PDA

View Full Version : CC's AT documentary is out!

Skittles
11-02-2004, 03:36
Hey Everybody,

Skittles here, got this email from Carolina Cruiser earlier today and figured I'd spread the word:

AT Hikers,
The 2004 Appalachian Trail documentary titled "Appalachian Impressions-Hiking the Appalachian Trail" is now available for purchase. The DVD's are $29.99 plus $3.00 shipping and handling. The VHS tapes will be available in a month or so and will cost $24.99 plus $3.00 shipping and handling. I've ordered 1,000 copies of the program and they will be in my hands in two weeks.
To order a copy you can send me a check or money to:
Mark Flagler
PO Box 82053
Portland, OR 97282
Please include your mailing address and trail name if you are a hiker (or what people called you during your hike). IMPORTANT: Please write so I can read it.
My web page will be up and running in two or three weeks time. You will be able to purchase the program online using a credit card. The web address will be:
www.FlaglerFilms.com
The DVD program has two disks (double disk) packed full of 60 minutes of amazing footage including hilarious "Out Takes." Disk 1 or Part 1 is the first half of the AT and Disk 2 or Part 2 is the second half.
The ATC will be selling the program in December as well as Amazon.com. The ATC has said "Appalachian Impressions is the most professional and comprehensive program ever produced about the Appalachian Trail." There are other distributers that will be selling the program at the beginning of next year. I would prefer you order a copy directly through me or my web page.
The day I mail you the program I'll send you an email letting you know it's in the mail. Copies are going fast so if you want one you better get you order in. I'm going to be gone from Dec. 14th to Jan. 5th, 2005 on my much needed honeymoon. Please let all of your friends and family know about this program. If you saw me with my camera out during your hike you are probably in the program. If you have any questions or comments please contact me.
Take Care,
Mark "Carolina Cruiser" Flagler

Jaybird
11-02-2004, 06:39
Yo Skittles....

tried to get to your website....its NOT there....LINK doesnt work.

whats up with dat?

Bjorkin
11-02-2004, 13:14
Yo Skittles....

tried to get to your website....its NOT there....LINK doesnt work.

whats up with dat?

To quote the original post:

"My web page will be up and running in two or three weeks time. You will be able to purchase the program online using a credit card. The web address will be:
www.FlaglerFilms.com"

Note the words "will be" and the phrase "in two or three weeks time." Makes sense to me. ;)

jbarnes
12-04-2004, 00:28
I got to the website but couldn't find a place to purchase the DVD. I also did a search on Amazon.com but didn't get a hit on the DVD. I also searched the ATC site but didn't find it there either. The DVD set sounds great. I'm always looking for ways to virtually hike the trail. Is the best way to get the DVD set for Christmas to mail you a check?

TankHiker
12-10-2004, 11:34
I just got my copy in the mail last night. I only had time to watch about 1/3 of it. It's pretty sweet! I can't wait to get home from work tonight and watch the rest!

This seems like a great video both for people who know nothing about the AT and people who are very familiar with it. And for the class of '03, it's a great way to remember all your friends. (Check out the close-up of my ass climbing the ladder at Partnership shelter!)

It is a 2 hour, 2-disc DVD, plus a bunch of great out-takes. His website seems to be fully functional now for anyone who wants to purchase this video. I am thoroughly enjoying it!

-Tank

Footslogger
12-10-2004, 12:10
Got an e-mail reply from CC telling me that my copy should be here tomorrow. Lumberjack (AT 2003) got his yesterday and said it's a gas!! Can't wait to see the gang from 2003.

As far as getting a copy goes ...I'm pretty sure you have to go to CC directly. I sent him a check about 3 weeks ago.

'Slogger
AT 2003

Footslogger
12-11-2004, 13:18
All I can say is ...thanks for the memories CC. All those familiar faces and places !!

Got home last night and my copy of CC's AT Documentary was in my mailbox. Two disc DVD set. Must have watched the entire thing 3 times through. Kept seeing things I had missed. Fantastic walk down memory lane. A "must have" for AT Class of 2003'ers and a great source of information and enjoyment for anyone interested in or who has hiked any or all of the AT.

'Slogger
AT 2003

Onlyone
12-11-2004, 14:32
Recieved mine wed.night, viewed~half. Mark;what a great job! It was good to see family, friends, and members of the TJ family on the "big screen".(I guess my check was good!) Everyone should buy the DVD, and support the quality effort that went into it. I can't imagine the time you must have spent on this. Thanks again Oo

Loony
12-15-2004, 15:32
We got our copy of the DVD on Monday. It was so cool - like a scrapbook of our hike in 03! It was great seeing everyone we hiked with, and especially to hear their voices. It's really made me want to do it again, even though I clearly said that I couldn't wait to finish! Ha! :rolleyes: As for the documentary itself, it seems like it would/will be very helpful and informative for anyone who's thinking of hiking the AT.

C.C. also wrote a short article for our site about the DVD. If you're interested, you can read it here: http://hiking-news.hikemore.com/hiking-documentary/appalachian-impressions.html

Congrats to C.C.!

