PDA

View Full Version : "2010 Billville Feed" Duncannon PA

trailangelmary
06-13-2010, 19:47
WE HAVE STARTED PLANS FOR " THE BlLLVILLE FEED AND FESTIVITIES" IN DUNCANNON PA ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND UNTIL NOON ON SUNDAY, JULY 9,10,11. FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS IS ACQUIRING THE DONATIONS TO PURCHASE THE FOOD AND MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS. IF YOU ARE A MEMBER, FRIEND, FAN, OR GROUPIE (Yes, we do have groupies:D) OF BILLVILLE; OR IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED TRAIL MAGIC FROM BILLVILLE, YOUR DONATION OF TIME OR MONEY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

MAIL DONATIONS TO:
Mary "trailangelmary" Parry
2 Ann St.
Duncannon, PA. 17020.

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-13-2010, 20:08
Volunteering for the Billville feed starts July 5th. I'll be there, how many other Billvillian's will? Let's hear from you.

TheTank
06-13-2010, 22:32
I will be there. I may be there as early as July 6th, but my schedule is still undetermined. I will let you know when I know more.

trailangelmary
06-14-2010, 00:22
I will be there. I may be there as early as July 6th, but my schedule is still undetermined. I will let you know when I know more.

Thanks, Tank.

trailangelmary
06-14-2010, 09:34
Goody's Restaurant in Duncannon,the stop for breakfast for most hikers has committed to the biscuits for the sausage gravy which will be served for Sunday morning breakfast.

trailangelmary
06-14-2010, 10:59
Thank you to Hoop Time who has committed to donating a soup for the Saturday Evening meal and Cookie Monster's cookies.
Saturday evening's meal will be a light one because the Big a$$ Billville Breakfast and the Pig Roast are the same day.
Mary (or one of her soux chefs!)will be making one soup - Peanut Butter Soup. Looking for 2 more donations of soups.

trailangelmary
06-14-2010, 12:10
Thank you to Walkin Home for his generous cash donation.

Jester2000
06-14-2010, 18:03
All sounds good so far! Will post on the Billville Facebook Page tonight. Thanks Mary!

trailangelmary
06-14-2010, 21:33
Thank you to Bag 'o' Tricks who is bringing the welcome banner and wrist bands for all guests.

mweinstone
06-15-2010, 10:33
proximity to a thing determins its indeterminence. tank. tank? are you listening tank? oh...i forgot.....he only listens. well, the closer you get to a thing the less determinate its position becoms. but what is position but the infinite. and as their is no finite, position is irellevent. hence non locality. only fear holds us down. gravity = SATEN x us - J3

mweinstone
06-15-2010, 10:37
oh duncannon duncannon
where do your hikers grow?
how oft you please us
dont you know
our dogs chew your grass
your leaves wipe our ass
and the beer is cheep

WalkinHome
06-15-2010, 13:22
Will probably get there Friday morning the 9th. Very small chance early evening of Thursday the 8th. Thanks Mary and Tricks and Matt for all you do. See you soon.

trailangelmary
06-15-2010, 13:51
I am waiting for response from Lucky to confirm he will be available again this year for Saturday's Karaoke after the pig on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu9A_bPMBmE

trailangelmary
06-15-2010, 14:22
Will probably get there Friday morning the 9th. Very small chance early evening of Thursday the 8th. Thanks Mary and Tricks and Matt for all you do. See you soon.

So can I count on you once again to keep bathrooms cleaned and stocked. Will you be able to make shower behind kitchen if Can Do Will Do is not there. I'm not sure if he said at Trail Days if he will be able to come this year or not.

trailangelmary
06-15-2010, 14:34
Hey Matty,
will you be here early this year to do the red blazing?

Jester2000
06-15-2010, 14:50
So can I count on you once again to keep bathrooms cleaned and stocked. Will you be able to make shower behind kitchen if Can Do Will Do is not there. I'm not sure if he said at Trail Days if he will be able to come this year or not.

I'll give CDWD a call.

trailangelmary
06-15-2010, 15:30
Thanks, Jester. And can you call Tricks and see when the three of us can get together soon.

trailangelmary
06-16-2010, 10:02
Thank you to Linda Britcher of The Pub" in Duncannon for donating the meatballs for one of the pasta sauces. Pasta and salad will be served on Friday evening as hikers arrive. Various Pastas have been purchased. Ingredients for red sauce has been purchased.

mweinstone
06-16-2010, 10:22
i will be arriveing unarmed. i will not be carrying my colt defender. i will have no 45 cal acp sabre ammo. no holster. no mosberg police shorty with six on the side saddle . my bandelaro with its exotic entry sabos. no. all sold to allow me to come to a hiker feed. may need someone to rent 23 so i can rent the floor for less. so lets look at what weve learned. hikers would rather risk their lives unnarmed in south phillys drug neighborhoods to go to a feed than live. and hikers like roast pig. and marys hugs are actually an important part of a healthy balenced breakfast. ask your doctor about the red blaze and see if its good for you. red blazes are permenant when washed and dryed and in rare cases may cause hemoraging of an otherwise normal lifestyle. red blazes do not require adult supervision and are safe for children of all bents.if your feeling sluggish and have exsperienced one or more of the following symptoms, ask your doctor if the red blaze is right for you:loss of interest in polotics,war,religion and phillosophy combined with an obtuse urdge to urinate in the further places.

