PDA

View Full Version : Justus Creek

GAJethro
05-27-2010, 19:30
Does the trail still cross over Justus Creek? I know it was rerouted from where it used to cross. Is there any camping nearby? This used to be one of my favorite spots in that section. Thanks for any info!

Pokey2006
05-27-2010, 21:14
Yes, it crosses over the creek, but now immediately goes up the hill and away from it, when before it ran parallel to the creek for a while. There is a campsite just up hill from the crossing.

scooterdogma
05-28-2010, 06:54
Yep, is stills goes over the creek. About 15 ft from the creek (NOBO) on both sides of the trail there is a flat area about 12 ft wide. Going further up the hill there is a spot big enough for a scout troop. Which was the case when I was there. If you hammock, there are some great sites before you cross the creek on the left. Hope this helps, oh and about 30 ft left of the bridge is a depression in the creek big enough to get completely wet. The water is mighty cold even on days in the 80's. Feels so good!

Ox97GaMe
05-28-2010, 08:22
The new crossing is about 100 yards downstream from the old crossing. As you cross the creek , there is an old roadbed that follows the creek. It will take you into the old crossing/camping location. Most folks wont walk the extra 100 yards off trail, so you would have the old campsite all to yourself. :)