly, those few people seem to be starting pretty early ( late June / early July) compared to what I assume most thru-hikers do..

I'm hoping for mid - late july or even first week of August.