Panzer1
06-16-2010, 10:51
I will also be arriving unarmed. :) Camping at the field, not staying at Doyle, but may stop by for a beer.

Panzer

lonewolftrekker
06-17-2010, 09:18
in duncannon now hiking north ...expect to be somewhere in new york, and would like ride back to billville feed on july 8 or9. ofcourse i will need a ride back to trail head after feed.

Stumble Wolf.

TheTank
06-17-2010, 10:40
in duncannon now hiking north ...expect to be somewhere in new york, and would like ride back to billville feed on july 8 or9. ofcourse i will need a ride back to trail head after feed.

Stumble Wolf.

I am not yet exactly sure what my plans are. I will likely be further South right before going to Duncannon for the feed. However I will be heading back up to New York after the feed, so if you get down there I can give you a ride back to the trail. Also if my plans change and I end up coming down to the feed from New York I will let you know.

trailangelmary
06-17-2010, 12:52
A few days till I buy most of the non-perishables.
9 days till I need final program info for printing program
15 - 17 days till I buy perishables and start prep cooking
21 days till I take everything to park and set up all we need at kitchen. May require cleaning first.
22 days till feed and festivities begin

trailangelmary
06-17-2010, 13:40
Here's the menu given I receive enough donations to do it all
Friday from 3ish till gone - 3 pastas wth 3 sauces & salad & fruit
Saturday morning - Big A$$ Billvile Breakfast - scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes, bacon explosion, bacon, scrapple, Baltimore Jack's home fries, orange juice, coffee
Saturday Pig Roast - 4ish - pig, filling, cole slaw, baked beans, Amish Baked Corn, Green Bean Casserole, fruit
Saturday Evening - 8ish and till gone - 4 soups
Sunday morning Breakfast - Sausage gravy & Biscuits, Amish Friendship Bread, coffee

Panzer1
06-17-2010, 13:53
when can we begin arriving at the ball field to camp?

Panzer

trailangelmary
06-17-2010, 14:05

Panzer

Thursday evening. Earlier than that - my apartment to help cook!!!!!

trailangelmary
06-17-2010, 14:15
I am going to ask one of the banks in town if they would like to sponsor cups for the feed. 100 plastic cups imprinted - $1.06 each + $30 screen charge from Levin Promotional Products. Wish me luck!

Little One
06-18-2010, 11:17
I will be available for shuttles to the Feed beginning Wednesday afternoon 7\7, willing to go as far as Deleware Water Gap and Harper's Ferry (or thereabouts anyway) Contact me here or let Trailangel Mary know.

Jester2000
06-18-2010, 12:12
I am going to ask one of the banks in town if they would like to sponsor cups for the feed. 100 plastic cups imprinted - $1.06 each + $30 screen charge from Levin Promotional Products. Wish me luck!

Tell the bank that instead of cups you'd like them to donate a big bag of money.

mweinstone
06-18-2010, 13:16
i like cold bevreges i like cold bevreges, stick em in the fridge stick em in the fridge stick em in the fridge.

women ive kissed in duncanon:
trail angel mary
litle one
vicky
bobcat
bag o tricks

things to do in duncanon:
kill bugs
eat bugs
burn bugs
drown bugs
kiss baltimore jack tarlin

toilets ive used in duncanon:

years ive been going to duncanon:

duncanons BEST:
THE PERIGREN FALCONE HUNTING REAR OF THE DOYAL
curtys language
pats menu
vickys husband pats menu
marys porch
marys fridge
marys freezer
bag o trick's visits
jesters visits
fred at the bourogh
rm 23
matthewski's confused red blazed billvile hiker feed and festivitys spur trails

trailangelmary
06-18-2010, 17:00
may need someone to rent 23 so i can rent the floor for less.

CAMPING AT THE PARK IS FREE, MATTHEWSKI. If you need space to do art you can use the stage at the park.
Stay at the park so you won't miss anything like the pick up games on Friday as hiker arrive (b-ball, volleyball, tennis and more available), the showing of movies on Friday and Saturday evening, karoake, tasting of a new product - "The Turkey Bitz" and Turkey Jerky, the traditional leki pole throw contest on Saturday, and more games that Jester, Bag 'o' tricks and I have ideas for, group pic on Saturday after the pig. All Free!

Did I say CAMPING AT PARK IS FREE!

trailangelmary
06-18-2010, 17:07
Thank you to the Welsh Nomad for her cash donation.

