PDA

View Full Version : Bangers and mash

chrisoc
06-13-2010, 13:09
I just ordered some bangers and mash from Packit Gourmet, just to try it out. Has anyone had them before or any other Packit Gourmet product?

Chris

sevensixtwo187
06-13-2010, 13:14
I wish I could tell you right now but I just ordered some myself for our walk in the Smokies next week. If you haven't had them by next week, I will be happy to report on them.

Mountain Wildman
06-13-2010, 13:24
I have the Bangers and Mash but haven't tried it yet, I did try the Strawberry Cheesecake and it was pretty good, a hefty portion as well, I just placed another order with them last night for the Market Pasta Puttaneska, Austintatious Tortilla Soup, Migas Del Sol and the Banana Pudding.
I still have the Diner Deluxe Scrambled Eggs, Skillet Cornbread and some of their preserves to try. Planning a trip in the next couple weeks and I'm only bringing the Packit Gourmet foods to try them out. If they are anything like the Strawberry Cheesecake then they should be awesome!!

Mountain Wildman
06-13-2010, 14:01
I just did a quick review and posted some pics if you want to check it out it is in Gear Reviews under Food.

sarbar
06-13-2010, 18:19
It is very good. We reviewed it back a good year ago or so :)

Wise Old Owl
06-15-2010, 21:37
I just ordered some bangers and mash from Packit Gourmet, just to try it out. Has anyone had them before or any other Packit Gourmet product?

Chris

Yes Thomas Jefferson, and he raved about it in Lancaster PA!

chrisoc
06-19-2010, 15:30
Well, I can answer my own question. Got my package from Packit Gourmet and fixed up the Bangers and Mash right here in my kitchen just to try it out.
The prep was a little complicated. They tell you to heat 1 1/4 cups of water the and 1/2 of the water to the potatoes (1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons) simmer gravy and sausage in the put, then put everything in a bowl. Simple enough in my kitchen but would be trickier on the trail. Anyhow, the stuff was delicious. Add the savor that comes from preparing in the woods on a Pocket Rocket and it should be fantastic.