PDA

View Full Version : a little misguided

gollwoods
11-02-2004, 18:00
I had the pleasure of hiking some 30 miles from Nolichucky river to the devil fork gap last week. although i had planned on going to hot springs. At the hyway 212 I decided to hitch to hot springs and give up the hike. I had become overly tired and could not see myself making it up the next climb to flint mountain shelter only 2.7 mi away. I had hiked from whistling gap the day before to Hogback ridge shelter. 13 or so miles or more. I would not recommend the trip through shelton laurel on rte 212 it is said to contain some of the counties most dangerous people because of meth labs and other illegal activities thereabouts. I made it ok by getting a ride most of the way. but I was told I was very lucky not to have run into trouble there. Any way I must lighten my load and adjust the daily mileage next time . I did meet a couple nice through hikers SOBO.
I thouroughly hated to give up but It seemed wiser at the moment. at least i can say i gave it my best shot.

steve hiker
11-02-2004, 18:23
Have meth labs replaced moonshine stills in them thar parts?

chris
11-02-2004, 18:26
Just make sure you go again. And again. And again.

Lone Wolf
11-02-2004, 19:06
We've had 8 meth lab busts here in Damascus in the past 10 months. One last night as a matter of fact. The s**t is everywhere here in the southern Appalachians.

smokymtnsteve
11-02-2004, 19:18
who is do ya think is doing all the meth LW???

are the users local?