PDA

View Full Version : Parking + Shuttle Damascus

summitnh
06-04-2010, 08:34
Where is the safest place to park in Damascus for 4-5 days. I am doing a section between Sugar Grove and Damascus and I can't decide if I want to park at the Mt Rogers NRA Visitors Center or in Damascus. I will probably hike south into Damascus, so I will also need a shuttle service.

Thanks

ranfreem
06-04-2010, 09:08
look at and contact Mt Rogers outfitters in Damascus. I parked w/ them last yr.

Lone Wolf
06-04-2010, 09:20
Where is the safest place to park in Damascus for 4-5 days. I am doing a section between Sugar Grove and Damascus and I can't decide if I want to park at the Mt Rogers NRA Visitors Center or in Damascus. I will probably hike south into Damascus, so I will also need a shuttle service.

Thanks

what day do you need the shuttle? you can park at my house for free and i shuttle cheap

jmdesignz2
06-20-2010, 09:04
what day do you need the shuttle? you can park at my house for free and i shuttle cheap

Hey Lone Wolf,

I am also looking for a safe place to park from Thursday to Saturday.

I am new here and glad to meet you
I have a group hike to do the shady valley loop from Damascus this Thursday 24th of June

Trailhead will be down old 91 at the gated road on the right - that is all the info from the book..if you have any more specific info I would be appreciative.

TexasEd
06-24-2010, 16:47
I used Mt Rogers Outfitters last year.

We dropped off our truck and got a bus ride up to Dickey Gap and then walked back to Damascus.

BobTheBuilder
06-24-2010, 17:32
If L Wolf doesn't work out because of timing or whatever and you need an alternative, I have left a vehicle both at the NRA HQ and at Mount Rogers Outfitters for several days and had no problems.

generoll
10-17-2010, 09:52
what's the NRA HQ? I'm looking for a place to leave my car next month for a few days.

Rick500
10-17-2010, 11:43
I used MRO as well, about a week ago. Parked there and arranged a shuttle back from Grayson Highlands with them. Good guys.