PDA

View Full Version : Thread subscriptions

attroll
11-02-2004, 02:45
wbdent I had a user ask how to delete their subscriptions because they go tired of getting email from WhiteBlaze. So I thought I would post the answer here in case there are others out there wondering the same thing.
wbdent To get remove your subscribed threads you can do it in to different manners. Let me explain subscribed threads here on WhiteBlaze real quick. The way the site is set up right now. Every time you reply to a post you are automatically subscribed to that thread. So the reason you are subscribed to the threads you are getting is most likely because you have posted in them.

wbdent I have been thinking about changing this default. But now to answer your question. If you just want to removed the subscribed threads that you are getting right now you can click on QUICK LINKS and scroll down to SUBSCRIBED THREADS. From there you can put a check mark in all the ones you wish to delete your subscription to and then scroll to the bottom of the page and within that table and look for SELECTED THREADS and there should be a drop down menu next to it. In the menu you can choose what you want to do with them. Then click GO.

wbdent Now if you want to fix it so that when you reply to any thread and don't want to be automatically subscribed to that thread then you have to do it in this manner:
In the navbar and go to USERCP/EDIT OPTIONS and then look down on the right side of the screen and scroll down until you see DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE. Most likely yours is set to INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION. If you do not want to be automatically subscribed ever time you post then pick DO NOT SUBSCRIBE. Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and pick SAVE CHANGES.

gardenville
11-14-2004, 13:53
Can I or How can I get a "Mini-Forum" in the "Member Forums & Trip Reports" section. Thanks

Blister
12-15-2004, 00:30
KEITH B. SHAW SR.

MONSON - Keith B. Shaw Sr., 75, died Dec. 7, 2004, at his home in Monson. He was born Sept. 1, 1929, in Hersey, Maine, the son of Solomon and Ressie (Botting) Shaw. He owned and operated a boarding home in Monson for many years and made many friends among the hikers of the Appalachian Trail. He is survived by his wife of 28 years, Pat (Boyington) Johnston Shaw of Monson; a son, Keith B. Shaw Jr. of Monson; a daughter and her husband, Kathleen and Joseph Chartier, of Danielson, Conn.; six stepchildren, Paul Johnston Jr. and his wife, Cathy, of Chester, Okla., Wayne Johnston and his wife, Debbie, of Woodward, Okla., Donna Chase and her husband, Dale, of Willimantic, Daralene Rinks and her husband, Warren, of Bangor, Dennis Plourde of Bangor, and Roberta of Vermont; a brother, Frank Shaw of Lee; two sisters, Ruth Daggett of Parkman, and Ada Shaw of Patten; several sisters and brothers-in-law; 16 grandchildren and 18 great-grand-children; many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by a daughter, Marion Jean; two brothers and four sisters. Friends may call 3 p.m. until the time of the funeral service 4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 9, 2004, at the Crosby & Neal Funeral Home, 21 Oak St., in Guilford, with Pastors Daryl Witmer and David Ray Jr. officiating. Spring burial will be in the Hersey Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home from noon until the time of the service. Those who wish may make donations in his memory to the Maine Appalachian Trail Club, P.O. Box 283, Augusta, ME 04332-0283.