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 08:01
Lisa at Sorrentos has committed to all the salad makngs for the Friday evening salad

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 12:06
Three loaves of Amsih Friendship bread made: 1 with frresh strawberies and bue berries, 1 with fresh peaches, 1 with bananas

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-19-2010, 14:04
So does this mean your coming to the feed Matty? and yes you may display your artwork there.

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-19-2010, 14:27
I will be available for shuttles to the Feed beginning Wednesday afternoon 7\7, willing to go as far as Deleware Water Gap and Harper's Ferry (or thereabouts anyway) Contact me here or let Trailangel Mary know.

Just a word 'T' on shuttles for the feed as we've done them before to keep hikers from stacking the shelter(s) afterward. DWG and HF are a long drive from Duncannon. The hikers anyone should shuttle in from either location will probably need a shuttle back to where they were picked up. Might want to contact Bonzo in Harpers Ferry as he and others in that area may be coming up and willing to shuttle hikers 'to and back from that location. Sorry don't know anyone in DWG area. Anyone out there willing to shuttle 'to and back from' feed please sound off.

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-19-2010, 14:29

Glad to hear you will be there brother, how's Phart and is he coming?

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-19-2010, 14:31

Panzer
Did she kick you out again Panzer?;) See you up there.

amclumberjack
06-19-2010, 16:01
ill most likey be comeing up fri from arond the Harper's Ferry/ MD PA line and then back down sun

WalkinHome
06-19-2010, 19:24
Glad to hear you will be there brother, how's Phart and is he coming?

Old Fhart does not usually make the feed. Have not checked in with him since we got back from TD. He should be in a walking cast by now so I am sure he is easier (notice I did not say easy LOL) to live with. See you soon brother. Just came back from the MATC 75th Anniversary celebration. Good times were had by all. Heard video stories about Myron, Jean Stephenson, Louis Chorzempa from Roy Fairfield, the 3rd MATC president that took over when Avery died. The only man I know that is still with us that interacted with Myron. Good stuff. CYA

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 20:32
Thank you to Jester's Mom for the generous cash donation

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 20:33
Jester's Mom will again be bringing her AWESOME desserts to the feed!

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 20:33
Thank you to EZ for his cash donation

trailangelmary
06-19-2010, 20:35
Thank you to the Doyle Hotel for their generous cash donation

sasquatch2014
06-19-2010, 21:32
I hope to make it down for all or part of it. Will know more as we get a bit closer.

Panzer1
06-20-2010, 10:47
Who's going to be camping at the ball field? (besides me)

Panzer

sasquatch2014
06-20-2010, 16:33
if I come I am sure that is where i will throw down. The cost is right.

Panzer1
06-20-2010, 16:36
if I come I am sure that is where i will throw down. The cost is right.

I'll see you there. :)

Panzer

trailangelmary
06-21-2010, 10:51
Who's going to be camping at the ball field? (besides me)

Panzer

Hopefully 40 by Friday night and 75 by Saturday. That's how many I plan to feed. Some will be only day attendees and that's alright too. Some will stay at the Doyle and come up to the park for the food. I'm hoping unlike last year they will not just eat and go but stay for the festivities. Billville is all about fun.
Hope to be meeting with Tricks and Jester this week to finalize plans for all the activities.

trailangelmary
06-21-2010, 10:56
Thank you to Red Hat & JB for their generous cash donations for the feed.

trailangelmary
06-21-2010, 11:28
These non-perishables have been purchased: Ingredients for red pasta sauce, variety of 3 pastas, bar-b-q sauce for the bacon explosion, canned milk, ingredients for baked beans, chicken broth for a variety of dishes, majority of ingredients for Amish baked corn, Iced Tea Mix

Panzer1
06-21-2010, 15:16
is drinking legal at the field?

Panzer

trailangelmary
06-21-2010, 16:02

Panzer

Just like at other hiker events, officially it is a non-alcoholic park.

trailangelmary
06-21-2010, 16:04
The use of the park has been paid in the amount of $150.00.

The donation is the best nation!

trailangelmary
06-21-2010, 16:39
ill most likey be comeing up fri from arond the Harper's Ferry/ MD PA line and then back down sun

Will you be bringing any class of 2010 with you?

Jester2000
06-21-2010, 17:45

Panzer

Nope. Which is why we have never served alcohol in the park. Plenty of bars in town.

amclumberjack
06-21-2010, 20:13
Will you be bringing any class of 2010 with you?

if any need i ride i have room for 3 or 4 if they dont mind being tight in the back seat

trailangelmary
06-22-2010, 12:50
I am starting to tell hikers coming through Duncannon about the feed. Many are very willing to hitch a ride back.

trailangelmary
06-22-2010, 13:13
Hoping to meet with our mayor, Jester and Bag 'o' Tricks within 5 days
hoping to have bacon explosions prepped within the next 5 days
13 days until major prep cooking begins
14 days till I receive keys to park
17 days till everything is taken to park
18 days till feed & festivities begin

trailangelmary
06-22-2010, 13:49
I have decided to start some food prep earlier than July 5 to make my schedule easier. 6 Bacon explosions will be made and frozen this week. Then will get out to thaw in frig the week of the feed.

