PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Recommendations for 3 Days in Mass

Kor
06-14-2010, 07:00
Hi Everyone,

My friend and I want to do a 3-day section hike in Massachusetts in early July. My friend will park somewhere and my mom will drive us down the trail on her way from Boston to Albany, so somewhere somewhat close to Route 90 would be good, but she's willing to take us where we need to go.

A couple of options would be good - We're fairly fit, but not looking to go crazy. Depending on terrain, something in the ballpark of 10 mile days would be good - with hopefully a slightly shorter first day. We're both Massachusetts natives, but never hiked much in Mass, so we'd like to do a classic Massachusetts piece of the trail. We'll be bringing a tent, but would like to camp at lean-tos.

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

KOR

berkshirebirder
06-14-2010, 11:18
ALDHA's Online Companion (http://www.aldha.org/companyn/ct-me10.pdf) would be a good place to start planning your trip. Scroll down to the Massachusetts data.

Cosmo
06-14-2010, 13:36
Hop off the Pike at Exit 2 (Lee), then take Rt 20 East to the AT crossing.
Southbound you could do Goose Pond Cabin(1.6) , then Shaker Campsite (no shelter here) (9.9), then Tom Leonard (11.2). Head on south 6.4 miles to Rt 7 to finish up.

Cosmo