PDA

View Full Version : Tarptent Moment liner

Franco
06-01-2010, 19:12
Henry is back from Scotland where he did the TGO Challenge and tested his new liner for the Moment.
This is a clippable 4 oz fabric sheet that catches mist from the fly.
(similar to the one for the Rainbow and Double Rainbow)
As it is very easy to clip and taken it can be set up just before going to sleep to preserve the headroom.
Will help a lot those that live in very humid areas.
It will be in production at the end of the month.
(keep in mind that Henry will be trying to catch up with his three weeks absence from work....)
This is what it looks like. :
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/Francophoto/Moment/Momentliner2.jpg

For optimal installation a couple of extra clips are required, details will be worked out on this up-grade.
Franco

skinewmexico
06-01-2010, 20:43
What? You mean a gear designer was actually out using gear? This could revolutionize the industry............

Franco
06-01-2010, 22:34
Possibly just an excuse to get away from work and drink some warm beer.
Had a look at a lot of the pics of that area, not bad at all, I should have been there.
Send money will travel.
Some of the possible itineraries here :
http://www.caburn.me.uk/
Franco

Daydream Believer
06-01-2010, 22:42
I'm not sure I understand what that does... Is that for condensation?

Cool AT Breeze
06-01-2010, 22:45
You have to use single wall silnylon to understand.

Franco
06-01-2010, 23:23
"I'm not sure I understand what that does... Is that for condensation? "
For me ... very little. I just wipe the condensation off and I am OK with that.
In some areas, where humidity is very high , you get enough condensation to cause that to drip.
The liner will stop that. Same for the rear occasions (for me) but apparently no so rear for some , where you can also get mist from penetration. That is when raindrops are heavy and fast enough for some to penetrate (like under some umbrellas)
BTW, as I keep mentioning, double wall itself is not a guarantee against condensation, in fact there are several double wall tents that will collect more condensation than some of the better ventilated single wall.
To me if you see the roof of your tent getting wet or not is not as important as getting the sleeping bag soaked by moist air.
Franco

Big Dawg
06-02-2010, 07:40
Thanks for the info Franco.... Henry's always tinkering & improving!!! Can''t wait to get my Moment!!

Wags
06-02-2010, 10:25
weight of the liner + clips?

Wags
06-02-2010, 10:26
well i mean, i see the liner is 4 oz. how much are the clips?

Franco
06-02-2010, 19:27
I have the clips in a secure place, so secure that I can't find them now...
They are really tiny so just a few grams, whatever that is in fraction of ounces.

I imagine that without the extra two clips you just lose a bit more headroom.
Franco

Daydream Believer
06-02-2010, 19:38
Thanks for the explanation Franco. I may have to get one of those for my new Moment. :-)

I have had some condensation on our Big Agnes Seedhouse...so yes, even double walled tents can do that also.