Panzer1
06-22-2010, 18:46
what all is in the Bacon Explosion??

Panzer

trailangelmary
06-22-2010, 19:02
what all is in the Bacon Explosion??

Panzer

It starts by weaving a pound of wide cut bacon so you have a solid square of bacon; season the bacon with a bbq rub; spread 2 lbs of sausage on the bacon; reseason; put one lb. of cooked bacon on top of that; roll the sausage up expelling all air; roll the bacon weave around the log of sausage; smoke it; pour bbq sauce on after done.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

amclumberjack
06-22-2010, 21:13
It starts by weaving a pound of wide cut bacon so you have a solid square of bacon; season the bacon with a bbq rub; spread 2 lbs of sausage on the bacon; reseason; put one lb. of cooked bacon on top of that; roll the sausage up expelling all air; roll the bacon weave around the log of sausage; smoke it; pour bbq sauce on after done.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

WOW that sounds so good

TheTank
06-22-2010, 22:46
The bacon explosion is the greatest food known to man.

Jester2000
06-23-2010, 01:01
The bacon explosion is the greatest food known to man.

. . . although sometimes it leads to the noticeably less popular "bathroom explosion."

trailangelmary
06-23-2010, 08:47
Thank you to the Duncannon American Legion who is allowing me to store the prepared food in their walk-in cooler the week of the feed

trailangelmary
06-24-2010, 11:44
Krispy Kritter was in Duncannon yesterday. He is in Phila now till Saturday and coming back to Duncannon Saturday to hike north again. He is also hiking and doing the above with two other hikers. They are wanting to get a ride to the feed from DWG and asked me to post this info here. Anyone out there coming from there?

trailangelmary
06-24-2010, 11:46
Getting nervous...will everything be ready and all plans complete in time???

trailangelmary
06-24-2010, 11:57
Getting nervous...will everything be ready and all plans complete in time???

15 days till setting up at park. That will happen on Thursday, July 8. We can camp at park that night. First meal will be served starting Friday late afternoon.

Newb
06-24-2010, 14:27
I'll be in Illinois :( That's two events I've missed this year...Trail Days and The feed.

trailangelmary
06-24-2010, 14:43
I'll be in Illinois :( That's two events I've missed this year...Trail Days and The feed.

Will miss you being there. Have a great summer.

sasquatch2014
06-25-2010, 10:54
Krispy Kritter was in Duncannon yesterday. He is in Phila now till Saturday and coming back to Duncannon Saturday to hike north again. He is also hiking and doing the above with two other hikers. They are wanting to get a ride to the feed from DWG and asked me to post this info here. Anyone out there coming from there?

I can't say for sure if I am able to get away yet but if so I could come by that way. will be a last min thing.

trailangelmary
06-25-2010, 12:16
The following items have been purchasedmore canned milk, celery, onion, peppers, some ingredients for green bean casserole, bacon and sausage for bacon explosion, chicken breasts for chicken pasta dish, gluten free pasta, 10 lb bag potatoes, and from my local chicken man, 3 dz brown eggs for red beet or pickled eggs.

trailangelmary
06-25-2010, 12:23
Thank you to an anonymous Duncannon resident for their generous cash donation to the feed.

trailangelmary
06-25-2010, 13:07
I received word that Can Do Will Do will be in attendance

trailangelmary
06-25-2010, 22:20
Have all the ingredients for the bacon explosion. Beginning the process of putting it together. Start by cooking the applewood smoked bacon that will go on the inside.
I've decided I should start doing the prep cooking now or it won't be done in time. If any one wants to help and is nearby any day between now and the feed, stop by and I'll give you some chores. Balcony block and a half from the Doyle.

RedneckRye
06-26-2010, 01:16
Seems as if Mary is personally trying to make this thread as long as the Warrigaghey thread.

Lion King
06-26-2010, 03:19
Old Fhart does not usually make the feed. Have not checked in with him since we got back from TD. He should be in a walking cast by now so I am sure he is easier (notice I did not say easy LOL) to live with. See you soon brother. Just came back from the MATC 75th Anniversary celebration. Good times were had by all. Heard video stories about Myron, Jean Stephenson, Louis Chorzempa from Roy Fairfield, the 3rd MATC president that took over when Avery died. The only man I know that is still with us that interacted with Myron. Good stuff. CYA

U still driving him around?:D

Lion King
06-26-2010, 03:23
I will be there as my train arrives in Harrisburg from LA on the 7th...need a ride to the Cannon...will help set up, cook (Im a effin great cook), may have to roll out early Sunday cuz Im so broke its sick after a month with no income...more or less...to return to work in NH.

