PDA

View Full Version : Wesser Info needed

ffstenger
06-05-2010, 05:23
Are there any places to stay in Wesser NC other than the cabins at NOC (expensive) or Base-Camp (cheap). I would like to stay overnight, and be close to the trail, on a long trip I need a night not in a shelter or tent. :p

bulldog49
06-05-2010, 12:41
Are there any places to stay in Wesser NC other than the cabins at NOC (expensive) or Base-Camp (cheap). I would like to stay overnight, and be close to the trail, on a long trip I need a night not in a shelter or tent. :p

Nope.........

cowpoke
06-05-2010, 13:12
Nantahala village is about 4 miles north of NOC towards Bryson City...nice but somewhat expensive...their are some small motels but can't remember any names.

spyderman654
06-05-2010, 14:52
The NOC has an overnight facility that is for hikers and large groups. It is very close to the individual cabins and the trail. I stayed the night for $15 this past November. You have access to showers, laundry (coin), and a common kitchen which seats about 50. The cabin I stayed in sleeps six (I think), but I was the only one there that night. It is on the NOC property up the hill overlooking the restaurants and the offices. You go across the river (on the trail bridge) and take a right to exit the parking lot. The offices are right above you on the road to the left. If you get turned around go in to the NOC outfitters they will help you find it.

I tried to attach a photo, but not sure if it will work here...

Currahee Jim
06-05-2010, 17:12
Ditto on the NOC hostel. They call it "Base Camp." I was there just last month and found the accomodations to be quite clean and comfortable. It cost me and a buddy $32 and change, including tax, for a two-bunk room. If I had been alone, I would have had a room to myself for $16. Nothing fancy, but a soft bunk, hot shower and a flush toilet made my night. The communal kitchen was well equipped and some hiker had even left a big box of goodies from home he didn't want to carry. There is also a great restaurant called River's End, if you want to treat yourself to a good meal. I recommend a dish they call the "Sherpa." There were quite a few AT hikers there and we had a great time hanging out under the shade trees by the river, watching the boaters play. You won't do better for the $.

ffstenger
06-06-2010, 03:37
Thanks guys, it looks like we'll be stayin' at the base-camp. Just need to know all my options:cool:

jesse
06-06-2010, 04:44
Nantahala Inn. about three miles from NOC. Its part of NOC. Rooms are in the $90 price range, but very quiet. Stayed there about a week ago. While I was there I stuck my head inside the base camp. Stunk like hell.