Footslogger
12-15-2004, 16:19
Greetings Loony ...and how is old Svensaw doing these days. Enjoyed seeing you guys on the DVD too, especially since you got way ahead of me on the trail after Damascus and I never saw you again.

The DVD had the same effect on me. In fact, the wife and I are talking about doing another thru in a few years ...but this time together !!

Good to see you again ...

'Slogger
AT 2003

tribes
12-22-2004, 17:31
I enjoyed the film and the format. It arrived about four business days after I ordered it from CC. Very good turnaround if you ask me. I found the film content to be very good but did not particularly like the everpresent narrator. This is a great film to show to family members who "do not get it". After seeing this they will still not "get it" but at least they will know what you will be doing for six months or so. :D On a side note I was delighted to see that I am in the film in two different scenes in Massachusetts at Upper Goose Pond. I got a real kick out of seeing myself.

:sun

soccrosse
12-26-2004, 22:22
I got my copy the day before Christmas, what a great present! My wife, a person who never has understood why someone would want to hit the trail for months on end sat with me and became interested immediately. The film is great for new hikers and for those who love to see the places the've been and enjoy hearing other's tales. I own all of the films and books out there and I can say without a doubt this is my favorite....

Lion King
12-26-2004, 23:43
I got my copy the day before Christmas, what a great present! My wife, a person who never has understood why someone would want to hit the trail for months on end sat with me and became interested immediately. The film is great for new hikers and for those who love to see the places the've been and enjoy hearing other's tales. I own all of the films and books out there and I can say without a doubt this is my favorite....
Not all of them. :)

I want to trade CC one of mine for one of his...if not now, trail days. I still haevnt got to see it.

soccrosse
12-29-2004, 19:16
;) Well at least since 1975...

gravityman
12-29-2004, 19:54
We got a copy of Appalachian Trail Impression for christmas. What an AMAZING movie. We also have 2000 miles to maine and TREK. While they are all very good, this one really gives a GREAT overall view of the trail, by different sections. Very professional, and a great narrator. Really looks like something that could be shown on PBS or similar.

Get it!

Gravity Man

Lion King
12-29-2004, 20:41
We got a copy of Appalachian Trail Impression for christmas. What an AMAZING movie. We also have 2000 miles to maine and walking with freedom. While they are all very good, this one really gives a GREAT overall view of the trail, by different sections. Very professional, and a great narrator. Really looks like something that could be shown on PBS or similar.

Get it!

Gravity ManHow do you have "Walking with freedom"?

I have only sent them to a couple of people.

Lone Wolf
Footslooger
Miss Janet
Fubar
Last Minute
Tank
and thats it...so if you got it, where did you get it from, and how did you get it???????????????

Lets be honest here.
If you have it, tell me how, please...I would really like to know.:-?

and if you have it, tell me three things about it that someone who watched it would know.

SGT Rock
12-29-2004, 20:48
Lion King, when can I get a copy to review?

Lion King
12-29-2004, 20:51
sorry..thought I pm'ed

SGT Rock
12-29-2004, 20:53
I'll send that out next week - after payday.

gravityman
12-30-2004, 12:10
How do you have "Walking with freedom"?

ACK! I got distracted... I meant to say that I have watched 2000 Miles to Maine and TREK, not Walking with Freedom. So sorry about that... Brain got confused there!

I'll edit the above post...

Gravity

walkin' wally
12-30-2004, 13:55
I got the Appalachian Impressions disc set for Christmas and have watched 1 and 1 half of the discs and really enjoyed it. There is a lot to be learned by listening to the people that were interviewed. IMO
:sun

jbarnes
12-30-2004, 17:37
I got my copy of Appalachian Impressions for Christmas. I've watched all but the outtakes from the 1st DVD. I've watched Trek, 2,000 Miles to Maine and other videos of AT thruhikes. I'll have to say this is probably my favorite. I like the mix of trail information that the narrator and Mark give plus talking to the thruhikers. I give it five out of five stars.

Skittles
01-04-2005, 12:07
So I finally had a chance to sit down and watch Appalachian Impressions on a real TV (as opposed to a borrowed laptop, I don't have a DVD player) last night, great film! It's tons of fun to see familiar faces and hear people's voices from 2003, and at the same time the film is packed full of information for non-hiker family and friends. Each of the two DVDs (which represent the first and second halves of the trail) has a section of funny out-takes from the filming of the documentary. The film is mostly narrated in the traditional documentary style with occasional on-camera interviews with hikers (including Carolina Cruiser) and other trail personalities. Just about every aspect of a thruhike is covered over the course of the video, except for the planning/preperation stage which would take an entire film to cover thoroughly. So, basically it's a great way to show non-hikers what the trail's about, give hopeful AT hikers a good idea of what to expect, and a moving scrapbook for the AT class of '03. Well done CC!

Jaybird
01-04-2005, 12:14
got Mark Flagler's DVD: "Appalachian Impressions" yday....got to watch Part 1 (of 2 CDs) & look foward to seeing the rest tonight.

seems to be well produced...even though...i shoulda got the NARRATOR gig!
heheheheheehee :D