Karoke you say?!?!???!??!? Sweet.

WalkinHome
06-26-2010, 09:43
U still driving him around?:D

Naw, I dropped him off as fast as I could after TD. Mad Mike escaped first and then I gave TOF back to his wife. Hopefully I get big karma for tending to him over that week LOL. It did not seem to affect his ability to speak though. I need to check up on him and see how his foot is doing. See you at the feed.

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 09:07
Seems as if Mary is personally trying to make this thread as long as the Warrigaghey thread.

Thanks for posting Redneck. Trying to keep this thread on the top of the list on the opening page, at least until July 8!

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 09:09
I will be there as my train arrives in Harrisburg from LA on the 7th...need a ride to the Cannon...will help set up, cook (Im a effin great cook), may have to roll out early Sunday cuz Im so broke its sick after a month with no income...more or less...to return to work in NH.

Karoke you say?!?!???!??!? Sweet.

See you then, LK. Waiting on word back from Lucky on the Karaoke.

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 09:11
Check out this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdbb6adF0Jw)! Bacon Explosion Preparation. 12 days till the feed!

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 11:10
The 100 lb. Pig has been ordered and Mary has found a new few good men to cook the pig as our previous pig men were not available. They are volunteering their time, fuel needed, and filling. The pig will once again this year be with head. $200 from donations is set aside to pay for pig.

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 11:12
Mutzabaughs Market in Duncannon has confirmed they will donate some food items for the feed. I am working on list of what is needed yet.

Panzer1
06-27-2010, 11:48
The pig will once again this year be with head.

I always felt sorry for the pig.

Panzer :D

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 12:43
Thank you to Ray Sterner who has donated a 3D map of the trail in the Duncannon area for viewing at the feed.

trailangelmary
06-27-2010, 14:30
Thanks for posting Redneck. Trying to keep this thread on the top of the list on the opening page, at least until July 8!

And to thank our donaters and keep all the Billville members who participate up to date on what's happening and how work is progressing!

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-28-2010, 21:40
I'm not so sure on the wristband idea now. Hey Mary I ran in to Sue Grace this past Sunday morning and she volunteered to play on Saturday evening (from 6-8?), possibly with some other members of her band.

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-28-2010, 21:58
The 100 lb. Pig has been ordered and Mary has found a new few good men to cook the pig as our previous pig men were not available. They are volunteering their time, fuel needed, and filling. The pig will once again this year be with head. $200 from donations is set aside to pay for pig.

The pig will once again this year be with head.

'head' who said, "head".., I'll take some of that..,

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-28-2010, 22:16
And to thank our donaters and keep all the Billville members who participate up to date on what's happening and how work is progressing!
Met area Ridge Runner this past weekend and he said he would take the feed flyer I made up to see if they will post it at ATC in Boiling Springs and then down to Outfitter and ATC Headquarters in HF. Hey the cats out of the bag the 'Allenberry' is now $40 not $25 a night.., still a bargain. http://www.allenberry.com/
And by the way, any rumors anyone may have heard about thur-hiker screwing things up there are totally false. Owner said she checked on prices with area B&B's and they still have them beat. She did say it's been tougher on her staff that cleans the rooms and also said they are finding more dirt and debri in their washers, pool, and hot tub:eek:

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-28-2010, 22:45
Mary please e-mail me with the list of sponsor's names as you would like them to appear on 'thank you' board and also anything else needed. Should be up again this weekend, sorry I misseed you last weekend.

trailangelmary
06-29-2010, 09:05
I'm not so sure on the wristband idea now. Hey Mary I ran in to Sue Grace this past Sunday morning and she volunteered to play on Saturday evening (from 6-8?), possibly with some other members of her band.

u should have called me or walked the block and a half!

trailangelmary
06-29-2010, 09:06
Met area Ridge Runner this past weekend and he said he would take the feed flyer I made up to see if they will post it at ATC in Boiling Springs and then down to Outfitter and ATC Headquarters in HF.

wish you would have told me. I wasted time and money making flyers and laminating them.

trailangelmary
06-29-2010, 09:18
Mary please e-mail me with the list of sponsor's names as you would like them to appear on 'thank you' board and also anything else needed. Should be up again this weekend, sorry I misseed you last weekend.

They are all listed here. Business names don't need personal names just names of business. Our pig cookers are Keel and Tim.

trailangelmary
06-29-2010, 09:40
More cooking done on Saturday for the feed - Amish Friendship Bread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzOMzpuaGc

TheTank
06-30-2010, 15:15
Right now my plan is to show up there in Duncannon sometime in the afternoon on Tuesday the 6th. I should also be bringing Matthewski with me, although I have yet to find a phone to call him to verify that.

Mary: I trust you can find something useful for me to do between then and the start of the feed.

trailangelmary
06-30-2010, 17:26
Right now my plan is to show up there in Duncannon sometime in the afternoon on Tuesday the 6th. I should also be bringing Matthewski with me, although I have yet to find a phone to call him to verify that.

Mary: I trust you can find something useful for me to do between then and the start of the feed.

Awesome, Tank. I have lots of useful thngs for you and Matthewski to do!

trailangelmary
06-30-2010, 18:50
Here's another video of more food preparations - ingredients for the white pasta sauce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8mgDEQHWVs

Lion King
06-30-2010, 18:51

I got something for you, pick LionKing up at the Amtrack in Harrisburg on the 7th.:D

trailangelmary
06-30-2010, 18:55
I got something for you, pick LionKing up at the Amtrack in Harrisburg on the 7th.:D

What time?

Lion King
06-30-2010, 19:28
What time?

not sure, I think its either 2:45 or noonish depending on which train I get on.

I may have to travel to Pittsburg or Chicago and hitch since I changed my date of departure and that made the ticket I had bought $200 more (Which I didnt buy--hoping to ride as long as I can on my other ticket).

god I cant wait to get back to work again.

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-30-2010, 21:15
u should have called me or walked the block and a half!

I told you the last time we talked I already had a flyer made up from previous feed's and that I would make them up. Sorry you wasted time and money. This past weekend I honestly had no intention of going to Duncannon. I was only there to slack as I had promised a very good friend of mine on his thru-hike and did not realize you needed to see me about anything. Sorry.

What do you mean the sponsors names are listed here?
Among all the post on this thread?
Could you please send me the list of sponsors.
Sorry I do not have nor want a computer at home. Have one at work and I only get on it occasionally (not everyday)
You have my home phone # leave a message if you need something.

Little One
06-30-2010, 23:27

I'll tell him

trailangelmary
06-30-2010, 23:50
I told you the last time we talked I already had a flyer made up from previous feed's and that I would make them up. Sorry you wasted time and money. This past weekend I honestly had no intention of going to Duncannon. I was only there to slack as I had promised a very good friend of mine on his thru-hike and did not realize you needed to see me about anything. Sorry.

What do you mean the sponsors names are listed here?
Among all the post on this thread?
Could you please send me the list of sponsors.
Sorry I do not have nor want a computer at home. Have one at work and I only get on it occasionally (not everyday)
You have my home phone # leave a message if you need something.

Sorry, Tricks. Just a little frustrated here. We'll work it all out.

BAG "o" TRICKS
07-01-2010, 18:10
See you this weekend. Relax everything will be fine.

sasquatch2014
07-01-2010, 18:23
I am not 100% sure but think I may be able to make it down and if I need to actr as an abritrator you guys are all on your own.

Tricks can't wait to see you and tell you about the hikers who I helped last night that spent some quailty time with you and are still thining about it all the way into CT.

Mary drink some of the wine that is in the Youtube video thumbnail. I?t will all work out. it always does.

harryfred
07-01-2010, 20:44
I may come on up If I get back from hiking in Va. Sure would be nice to see some of you all again.

sasquatch2014
07-01-2010, 22:17
I may come on up If I get back from hiking in Va. Sure would be nice to see some of you all again.

You can wrap your self in a black velvety warms of Duncannon.

mweinstone
07-02-2010, 12:11
the billville feed will be canceled due to the price of fun.
this just in...
the billville feed will be held as usuall due to generous donations of antifun donated annonymosly.
antifun particals will be contained in a containment feild held in stasis by nutron waves of semi hardened hiker alloys. this will attract and hold available funcicales witch will be fed to the converter to help make the journey. in other news...bag of tricks and mary, sitting in a tree h i k e i n g.first comes "of". then comes "mary".then drums rage at the hiker marrige.

aslo today, tank spoke 45 words in 24 hrs establishing a new world record for untalkers. also tank used a phone it has been reported.

matthewski was not in the news today fueling more contraversy as to weather he is enrolled in spelling classes witch would violate his contract with mesa who uses mattheski as a low bar for testing and any change in his iq would upset results of geniuses everywhere.

Red Wolf
07-02-2010, 12:34
:sun Wish I could make the trip up to join you guys there in Duncannon next Friday .
God Bless all you BILLVILLE-IANS !
~Red Wolf o'da Smoky's

trailangelmary
07-04-2010, 13:50
Awesome, Tank. I have lots of useful thngs for you and Matthewski to do!

Matthewski is here, Tank. You don't need to pick him up.

trailangelmary
07-04-2010, 14:08
Thank you to Robert "ridgerunner" Freeman for his monetary donation.

trailangelmary
07-04-2010, 14:13
Thank you to Charlie "Sparky" Dunn for his generous donation.

trailangelmary
07-04-2010, 14:48
Myself, Jester and Bag "o" Tricks met Saturday night at Doyle and finalized plans for events and remainder of purchases needed for the feed. Tricks and Jester have their lists. Along with the traditional Leki Pole Throw, we came up with some AWESOME new game ideas. It is going to be so funny. Have your camera ready!

mweinstone
07-06-2010, 15:34
at this moment and for the next few...i am completly in charge of the doyal hotel. vicky and pat are doing an errand. i am king. i have announced to the baroom of hikers the new rules. we drink from the tap and no levels change in the glasses. first the anty up.

Lion King
07-06-2010, 18:51
Ill be there mon yana...in Harrisburg at 12:45 in the afternoon....god, I hope its cold when I get there.:sun

Lion King
07-06-2010, 18:52
at the amtrak is what I was trying to say...In Chicago right now and its FRIKKIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

BAG "o" TRICKS
07-06-2010, 19:43
I am not 100% sure but think I may be able to make it down and if I need to actr as an abritrator you guys are all on your own.

Tricks can't wait to see you and tell you about the hikers who I helped last night that spent some quailty time with you and are still thining about it all the way into CT.

Mary drink some of the wine that is in the Youtube video thumbnail. I?t will all work out. it always does.

Well after our little pow wow in Duncannon this past Saturday 'hopefully' we've got it all together for this weekend. T.A. Mary, as usual, has done most if not all the leg and prep work thus far, along with feeding and shuttling hikers. Amazing. If any thru-hiker currently on the trail read this please take note: The Doyle Hotel closed their kitchen early (6pm) on the 4th and T.A. Mary offered the thru-hikers dinner at her place. Her daughter Tina and Mountain Mike put together a very nice meal for us all. At the end of it we all 'thanked them' for it but not one of the thru-hikers offered Mary a dime or donation for it. Maybe its just me, but I found this a little disturbing and hoped it was not the norm in manners today. Anyway back to feed, Mary is really counting on help from all Billvillians in attendance along with any others attending who may be interested in helping out, just ask her when you see her.

Jester and I went out to a trailhead after the meeting and threw down some magic in the extreme heat and humidity, which made the 25+ hikers who happened to walk into it extremely happy. To any trail angels out there that can help, water is gone in all but a few springs now in PA so hikers really appreciate anyone who can leave a few gallons at a trail crossing. Stopped in Port Clinton last evening on way home and met another ten or so thru-hikers. Despite the usual summer weather and lack of water everyone said they were, "doing great, but with slightly sorer feet":) Sasquatch I hope to see you and many others at the feed.

BAG "o" TRICKS
07-06-2010, 19:45
Ill be there mon yana...in Harrisburg at 12:45 in the afternoon....god, I hope its cold when I get there.:sun

104 in the shade today:) only kidding but it's close.

Panzer1
07-07-2010, 10:32

I'll see you there. :)

Panzer

Jack Tarlin
07-07-2010, 11:21
I was hoping to head up that way yesterday or today; there seem to be some transportation issues that need to be resolved and it now looks like I'll be delayed. If anyone plans to be in or passing thru Harpers Ferry in the next few days, please let me know, thanx.

Panzer1
07-07-2010, 14:09
It looks like the temps are going to be nice and cool at night for tent camping.
71 degrees Friday night
67 degrees Saturday night

Panzer

amclumberjack
07-07-2010, 14:21
I was hoping to head up that way yesterday or today; there seem to be some transportation issues that need to be resolved and it now looks like I'll be delayed. If anyone plans to be in or passing thru Harpers Ferry in the next few days, please let me know, thanx.

ill be passing thru HF or thur penmar att he MD PA line fri night on my way to the feed

BAG "o" TRICKS
07-07-2010, 19:09

Transportation issues? What ever happened to walkin', after all.., you 'are' a trail legend;). If you had started walking the last I heard you where in HF you'd be back in NJ or NY by now:D. Was looking for you on the trail between Penn Mar and PGF but everyone I ran into on that section said the last time they saw you was in HF or in Waynesboro, someone even reported seeing you riding around with Crazy Horse:eek:. Anyway if you need a ride call me at my home number and I'll come get you and bring you to the feed.

Luv ya Brother.:p

Miss Janet
07-07-2010, 19:33
I have a exhausted, hot and discouraged hiker at Pen Mar that needs the support and hiker love of Billville. He is a chef and when I suggested he might come to Duncannon and hang out with everyone and help with the Feed it really seemed to lift his spirits. Is there anyone around this evening that might be able to make a run down there to pick him up? If not, what are his best options for hitching that way?? Call me if you can help out and I will pass on the message.... 423-483-0620 Miss Janet

amclumberjack
07-07-2010, 19:51
I have a exhausted, hot and discouraged hiker at Pen Mar that needs the support and hiker love of Billville. He is a chef and when I suggested he might come to Duncannon and hang out with everyone and help with the Feed it really seemed to lift his spirits. Is there anyone around this evening that might be able to make a run down there to pick him up? If not, what are his best options for hitching that way?? Call me if you can help out and I will pass on the message.... 423-483-0620 Miss Janet

pm sent as i will be going tho the MD PA line fri night to get to the feed if he sill needs a ride or any other hikers

harryfred
07-09-2010, 20:16
Just got back from Harpers Ferry. Note to self: Do not hike the roller coaster on the hotest most humid days of the year:eek:. Too late to head on up to night I'll get cleaned up and head on up tomorrow. Better late than never. hope there is still a tent spot.

Panzer1
07-12-2010, 15:06
so, what was the official count of people who attended? I'm guessing about 100 or so.

Panzer

Jack Tarlin
07-12-2010, 16:42
Beats me. 100 seems a bit high; 65-75 is more like it.

All I know is everyone had a great time; thanx to all who helped out!!

boarstone
07-12-2010, 18:21
Now what happened between June 9th and today? Inquiring minds want to know!

sasquatch2014
07-12-2010, 18:56
Now what happened between June 9th and today? Inquiring minds want to know!

Great seeing you all. Was a long trip home. After I dropped off those that were there I came across a hiker trying to get up to Culvers Gap from the DWG so I gave him a ride and figured if I was going to be that close..... So I brought water up to Shelter near HP in NJ that has no water source.

Panzer1
07-12-2010, 19:07
next year if it is this hot again I think we should have a wet T shirt contest, just to beat the heat. And if no one else wants the job I'll volunteer to be the hose boy :D

Panzer

Lone Wolf
07-18-2010, 20:26
so did somethin' bad happen? there are no reports of a good time or anything

RedneckRye
07-18-2010, 22:44

My guess is that the bacon explosion caused everyone's arteries to seize up and no one survived.

mmm...bacon.

Panzer1
07-19-2010, 01:05
I skipped the bacon explosion this year because when I tried it last year it did not sit well in my stomach. burrrpp

Panzer

Panzer1
07-19-2010, 01:14

yea, it has been quiet.

Panzer

Jester2000
07-19-2010, 08:04

Nah, if something bad happened, you definitely would have heard about it.

Personally, I fell asleep immediately after the Feed and I just woke up.

trailangelmary
07-20-2010, 16:37
rave reviews from all the hikers I've seen since. Pics and video soon on facebook and my youtube...search trailangelmary on youtube

bfitz
07-20-2010, 19:43
next year if it is this hot again I think we should have a wet T shirt contest, just to beat the heat. And if no one else wants the job I'll volunteer to be the hose boy :D

Panzer Yeah, but a hiker wet t-shirt contest is when all the hikers put their sweat soaked t-shirts on display and the smelliest wins a prize. In any case, I'm the official billville hoseboy (and towelboy, in the event of any actual hosing or toweling off).

Jester2000
07-20-2010, 19:55
Yeah, but a hiker wet t-shirt contest is when all the hikers put their sweat soaked t-shirts on display and the smelliest wins a prize. In any case, I'm the official billville hoseboy (and towelboy, in the event of any actual hosing or toweling off).

Hoseboy. Heh heh heh.

Panzer1
07-20-2010, 21:15
Yeah, but a hiker wet t-shirt contest is when all the hikers put their sweat soaked t-shirts on display and the smelliest wins a prize. In any case, I'm the official billville hoseboy (and towelboy, in the event of any actual hosing or toweling off).

wait a minute. the wet t-shirt contest was my idea. :-?

Panzer

bfitz
07-21-2010, 13:45
wait a minute. the wet t-shirt contest was my idea. :-?

PanzerI believe the wet T-shirt contest has been around long before either of us ever knew what was under those t-shirts...

Panzer1
07-21-2010, 14:14
another idea I had was to set up our own recycle bins for next year for cans and plastic bottles (glass bottle should be discouraged). That way people won't stuff beer cans in the public trash barrels, which is a problem because beer is not allowed and the park employees know to look in the trash barrels for empty beer cans. And besides recycling is always a good idea.

Panzer

Jester2000
07-21-2010, 14:47
another idea I had was to set up our own recycle bins for next year for cans and plastic bottles (glass bottle should be discouraged). That way people won't stuff beer cans in the public trash barrels, which is a problem because beer is not allowed and the park employees know to look in the trash barrels for empty beer cans. And besides recycling is always a good idea.

Panzer

There were no beer cans or bottles in any of the barrels or the dumpster. We checked.

sasquatch2014
07-21-2010, 20:41
There were no beer cans or bottles in any of the barrels or the dumpster. We checked.

It was completly dry at the feed. Sleeping in the field was like sleeping on straw.

Jester2000
07-21-2010, 21:34
It was completly dry at the feed. Sleeping in the field was like sleeping on straw.

Like sleeping on straw in Salt Lake City.

BigFoot2002
07-21-2010, 22:29
The only thing drier than that feed is the wit on this thread.

bfitz
07-26-2010, 14:50
The only thing drier than that feed is the wit on this thread.
It's London dry.